Games people rate which you just can't seem to get into?

Tootell

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elder Scrolls, and the majority of RPGs with Fallout being an exception as I just wonder around puzzled and I end up hoarding every item I come across and not having the will to drop and have that snail paced walk.....Plus I'm too impatient to go through the hours of dialog ain't nobody got time for that. UGHHH!

Need for speed or any racing game, my reaction times suck so I just crash after crash to a loss. Although I wasn't too bad on a few for the Playstation 2 but I was a little younger.

GTA IV - I haven't been able to get into that game yet.

Biostock - I've only played a little bit of the first game, maybe I'll go back and try it again one day.

Call of Duty series - Single player is ok to play, but it's nothing speical. Never been a fan of multiplayer for any game.

Mindcraft.

Edited by MasterXeus

Battlefield and Medal of Honor. Maybe that speaks more to the friends I keep, but most of them won't stop banging on about either of those franchises for one reason or another. I just can't fathom what they see in those games that they like so much.

On the other hand, I can't seem to get any of my friends interested in more.. let's be generous and say 'quirky' games. Catherine and Alice: Madness Returns come to mind right away. Try as I might, no one wants to even try those games to see what I like in them. Me and my friends: a more understanding and accommodating group of people you will never meet.

Skyrim some people say its addicting and it is in my genre of game though becauce i love rpgs theirs just something that bore's me about its probably cause ive played world of Warcraft alot and there both questing games idk just cant seem to get into skyrim but i want to

I picked up Borderlands 1 GOTY edition recently to see what the hype is about, but I didn't enjoy it that much. I 1000'd the main game and finished 2 of the DLC's, but the looming boredom of Mad Moxxi and camping for robot parts has kept me from putting it back in. I also wasn't too impressed by GTA IV. I beat the main story, but I haven't finished any of the side mission achievements. I'm also not huge on Dragon Age.

Only two so far- Assassins Creed and Final Fantasy. Both for the same reasons. I cannot get used to the play style and just do not feel connected to the storyline. Might try giving them a second try later on. It took me a while to get into Mass Effect 2 and now it is one of my favorite games.

Halo - just not my type of game. Though I have to admit I only played ODST for the 360, I don't see myself ever playing Halo again

Final Fantasy - since I'm an RPG fan, a friend recommended me to try out FF13. It seemed like a great game, but I just could not get along with the turn-based combat system.

Assassins Creed 3 - this was a slight disappointment. I really enjoyed the other AC games, but AC3 just could not grip me. Completed the story and never played it again

Crysis - same as Halo. Just not my type of game

Skyrim. I loved Oblivion and I love the Fallout games as well, but Skyrim is just to damn boring to get into.

It really pisses me off too, I was looking forward to playing it. All I've heard since its release is how utterly great the new game engine is, but aside from duel wielding weapons, which is unimpressive in my opinion, I'm hard pressed to see any serious difference.

The quests are mind numbingly monotonous, you can sum them up in two categories: Go somewhere and kill a group of people or go somewhere and fetch some item. Not only that, but there's absolutely no motivation given for anything you're asked to do, I have no clue why I'm doing half the things I'm asked to do in this game.

There's also no repercussions what-so-ever for any action you take. You can be a thief and rob people blind and everyone will still treat you like a hero. Of course that's pointless because there's nothing in the game to steal that cant be found lying around for free or gotten off of a dead enemy anyway. Even if you get caught killing an innocent person all you have to do is pay a fine and it's as if nothing ever happened. There's two warring factions in the game but neither side seems to care at all if you help the other one.

There's no motivation to go out and explore because the loot in Skyrim is nothing but low level crap that you could easily make yourself. Even the unique items are less powerful than what I can make on my own, assuming you have your enchanting skill at a decent level.

Finding decent weapons is kind of pointless anyway seeing as once you reach max level you're so overpowered it's ridiculously easy even on the hardest difficulty. I've yet to find an enemy that wont die in one or two swipes of my sword since hitting level 70 or so. It's gotten downright boring.

Don't even get me started on the bugs, Bethesda's inability to make a game that's not riddled with glitches isn't even funny anymore. How they manage to stay in business is mind boggling.

Edited by ReaptheChaos

I just can't get into anything MP (CoD, Halo, Gears) Loved Gears SP. Idk maybe I'm just old school and remember games when it was just me and a controller and a good SP campaign. That's why it makes me sad to say that after almost 200,000GS I'm leaning towards jumping to PS3 cuz of there amazing SP exclusives. Just seems like M$ only really cares about MP. They just don't show any of us SP lovers any love with there 1st party studios

Skyrim and minecraft, this is mostly because of people saying that its awesome and then talking about it so much that when i actually play them there is nothing exciting as with tales of vesperia im near the end and i cant be bothered to play it anymore (mostly because i havent played it on around 6 months)

This is a great topic choice for a thread.. Kinda reminds me of the "Unpopular Opinions" thread a while back.

Games that I have no interest in that everyone else thinks are so great:

Oblivion and Skyrim - I'm sorry but I'm not into the whole fantasy Mid-Evil, swords and sorcery stuff. This is also why I always had a hard time getting into the lord of the rings films and Game of Thrones on HBO. I'm more of a Sci-Fi guy, that's why I prefer fallout over these.

Final Fantasy - Basically everyone I ever played. I don't know what it is about them, but they arn't Xenogears.. far from it.

Mindcraft - It's a level editor to me.. and not having a creative bone in my body doesn't boost my interest in this title whatsoever.

The Orange Box - I am just not a fan of Valve, Steam or that walking contradiction Gabe Newal. While I did enjoy Portal, Team Fortress was as much as a bore as Half Life 2 IMO. I prefer ID's games any day of the week and twice on Sunday! They also take more pride in their console ports as well.

Castle Crashers - I just couldn't get into it, I instead had a friend get me all the achievements in a day.. I was only a level 22.

Happy Wars - Same thing, just couldn't get into it.

Doritos Crash Course - I've never been this frustrated and pissed off since playing the first 3 MegaMans on the NES.. At least the Mega Man games were good though.

I really can't think of anymore off the top of my head but I can tell you that I have also lost interest in Gears, Halo and Cod completely and I have absolutely no interest the Music, Simulation (very few exceptions like racers) or Real Time strategy genre whatsoever. I also despise PC gaming and don't even look at the PC as a gaming platform for me. I also don't understand how anyone can game sitting at a desk to game.. even some console gamers do that and I'll never understand it.. it's just "Alien" to me. Too each their own, but these are almost pet peeves of mine.

I think I covered everything except for all the games I could care less about.

Edited by Delow317