X-Men RPG

indoorblakininja

• 1 month later...

By the sound of the title, it might be, who knows.

I've always wanted to create my own mutant and pick my own powers

Me too. fingers crossed because i wanted to make a mutant with nightclawers teleporting and wolverine's claws, that would make the perfect assassin *teleport* *stab* *teleport* *stab* oh boy, i really hope this would happen

• 1 month later...

Watching the trailers they just posted it does not look like there will be a nearly any power customizing. Both the male and female characters looked to have the same powers at different points.

I'm hoping for a good game but that does worry me.

• 4 weeks later...

I know I am a bit late on this thread, but what i have gathered from the info on this game there will be 3 playable mutants that have been created for this game. Each of the 3 has different starting mutant powers and as you play through and do quests for other mutants they will give you some of their powers. As you play through the game you will do quests that will either side you with the X-men to help preserve a mutant/human future or side with the brotherhood of mutants in a good/evil Fable sort of way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
By the sound of the title, it might be, who knows.

Me too. fingers crossed because i wanted to make a mutant with nightclawers teleporting and wolverine's claws, that would make the perfect assassin *teleport* *stab* *teleport* *stab* oh boy, i really hope this would happen

It happened, read "What If?: Wolverine Enemy of the State".

Ok here is a quick summary of some of the info that I can give you at the moment.

You choose between 3 starting characters, each with their own backstory. You also choose between 3 "core powers" which are; Density Control, Energy Projection, Shadow Matter.

Throughout the game you will obtain "X-Gene enhancements" which are basically other mutants powers (Wolverines Claws, Nightcrawlers Teleport, Icemans freezing abilities etc.) and there are three different types. You can equip three of these at a time, One for offensive, one for defensive and one for utility.

The game is said to be all about choices and there will be lots of key choices the player will have to make that determines the outcome of the story and I guess which X-gene enhancements you will obtain.

I am looking forward to this game but it is not quite what I had expected when I first heard there was going to be an X-Men RPG. Regardless, it will definitely be a buy for me.

HERE is a link to the official website if you want further info

• 2 weeks later...
to everyone that reads this..... This game is RENT WORTHY.... do not buy

im close to 1000 and its only been 4 hours. And it sucks

It's a solid beat em up button masher, but very short and not worth buying. Doesn't nessessarily mean it sucks. I rather enjoyed the way you could mix and match X-Genes and make a somewhat uniqe character. If you are expecting X-Men "Arkham City", then yeah it sucks, but it is worth playing through and rather enjoyable for Marvel/X-Men fans.

But again don't buy it, cause if you do, then yeah, you will probably say it sucks. I don't understand why it is so damn short is my problem. Even if you add the obvious 2 playthroughs for X-Men and Brotherhood choices it is still a 10-12 hour game. And for something with very little replay value beyond that, I would be rather pissed if I spent the money on it.

Only thing I could really see is if they had 3 unique stories per character, on both the X-Men and Brotherhood paths at 5 hours or so each, that would make a 30 hour game in total, which is probably what I would have done with this idea if I were in the room when they decided how to handle it.