Achievement Guide with Roadmap

BillyBobTwo

Ranks are all locked to their difficulties, so to get the achievement for getting SSS on Nephilim you need to be playing on Nephilim. Ranks do not retroactively update if that is your question. Meaning getting a SSS on collectibles later will not upgrade previous ratings. To get all the collectibles you need to get to at least mission 6 to get Eryx. So you can play on Nep to start but you are still going to have to go back and re-do the first missions anyway so it's up to you if you want that time to be easier or harder. Also Keys for Doors do not match up one for one. Meaning you might get a Copper Key in a mission, but the door is Argent.

It just seemed easier to get everything unlocked, then get all the collectibles, and then really get going in the game. That was just my take on it.

Any of the three starting difficulties will unlock Son of Sparda.

For those of you who have made decent progression in this game already, would you advise following BillyBob's roadmap as far as difficulty progression is concerned? Just got home from work and I'm just about to get started on my first playthrough but not sure which difficulty to start off on. I have played all four of the original DMC games, so I'm not reluctant to start on Nephilim at all but that's not what BillyBob advises. Does anyone know if you just have to complete one playthrough on any difficulty to unlock Son of Sparda or does it have to be completed on Nephilim? Also, are collectibles and SSS rankings retroactive in the sense that if I get SS rankings on all levels on Nephilim and then dedicate a separate playthrough on Human for collectibles, I will then be awarded the SSS rankings on the Nephilim missions I had completed prior? Or do the collectibles have to be completed before even thinking about going for the Nephilim SSS achievement? I'm just trying to figure this out for efficiency's sake with collectibles and all so I don't have a bunch of extra needless playthroughs (not that I don't want replay value)! Thanks in advance.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranks are all locked to their difficulties, so to get the achievement for getting SSS on Nephilim you need to be playing on Nephilim. Ranks do not retroactively update if that is your question. Meaning getting a SSS on collectibles later will not upgrade previous ratings. To get all the collectibles you need to get to at least mission 6 to get Eryx. So you can play on Nep to start but you are still going to have to go back and re-do the first missions anyway so it's up to you if you want that time to be easier or harder. Also Keys for Doors do not match up one for one. Meaning you might get a Copper Key in a mission, but the door is Argent.

It just seemed easier to get everything unlocked, then get all the collectibles, and then really get going in the game. That was just my take on it.

Any of the three starting difficulties will unlock Son of Sparda.

Exactly what I needed to know! Now I can actually start playing the damn game, rather than inquisitively staring at the main menu. Human it will be! Thank you, my friend.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1624/5-8xfUQ=.jpgWhere does the time go? - 10:gsicon: You completed a level in 2 minutes or less

Once you have Angel Boost you can restart this mission on Human difficulty. Kill the first wave of enemies and then just Angel Boost to the end. Easy.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1624/5-lSZ5s=.jpgLooks like it's your lucky day - 10:gsicon: You completed a level without taking any damage

Playing this level a second time on Human after already getting Angel Boost is the way to go. There is only the opening area enemies and then you can Angel Boost to finish the level very quickly.

What levels?

A few questions:

Is Nephilim pretty much the new Devil Hunter mode? If you just have to SSS those, it can't be too bad right?

Are there still holy waters? And bought with orbs?

Is there an infinite respawn part in heaven and hell mode like in DMC 4? 5k is a lot.

OK. I have never played any of the previous ones so I will answer best I can based on just what I know about this one.

Nephilim difficulty is one of three starting options. They can be switched at any time. So Nephilim is the hardest of the base 3, but not that hard.

If you are talking about health items there are 2. One gives you part of your health back, the other gives you all of it. They are bought with Red Orbs and found in missions and you can carry 10 of each. There are also Gold Orbs that you can carry 3 that allow you to die and continue on, not from checkpoint.

There are a LOT of checkpoints. So you can use a Gold Orb if you have one, or just start back at the last checkpoint. Each item and death counts against your total score.

OK. I have never played any of the previous ones so I will answer best I can based on just what I know about this one.

Nephilim difficulty is one of three starting options. They can be switched at any time. So Nephilim is the hardest of the base 3, but not that hard.

If you are talking about health items there are 2. One gives you part of your health back, the other gives you all of it. They are bought with Red Orbs and found in missions and you can carry 10 of each. There are also Gold Orbs that you can carry 3 that allow you to die and continue on, not from checkpoint.

There are a LOT of checkpoints. So you can use a Gold Orb if you have one, or just start back at the last checkpoint. Each item and death counts against your total score.

holy waters are pretty much mini nukes that take out most the baddies. not great for style, but gets you through the tough parts later on.

holy waters are pretty much mini nukes that take out most the baddies. not great for style, but gets you through the tough parts later on.

Nope that is not in there. There is Devil Trigger ability that you earn through damaging enemies that allows you to do more damage and heals you.

for the SSS do you have to do all the criteria in 1 go or can you split it up, say do the time and then play the chapter again and go for the style points, can it be done like this or do you have to do everything in 1 try for each chapter?

this is for the Nephilim chapters achievement.

Edited by jpg30

So, basically if I collect all collectibles on Human, they also count as SSS for Nephilim? Is that right?

And also, in the guide it says that you need to get Aquilla, so you can get all the collectibles. Later you posted that you only need to get to Mission 6, so you get Eryx? So, do I need Aquilla or not?

Thanks!

Edited by Warpath Lord

Didn't see this posted over here so...

If anyone is struggling with Nephilim SSS Ranks, found this tip on our sister site.

Credit goes to MarcoDeMars

OK, on each mission, assuming that you already have the SSS for 100% completion, and that u already know the path of the mission meaning you won't lose much time, granting at worst a SS for time, SSS rank will depend mainly on getting a SSS for the style score

If you mess one or more of the fights during the mission, losing your multiplier from a stupid enemy hit, this could prevent you from getting the SSS for style. And reloading from checkpoint is equivalent to a death, and a decrease of 10% for each reload at your final score

But exit to main menu, and using continue (same effect than a checkpoint reload except you don't get back your whole health), doesn't count as a death!

So, if you mess a fight, exit to main menu and use continue. You'll get back at the beginning of the fight, not counting a death. With this tip, SSS ranking is quite a breeze

Edit: You can probably also put the time down to 30/35+ hours.

Edited by Echilion

So, basically if I collect all collectibles on Human, they also count as SSS for Nephilim? Is that right?

And also, in the guide it says that you need to get Aquilla, so you can get all the collectibles. Later you posted that you only need to get to Mission 6, so you get Eryx? So, do I need Aquilla or not?

Thanks!

Once you have the collectibles you will have SSS on ALL difficulties.

You need the Aquilla for some. I updated the guide, but haven't changed my posts.

Aside from the SSS Nephilim, this shouldn't be too hard.

That is assuming all the other difficulties aren't that hard.

SSS Nephilim isn't even hard. I got atleast an S on every mission on Dante Must Die first try.

Edited by The Duke of Darkness

im struggling badly on human mode to get even 1 SSS on style points, that demon evade is useless having it set at RT and RB, it's impossible to hold the controller like that and play the game, most times i have been hit out of nowhere too by an enemy, it's a bit unfair you have to build up each rank when it can then get knocked down rank in an instant.

surprised to not see easier combo's too like using A+X. Y+B, etc.

there's hardly any way of really grabbing orbs for health kits either, the boss on mission 14 just literally took all of mine just to beat it on human mode.

no chance of me ever completing this game as i just can't get to grips with the control system of the game.

much preferred Bayonetta.

im struggling badly on human mode to get even 1 SSS on style points, that demon evade is useless having it set at RT and RB, it's impossible to hold the controller like that and play the game, most times i have been hit out of nowhere too by an enemy, it's a bit unfair you have to build up each rank when it can then get knocked down rank in an instant.

surprised to not see easier combo's too like using A+X. Y+B, etc.

there's hardly any way of really grabbing orbs for health kits either, the boss on mission 14 just literally took all of mine just to beat it on human mode.

no chance of me ever completing this game as i just can't get to grips with the control system of the game.

much preferred Bayonetta.

You can map the buttons however you want.

You can map the buttons however you want.

i know, but it's then hard to work out where exactly to put the buttons to suit as they are actually laid out ok, it's just this demon evade set up, i think should have been made by using the jump button and the left thumbstick in a direction to do the slow-mo evade like you could do in bayonetta.

i know, but it's then hard to work out where exactly to put the buttons to suit as they are actually laid out ok, it's just this demon evade set up, i think should have been made by using the jump button and the left thumbstick in a direction to do the slow-mo evade like you could do in bayonetta.

LB also evades. Use that with RT for the demon evade.

well im done with this game, im just going to finish the story on human and that's it for me, well done to those who can complete this game but it's not for me, bayonetta did everything so well but this game is just a joke, shit camera angles, no lock on to targets, hardly any red orbs to buy health, cheap hits especially from long range and floors, etc that just suddenly disappear where you have to be psychic to see it before it happens.

even castlevania: LOS was a for better game than this, it could have been a decent game for me but controls are too over complicated and with over powered enemies, and this is on human mode.

so not for me.