Official Bitching Thread

Campers.

I've been called a camper a couple of times, but there is a difference between hearing someone coming and not being an idiot and running straight into their line of sight and just sitting round a corner for the whole game waiting for people to walk by.

If I hear someone coming, I'll usually hide and kill them when they pass me, then proceed on my merry way. That's not camping, it's just being sensible.

Also, people who play objective based games but don't attempt to complete the objectives. I hate how the scorecard only shows kills and deaths. In domination, it should show captures at least. The amount of people in kill confirmed who don't collect tags is irritating as well.

Technically, it is still "camping" by definition. But I get what you're saying.

I definitely think there should be a number displaying how many tags you've confirmed, in kill confirmed. It also gives you an idea of how your team is playing.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck the commando lunge panic knife. I don't understand how you can run through a steady stream of AA-12 bullets, at least 3 to 4, and then get a one hit kill with a knife. Aiming takes a moderate amount of skill, even with a shotgun, but pressing the knife button once and letting the game lunge you 10 feet through the air is nothing short of miraculous.

It's been in every CoD game and I absolutely hate it. My k/d would be so much higher if not for the stupid knife.

Yesterday was my second day of playing multiplayer in MW3 and it is still as laggy as Lag Ops. I was hoping the lag would go away as the first week deluge of players died down. I will continue playing for the next week to see what it's like. If the lag doesn't resolve itself, I am not getting Elite. Having more maps when you can't play on a more even playing field is pointless.

You guys all know how great the spawns are in MW3, right?

Fantastic Spawning IW! - YouTube

Note that I also spawned right in the middle of enemy territory, far away from my team, and also right in front of someone who just leaped in front of me.

True that also sucks in this game!

^There was no "spawn" in that video...the guy jumped down from the higher part. You don't fall to the ground when spawning.

That's not what I was talking about. Also, read the sentence below the video I posted. I spawned around enemy territory, far from where my teammates were. The second viewpoint in the video started right when I spawned, and when I look at it, he was already jumping down by the time I spawned.

My spawn there shouldn't have happened. It was beneficial to me, but it was still bad.

I should have also gotten that other one where I was running around in Underground, and I literally saw someone spawn right in front of me, a few feet, and then got killed. No Tactical Insertion or anything, didn't hear a sound, hear it, or see it.

Also got my entire team killed by a person I just killed who spawned right outside our building once. Bullshit.

W.T.F.

They didn't fix this. So I run out of ammo on my gun, I try to knife the guy, but I couldn't because it was in the middle of the animation to make my guy switch from my gun to the Stinger. Who the F pulls out a Stinger when out of ammo? W.T.F. I can't believe they didn't fix this crap. If all I have left is a weapon that requires lock-on, don't F-ing make me switch to it. It's a simple, single If-Then programming statement. Fix it.

I just started going through the campaign again to mop up achievements and find intel and i just realised how many parts of the maps are inaccessable. On Black Tuesday there were so many sand bag walls or counters in offices i though may have an intel briefcase behind it only to spend a few minutes trying to jump over then realising i couldn't.

Really, you couldn't have given us and extra 5 feet of street to explore instead of corning the area off with an invisible wall, talk about linear corridor;)

I just started going through the campaign again to mop up achievements and find intel and i just realised how many parts of the maps are inaccessable. On Black Tuesday there were so many sand bag walls or counters in offices i though may have an intel briefcase behind it only to spend a few minutes trying to jump over then realising i couldn't.

Really, you couldn't have given us and extra 5 feet of street to explore instead of corning the area off with an invisible wall, talk about linear corridor;)

To me, what's more annoying than invisible walls are ones that look like they're passable. Like you said, the bags or other areas where it looks like you _could_ jump over, but really can't. I'd rather they just put up a solid 7 feet tall structure there than some pretty looking 3 feet high crate that your guy for some reason can't get over. I'd rather know for sure that I'm not allowed back there.

Fuck the commando lunge panic knife. I don't understand how you can run through a steady stream of AA-12 bullets, at least 3 to 4, and then get a one hit kill with a knife. Aiming takes a moderate amount of skill, even with a shotgun, but pressing the knife button once and letting the game lunge you 10 feet through the air is nothing short of miraculous.

Piss take aint it .bs commando lunge .retarded hit detection ,guns that make no sense .

Bullets on and off line that can hit you from stupid impossible distances .people who just run around use zero skill and look for red dots ALL THE FUCKING TIME .the way lieing down makes you invincible as does jumping .

People who xbox buttons as clan tags look cool .just some of the many things that are wrong with this game .clowns that lie in corners for a full ten minutes also annoy the crap out of me,yes running around like a nub is not how you play the game but f me move out of ya tent once in a while..

Was doing the Veteran Spec Ops with a buddy today.... all was going well and easy until the mission where you're in the juggernaut suit, and your buddy is up on the building covering you, and you have to defuse all the IED's in the street against infinite waves.

We failed a couple of times, no biggie, and then we were rolling. Had 7 outta 8 defused, moving in on #8, and BAM disconnected. Irate.

I hate infinite enemies. I think it's a cheap, lazy way for the developers to make a mission difficult. Also, I HATE HATE HATE the Juggernaut suit. I feel like I'm running around in a fat suit. Like, put me in a grocery cart and push me down a hill, please....

Was doing the Veteran Spec Ops with a buddy today.... all was going well and easy until the mission where you're in the juggernaut suit, and your buddy is up on the building covering you, and you have to defuse all the IED's in the street against infinite waves.

We failed a couple of times, no biggie, and then we were rolling. Had 7 outta 8 defused, moving in on #8, and BAM disconnected. Irate.

I hate infinite enemies. I think it's a cheap, lazy way for the developers to make a mission difficult. Also, I HATE HATE HATE the Juggernaut suit. I feel like I'm running around in a fat suit. Like, put me in a grocery cart and push me down a hill, please....

Seriously i played that mission so much with a friend and we couldnt do it, then went through it by my self and did it first time. Not a clue how but I'm not going to complain.

As for infinite enemies i personally wish they still had them in the game properly. (Campaign that is) They got rid of it and now the sp is piss in comparison. You can just sit back and occasionally walk forward. Miss the challenge of levels like hill 400 :( except the ripping out hair part

As for infinite enemies i personally wish they still had them in the game properly. (Campaign that is) They got rid of it and now the sp is piss in comparison. You can just sit back and occasionally walk forward. Miss the challenge of levels like hill 400 :( except the ripping out hair part

I'm pretty sure they can increase the difficulty without resorting to the lazy-ass method of an onslaught of enemies that doesn't stop until you push up.

How they have it now is a good balance between MW2's non respawning and the others infinite.

Weird, I can't knife anyone at all. As if the hit detection is off.

Holy cow mate, I 100% agree with you there. In my 40 hour multiplayer career so far, I've tried stabbing many many people, only to land around 7 or 8. I say hit detection is definitely off.

I've even had hit markers from knifing...

well i have clocked an amazing 2D 10H wtv odd minutes on this games MP, only to have a whopping 1.1 KD and endless frusteration. its to the point where i know these maps pretty well, but the surplus of ways this game finds to screw me over is unrealistic. i realise i am not the best player, which is why i try to out-play my enemies by using strategy and such. i usually patroll several choke points, looking back and forth keeping an eye on the mini map. i just find myself having more and more bad games, constantly breaking even or 1 kill above.

never had too much of a problem with my connection, but with this game i feel like im running on hampster wheel kinetic energy. if i am casually walking (not sprinting) and a enemy happens to turn the corner, i will lose that fight 9 times out of 10. nomatter the gun or hitmarkers i get, if i dropshot or sway left / right, they just seem to get the kill in 2-3 hitmarkers. if i see somebody turning a corner (back facing me) i will start shooting, they will turn around after recieving 5 hitmarkers and kill me with like 1-2.. its moments like this that make me rage quit, i end up leaving more lobbies than i stay in.

#1 problem is the underlying default commando perk that they keep promising will be gone. everybody hates being knifed, but nothing compares to getting killed by somebody who just ate half of your clip while lunging 10 feet. all of this plus i get spawned killed on atleast 1/3 respawns, which is so unfair considering enemies always get to spawn behind me and start off with an easy kill.. however i have to work and look for my first kill, i never get one of those. i will probably end up buying skyrim today or tomorrow, 2nd prestige lvl 60 i really cant bear another level of this.

kudos to those who can enjoy + do well, after all this time spent though i just feel like i wasted weeks of my life. looking back i spent more time frusterated with the game than excited. i did get my first AC-130 this weekend tho, suckaas mission accomplished:p.

Campers.

I've been called a camper a couple of times, but there is a difference between hearing someone coming and not being an idiot and running straight into their line of sight and just sitting round a corner for the whole game waiting for people to walk by.

If I hear someone coming, I'll usually hide and kill them when they pass me, then proceed on my merry way. That's not camping, it's just being sensible.

Also, people who play objective based games but don't attempt to complete the objectives. I hate how the scorecard only shows kills and deaths. In domination, it should show captures at least. The amount of people in kill confirmed who don't collect tags is irritating as well.

Treyarch had it right with Captures and Defends on the scoreboard for Objective games.

Even the grid reference on the map was good, but IW are so far up they're own arses you can't expect them to keep any of Treyarchs ideas in.

Say what you want about Treyarch, at least they tried to make a different game with Blops and brought fresh ideas in.

It's the small details that are starting to annoy me. I'm still trying to find intel and mop up campaign achievements and i've noticed another two faults.

You can't knife an enemy if you are part way through reloading. I'm fairly sure in Black ops and MW2 clicking the right stick during a reload animation meant you could kinfe but then had to restart the reload. So many times i've been beaten to death with the other end of an AK because i've been stuck reloading.

Grenades are weak as against enemies, but deadly to you??????? Trying to unlock the 5 kills with one grenade achievement and i'm tossing the grenade into groups on enemies and only killing 1 or 2. I even watched one guy standing a few feet from the grenade when it exploded, and all he did was stumble and yet if a grenade lands on the opposite side of the room from me i still manage to end up dead??????