Achievement Guide

yuyanami

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it looks like most of them if not all but the AI one can be done with a partner over LIVE? I am picking up the game tomorrow and want to go through it like I did with Gears on LIVE with my brother... some of the best times I have ever had going for points. So this is confirmed.. that the single player achievements can all (but the one) be obtained by playing with a friend?

So it looks like most of them if not all but the AI one can be done with a partner over LIVE? I am picking up the game tomorrow and want to go through it like I did with Gears on LIVE with my brother... some of the best times I have ever had going for points. So this is confirmed.. that the single player achievements can all (but the one) be obtained by playing with a friend?

I played split screen with my kid and we both unlocked the same achievement for reviving your partner. (At different times of course)

Dead Man's Hand 20

Kill 150 enemies total using Handguns.

See 'Seven-six-two Millimeter'

One Shot. One Kill. 20

Kill 100 enemies total using Sniper Rifles.

This is my Boom Stick! 20

Kill 250 enemies total using Shotguns.

Spray and Pray 20

Kill 250 enemies total using Machine Guns.

Alright, Who Wants Some? 20

Kill 250 enemies total using SMGs.

Big Boom! Big Bada Boom! 20

Kill 25 enemies total using RPGs.

Seven-six-two Millimeter 20

Kill 250 enemies total using Assault Rifles.

These achievements will be earned throughtout the course of the game if you take out a majority of the enemies. Switch to another Primary/Secondary weapon once you've gotten it so that you can start raking up kills for another gun. Kills online also count towards these achievements (whether be it AI or player kills).

For the Assault Rifle, Handguns and Sniper Rifles achievements, a good place to get them is the final training area of the first mission (Somalia). Ask your partner to advance ahead, he will then stop cause there's a proximity mine ahead. Throw a grenade beside him and he will run forward and be injured by the mine. Drag him around the corner and kill the guards that keep spawning. You have unlimited ammo and invulnerability. There will be 120 guards spawning 2 by 2 behind the fence so take them out at your leisure with one of the 3 guns. (This is cause you are stuck with stock weapons for the entire 1st mission). Your AI partner will not die while you are doing this.

You can also get the Submachine gun achivement in the last area in training. Swop your secondary weapon with Rios to get a submachine weapon and do the steps outlined in the paragraph above. Do this twice and you will get the achievement.

*Thanks and credit to m00n22 for this tip

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me out with these. Im not exactly sure what category each weapon falls under, so if someone could post a couple of weapons for each that would be awesome. Sniper is pretty obvious, but the smg, assault rifles and machine guns are all kinda similar, and I dont want to be using the same type of weapon when going for a new achievement.

Im gonna guess that the P90 is a SMG, the ak47 is an assault gun and guns with a lot of rounds are machine guns?

Nice guide, its really helped me out.

I realise this may be a double post, but I felt that they should be seperate. Very useful tip for online achievements:

Go into the "Versus Mode" and Hit "Y" until it shows "Ranked Match"

From here invite 3 friends, and bring yourselves into a room. From here you can work an any achievement you guys want, basically boosting, but dont forget about the certain requirements and the enemy NPCs.

Good to go, Maka.

Assault Rifles:

H&K G36C

AK-47

"S-System" (the M4A1, for God's sake)

AUG

SMGs:

MP5K

P90

MP7A1

Skorpion

Machine Guns:

M249 SAW

PKM

M139 (or whatever the mini-gun is called)

Shotguns:

FSPS-12

M3 Super 90

DAO-X

RPGs:

The RPG (yeah)

The Stinger

Note:

While the Big Boom! Big Bada Boom! achievement says "Get 25 RPG kills", you don't have to actually use the RPG for all 25. The Stinger counts as well.

I'm also pretty sure I left out a weapon or two because I don't have access to the full list right now and am just going off memory.

Thanks for that weapons list, I assumed those were the basic categories.

I have a question about Overkill mode. I can barely ever activate it for stealth or agressive. When I play with my son, I can get it by hanging back and going into stealth overkill, but there are almost no enemies left by then. For aggro overkill, likewise by the time I get it, the enemies are mostly dead. When I play with the AI, I definately can't get either to happen.

Any good spots for using these for those two achievements?? (I have not played Miami or the Carrier missions yet)

Surviving The Game 25

Complete a ranked match without ever needing to be revived.

This one's a little tricky. Both you and your partner needs to stay alive for an entire ranked match to get this. One player dies and both do not get it. Set the time to 10 minute and focus on not dying. If you know the opposing team players it will be easier to arrange a truce. Watch out for the AI running amok and sometimes just spawning right behind you and you should be fine.

Actually it does NOT matter if your teammate dies, just make sure YOU don't die and it will unlock.

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me out with these. Im not exactly sure what category each weapon falls under, so if someone could post a couple of weapons for each that would be awesome. Sniper is pretty obvious, but the smg, assault rifles and machine guns are all kinda similar, and I dont want to be using the same type of weapon when going for a new achievement.

Im gonna guess that the P90 is a SMG, the ak47 is an assault gun and guns with a lot of rounds are machine guns?

Nice guide, its really helped me out.

Machine guns :

M249 Saw (best in my opinion)

PKM

M134 (very inaccurate)

Yes. But he will have to host every time you play (obwiesly :D).

he has to host everytime? why? cant another one of my friends who has professional unlocked host?

also how do you know I will get the achieve, can you confirm it in neway? cuz i herd u cudnt get it, if you havent unlocked professional, from ppl online