Serious about Seriously SG-1 & Fehhh Ultra Fast Boosting Guide

Super Geek No1

Should This Thread Get Sticky  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should This Thread Get Sticky

The answers to your first post are answered in the guide on how to do this. Doesn't matter now if its a downloaded copy or retail. All will work and doesn't matter about wired or wireless since you're not connecting to anyone else.

How much memory your video card has is also a big factor, maybe more important than amount of RAM. My video card has 1 gb of memory and it could only run 4 copies in player matches, since 6 lagged out between matches. But it could run 6 for ranked.

Thanks man! That could be it. I have and ATI Radeon HD 4200, I think it only has half a gig of memory.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man! That could be it. I have and ATI Radeon HD 4200, I think it only has half a gig of memory.

No offence but that graphic card isn't strong I know as I have the 4350 HD which I'm finally change this week. For you I would say 3 max so if you do have a friend that could run 3 or more then you're set good luck

p.s Thanx McDurbin for answering the rest

No offence but that graphic card isn't strong I know as I have the 4350 HD which I'm finally change this week. For you I would say 3 max so if you do have a friend that could run 3 or more then you're set good luck

p.s Thanx McDurbin for answering the rest

None taken bro. I'm not a PC gamer. The only game I play on the PC is Fallout 3 and the Civ games. I just got GoW to try and 100% it before GoW 3.

None taken bro. I'm not a PC gamer. The only game I play on the PC is Fallout 3 and the Civ games. I just got GoW to try and 100% it before GoW 3.

Kool well dude for me it started with just GOW and now im doing almost all gfwl games but wish you luck with GOW hope it works out

Lol, same here. But I knew I was gonna try and do alot of pc games so I when I was picking out parts for my pc, since I was going to build it myself, I made sure I got stuff that was well ahead of what any game requires so I wouldn't have to upgrade anytime soon.

Yeah when to the site you gave me the link to no int. shipping and even if they did it would cost a lot for I just buy parts to make an ultimate machine

I'll keep you posted

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to jump in and say thanks for the guide.

It's a big help, got all the cheevos on all the Xbox Gears games, so wanting to mop up on this version before Gears Judgment is out.

I am just doing Public matches currently so I can change the weapons to what I need for the weapon achievements. There seems to be no way to track progress though. ** Does Private count as Public match as well for achievements?

I keep having people join and moan at the AFK players, if I can do it Private and get the weapon cheevos and Not So Seriously, then I will switch to that to save some player grief.

Please confirm this is correct --my setup:

2 players (1 is my main profile) vs. 3 players - using your multiple account tip.

Is 2 players vs 3 players fine for achievements? I know it needs to be at least 3v3 for Ranked, is 2 v 3 fine for Public cheevos?

I am currently doing Warzone, 3 rounds and just getting Boomshot kills, then need Torque Bow and Hammer of Dawn.

Once weapon kills are done I'll switch then to your tip for Annex/KOTH.

Just wanted to jump in and say thanks for the guide.

It's a big help, got all the cheevos on all the Xbox Gears games, so wanting to mop up on this version before Gears Judgment is out.

I am just doing Public matches currently so I can change the weapons to what I need for the weapon achievements. There seems to be no way to track progress though. ** Does Private count as Public match as well for achievements?

I keep having people join and moan at the AFK players, if I can do it Private and get the weapon cheevos and Not So Seriously, then I will switch to that to save some player grief.

Please confirm this is correct --my setup:

2 players (1 is my main profile) vs. 3 players - using your multiple account tip.

Is 2 players vs 3 players fine for achievements? I know it needs to be at least 3v3 for Ranked, is 2 v 3 fine for Public cheevos?

I am currently doing Warzone, 3 rounds and just getting Boomshot kills, then need Torque Bow and Hammer of Dawn.

Once weapon kills are done I'll switch then to your tip for Annex/KOTH.

Actually reading the original post answers all of your questions.;)

Now the setting I'm going to tell you was the easiest game type we could find. Host a rank match either KOTH (King Of The Hill) or Annex, Three rounds, 120 capture points and most importantly select the map to Fuel Depot. When the game has loaded up the lobby screen switch users and search for the game you are hosting (do this accordingly with all accounts). Switch back to your main account and start game.

24/07/11:

Please make sure you have 6 players/bots in a public(ranked) match for the kills to count towards Seriously. If a player/bot lags out for what ever reason if less then 6 players/bots capture the objective and end the game then start it back up with 6 players/bots. If you have more than 6 players/bots to start with then it doesn't matter if one ore two lag out as long as it doesn't go past 6 players/bots. For Not So Seriously doesn't matter how many players you have and it can be done in a private match, this is to clear up all questions people are asking one more thing GOW PC isn't like GOW Xbox 360 once you hit 10k on the dot Seriously will pop once the match has ended

Actually reading the original post answers all of your questions.;)

Ah yes, well, I did read through but must have got caught up and paid attention more to the Windows User Accounts than the rest.

Has anyone actually stuck to doing the weapon achievements in Private matches? I know it says it can be done, but even so, it would be a bit of a waste to do hundreds of matches and then later find it might not work after all.

I'll probably stick with Public Live for now just to be extra cautious.

Also, I think I have been wasting my time on weapon kills, and sticking to one weapon per match for the 3 rounds. It sounds a bit different to Xbox version, but if I understand it correctly for the weapon achievements - all that is required is at least 1 weapon kill per match? For example, I could do 100 matches, and in each of those get at least 1 kill with the Torque Bow, Boomshot, and Hammer of Dawn, and will get all the weapon achievements over the course of those 100 matches.

I think that's right anyway, and I'm sure that's probably covered in another post.

Edited by Waynimus

I can't remember how many rounds I did it for but I was killing four dummies and was able to get one kill with each weapon in the match and did it in private. I unlocked all of the weapon achievements at the same time.

That sounds good. I was doing 2 v. 3, but am now doing 1 v. 1.

I figured if each match is 3 rounds and I need 3 specific weapon kills, I could get away with just for example, Round 1 = Torque Bow kill, Round 2 = Boomshot kill, Round 3 = HoD kill.

That should work, right? I am hoping that it just looks at the overall match, which if that's what it does then it should work. Hoping you don't have to get the same weapon kill for every round.

The Boomshot achievement unlocked last night; was doing public, 1 v. 1, and only got a Boom kill in 1 of the rounds, so it looks like it counts then.

Will continue doing that and just score at least 1 Torque and 1 Hammer of Dawn kill in each match. I'll change it up to Private though instead as people are getting annoyed of being booted out of my public matches (there's never usually so many people playing!)

My concern later will be for Ranked, I had a little experiment with the user accounts, I could manage 2 vs. 3, if 3 vs. 3 then it seemed to have issues.

Once I mop up these other cheevos I'll give it another try, if still no joy, then I do have a backup plan, I can use my Bro's laptop and install the game disc to his PC for an extra player. I am using Daemon tools on my own computer.

I have now scored the Torque Bow achievement, which now leaves the Hammer of Dawn as the last weapon achievement to unlock.

I tried doing 2 v. 3 for the Hammer of Dawn achievement, as firgured a kill with that weapon pretty much wipes out the whole team at spawn, so it's a nice boost to Not So Seriously for the 20 or so matches I need.

However, I have an issue; it's likely down to my system spec no doubt, but is there anything that can be done, any process to end in task manager that might not be needed etc., just something to allow a few more players without them dropping out? I'd ideally like to be able to stretch to 3 v. 3 for Ranked play at least.

The game starts rather unstably, but becomes playable after a few seconds, the issue is after the match as it loads into the lobby, 2 or so of the players drop out from the game.

I have now scored the Torque Bow achievement, which now leaves the Hammer of Dawn as the last weapon achievement to unlock.

I tried doing 2 v. 3 for the Hammer of Dawn achievement, as firgured a kill with that weapon pretty much wipes out the whole team at spawn, so it's a nice boost to Not So Seriously for the 20 or so matches I need.

However, I have an issue; it's likely down to my system spec no doubt, but is there anything that can be done, any process to end in task manager that might not be needed etc., just something to allow a few more players without them dropping out? I'd ideally like to be able to stretch to 3 v. 3 for Ranked play at least.

The game starts rather unstably, but becomes playable after a few seconds, the issue is after the match as it loads into the lobby, 2 or so of the players drop out from the game.

What's your PC specs?

What's your PC specs?

It's pretty dated now but has lasted me well.

Q6600 Quad 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 512MB GeForce GPU.

Built this system for and shortly after Gears PC released. There is some room to overclock but I haven't even yet bothered looking into that. Although it's not everyday I try running the same game more than once simultaneously!

One solution I did think of and did in fact try in Player match recently was;.. 2 vs 3, start the match, it's a bit all over the place, hit Alt+Tab, Switch User, and then disconnected and log off the extra player on my team, thus making it 1 vs 3.

The player disconnections only happen during the loading screen after match end. So I can do the long 1 round KOTH as suggested in this guide, start the match, then when everyone spawns in, just remove the players on my team, thus making it playable.

I want to try and do that in a 3 v. 3 situation, I am hoping it works.

Do you know if it affects achievements if players leave the game? I am thinking Player match (Not So Serious) will likely be fine, but what about Ranked which requires min. 3 vs 3? Once the the Ranked game starts that should be the Ranked Seriously requirement fulfilled I would assume, thus leaving me free to remove players and play a long ass round for a few hundred kills until boredom kicks in.

Do you forsee any problem here Seriously & Not So Serious wise in the removal of players? Thanks for the help thus far btw! :)

Edited by Waynimus

I don't think you'll be able to do 3v3 since it drops out on 2v3. I have a nvidia geforce gtx 460 and a intel i7 2.9Ghz and it lagged for about 30 seconds at the beginning of the match.

Yeah, it does drop players out, but it doesn't do that until the match ends. It would be unplayable for me on 3 v. 3. What I was trying to ask was...

If I start a 3v3 Ranked, get the game to start and everyone to spawn in, then manually myself Log Off and remove the other Windows users on my team - making it a 1 v. 3 - would the kills I obtain then throughout that Ranked match still count towards Seriously?

Ok, I just spent a good 1hr 40mins killing 3 dummies as suggested in the original post.

I am wondering if the kills have counted towards Seriously or not though. I started the match with 3v3 players. Upon the game starting I minimized the game and removed the 2 players from my team (to make it playable), thus making it 1v3 -- me versus 3 dummies in Ranked.

I got exactly 806 kills after 1h 40min session, captured the hill in Annex to end the game. I was satisfied it had worked, that is until I checked the Versus Leaderboard (Annex; All Time) and my kills in Annex DID NOT go up at all from that match.

Is it possible it has still counted towards Seriously, and maybe just Gears PC practically being dead, the Leaderboards may just not get updated anymore -- or so I am hoping.

Anyone know for sure either way?

Ok, I just spent a good 1hr 40mins killing 3 dummies as suggested in the original post.

I am wondering if the kills have counted towards Seriously or not though. I started the match with 3v3 players. Upon the game starting I minimized the game and removed the 2 players from my team (to make it playable), thus making it 1v3 -- me versus 3 dummies in Ranked.

I got exactly 806 kills after 1h 40min session, captured the hill in Annex to end the game. I was satisfied it had worked, that is until I checked the Versus Leaderboard (Annex; All Time) and my kills in Annex DID NOT go up at all from that match.

Is it possible it has still counted towards Seriously, and maybe just Gears PC practically being dead, the Leaderboards may just not get updated anymore -- or so I am hoping.

If you are doing Not So Seriously then you can do 2v3 and so on. But for ranked it must be 3v3 minimum and a minimum of 3 rounds. It's in the description

Maybe it's just me, I've read the original post ..and most of the other posts and I am considering getting gears for PC ..but I would like to clerify.

So.. We DONT need to be on Ranked matches to get the MP achievements for PC? Becuase xbox version we obviously do,

and Annex works for achievments on pc aswell, becuase xbox.. is doesnt either.

Questions may be stupid, but they are legit :p

Thanks

If you are doing Not So Seriously then you can do 2v3 and so on. But for ranked it must be 3v3 minimum and a minimum of 3 rounds. It's in the description

Right, got it. I'll focus on Not So Serious for now, so player count is irrelevant for that, I can get away with doing Private 1v3, and drop a player out on my team to achieve that 1 vs 3? I'll just assume that's a yes.

You did however confuse me on Seriously/Ranked. I think perhaps the game being old that you may be mistaken on this instance, please clarify though if you believe you are still correct. So it has to be at least 3v3 throughout in Ranked no matter what for the kills to count. The bit that confused me though is you said it has to be at least 3 rounds as well. -- I think the rounds only applied to weapon achievements, there's no mention in Seriously description about number of rounds.

Obviously if I can hold the players for Seriously and figure something out for that, then I'd like to just do 1 huge round as per your guide for Annex, get as many kills as possible before boredom kicks in and end that 1 round and the entire match by capping the hill. To clarify, 1-round match, at least 3v3, is perfectly acceptable for Seriously/Ranked requirements?

Maybe it's just me, I've read the original post ..and most of the other posts and I am considering getting gears for PC ..but I would like to clerify.

So.. We DONT need to be on Ranked matches to get the MP achievements for PC? Becuase xbox version we obviously do,

and Annex works for achievments on pc aswell, becuase xbox.. is doesnt either.

Questions may be stupid, but they are legit :p

Thanks

On PC the weapon kills can be done in whatever, Ranked, Player, Private etc., just it must be a minimum of 3 rounds per match. Only 1 weapon kill per match will count as a +1, so 3 rounds you could have custom weapon locations and focus on 3 weapons, one different weapon kill for each round if you like.

I believe Annex/KOTH work on PC simply because they're modes that launched with the game, where as on Xbox Annex was later added as a free add-on.

Edited by Waynimus

Seriously is ranked the minimum requirement for the kills to count is 3v3, with 3 rounds minimum on a ranked server. If a player drops out for any reason the kills will not count after that player dropped out if it is less than 3v3.

http://raptr.com/badge/SGC/fs_696ed48cca0728d4680693532ab55022.png

http://raptr.com/badge/SGC/fs_xbox.png