Screwed up hit percentages?

shinobigarth

Could it be that you reloaded after missing the shot and did not move to a differenet position before retrying?

If yes, please keep in mind that this was a useless atempt since the hit calculation was already done at that time and won't change when reloading unless you move to different postion.

You could have reloaded a 100 times and wouldn't have hit a single time...

if i buy the game, i should be able to play it however i want. if i want to keep reloading to make every shot count, i should be able to. since reloading takes annoyingly long, i usually dont.

i only do it in certain circumstances, like on the hostage saving missions where i need to take down an enemy or else next turn he'll kill the civilian, or in order to save a severely wounded teammate who's gonna be killed next turn unless i kill the enemy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh man, I would abuse the @#$% out of savegames in the original xcom. I'm so glad they made the reloading thing the way they did this time around, so I don't feel the compulsive need to reload after every missed shot (there, I admit it). But at least in the original xcom, all of my soldiers were hitting 1.00 over their entire careers :eek: Yeah it kind of ruined the game, or maybe it was my OCD ruining it :)

Not for nothing, but I find the hit percentages to be very wonky in this game. I've played for several hours and I find that my squad will all miss a shot with 50% to hit or above in a given turn.

For those keeping score, the odds of all six guys missing is about 1.5% (roughly). Yet this happens all the time for me -- and I do mean all the time. And that's with 50% to hit! I've had similar cases where I've had over 70% and no one can land a shot.

It's not impossible for this to be the case, but the odds are vanishingly small. Since I've heard similar criticisms from friends it seems clear to me that the number the game gives you is not accurate. Not even close, in fact. This is one of the many factors that causes this game to frustrate the bejeesus out of me.