The Mile High guide/Discussion

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the guide. I got the Mile High Club Achievement, but the link to the video at the bottom of the post helped me the most. (The first time I got to the ending I shot the civilian!!!:mad::mad::mad:(But it's fine because I got it after about 15 more tries:woop:))

Heres a mile high club video guide for it that I made. Was gonna make a new thead for it but decided just to post it in here.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBFawDIFmMY]YouTube - Mile High Club Achievement Tutorial[/ame]

I hope it helps. Yes I know it has been done too many times but have been asked to do it a few times on youtube.

I find this impossible on my xbox...in the videos(watch literally over 20 different ones) and for some reason the videos make it seem so easy, but the thing is i'm doing every thing they are and when they do but i always seem to get popped by someone they flashed, but i flashed them too but they seem invulnerable to it...how is this!? this is the one achievement that i wish i could get, but i'm cursed :confused:

Guys im sorry to say this but you actually have to enjoy the mile high club mission to get it done faster. Before doing mile high club i watched that youtube video about 200 times literally. I thought this as a challenge and started getting pumped because all my mates couldn't do it, It took me 20 minutes to do. Seriously though it may sound stupid but try and enjoy it, I guarantee it will help.

I actually found it much easier to complete if after clearing the first room, chuck a flash in the left door (2cd room) and follow it through run up to the flipped table (wood thing) and lay down behind it. Your guys will immediatly rush the room and kill everyone and stop the 2cd wave of guys from spawning.

(ignore how this guy starts, but the same method he uses to enter the second room, but bouncing the flash bang and entering through the left door, straight to the wood : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHOu74htG3k]YouTube - Call of Duty 4 : Epilogue On Veteran With Pistol[/ame] )

Why is my squad so useless? After 4 million attempts at this level, I have the enemy locations and flash spots down, but I'm constantly killed by enemies behind me. Are there any spots where I should wait a second or two so my team catches up?

EDIT:Hell Yeah, finally!!! Well my team finally stepped up their game and I now have 1000 GS in this game. Once the side of the plane blew out, they actually ran in front of me, helping me alot. Here's what I did, hope it helps someone:

1-Ran to bathroom guy aiming head-high & killed him with a quick shot. This dude had to go because he killed me 80% of the time(99% if I tried the right hallway).

2-Headshot shotty guy in door, then sprinted into left room and flashed the popular spot. Swapped for shotty(luckily had 5 shots, one of which killed 3 guys) & went around right side of seats, but then crossed to the left door so I could crouch behind the next rooms seats. Looked back where I came from and blasted 2 stragglers(my squad sucks)

3-Flashed over seats then sprinted and dropped down next to low wall for a reload. Then guess what? My team actually sprinted ahead, took out most of the stair squad, and began killing the top floor.

4-From top of stairs, I flashed the left door but went right, killing as I went. In next room I hugged the right for a reload, but then I saw my time left and said F it.

5-Last flash down the hall caught them all so I sprinted past(actually my adrenaline made me blast one guy, but I definitely didn't need to). Luck was with me again because the last turn only had one enemy who ate a little buckshot. Holy crap, this is my first time running to these white doors...............

6-Finally switched to pistol, aimed towards the left side, and waited for the terrorists movement. It came, I fired twice, first shot splattered his brains.

Thanks to all those who posted in this thread with tips and strategy. I had to piece a bunch of different ones together, as well as my own, so that on my one lucky run, it all came together. Two things for the second step though- I had alot of luck throwing a second flash immediately after the first. It helped blind the whole room as well as the two flanking the rear doors. Just pick up the extra flashes available. The other thing is that when I ran into the blowout room and crouched behind the seats, I HAD to turn around and kill the guys behind me. My team NEVER got them in time like I've seen in many vids. Good luck to everybody still going for this.

hey guys, i managed to do this level on Veteran last night so thought id post a guide explaining the way i did it-whilst i was doing this level i thought it was pretty much down to luck, and in some places i guess it really is but this method seemed to work VERY well, for me anyways..lol

one thing about this level youve probably realised, is your team-mates are useless-BUT, you definately need them to do this level so you need to try and keep then with you as much as possible (only problem is they are f*cking useless at keeping up lol)

all i can say is be patient and keep trying and you will get it, i spent like 2 hours trying it and getting stressed then i had a break, had some food n watched abit of footy, went back to it and within an hour id done it..

this may sound crazy, but once you do it you realise it really isnt that hard, its just a case of getting into a routine of what to do and in some points i was actually going into 'auto-pilot'

after completing i even went back to it and tried again just to see if i could do it again and the on the third try i got it AGAIN, then i had another 5-6 goes using the same method and did it AGAIN-i shit you not lol

i guess thats why im posting really, because i feel this should at least help anyone whos having trouble with this level on Veteran, sorry for the rant too-ive tried to be as detailed as i can but any questions just give me a shout-and GOOD LUCK!!

Mile High Club-Veteran:

*switch to pistol

*knife lord poopalot in the toilet (if you hold left/right on the left analog while you click the right analog in it should 'swipe' rather than 'stab')

*proceed down the left shooting guy in front, throw flashbang into back of room ahead, cover behind wall on left, crouch and switch to MP5

*proceed through room whilst crouched taking left route using MP5 to clear anyone in your path (your guys should clear anyone on the right of the room)

*once you enter the next room throw another flash into the centre and get cover behind the seats on the left and reload your MP5 (hopefully your guys will enter while you are reloading and start to take out the terrorists)

*once reloaded, move forward again killing anyone in your path moving up to the wooden thing on the left, then concentrate your fire towards the back set of chairs in the centre and the stairs where more terrorists will enter

*once clear reload again whilst proceeding up the stairs (you should have between 25-30 seconds left here) and throw a flashbang into the left entrance of the next room

*proceed through left entrance killing any terrorists you see (your guys should clear the right of the room again) and also there will be 2-3 behind the wooden wall in the middle which you can shoot through the wall and move through (be careful, sometimes another will come in and/or hide behind the wooden wall)

*once in the next room reload again and collect the flashbangs on the table in front of you, move back abit and throw one as close to the middle of the long bit of the room as you can

*now go through that last part quickly killing anyone in your path (ignore the rest as you need to conserve ammo and they should be blinded by the flash) and when you get to the end of it turn left and there will be 2 guys coming round there so use your last bit of ammo to kill them (i killed one and only wounded the other the first time i did this as i ran out of ammo but thats fine as you now can sprint to the final doors)

*now all thats left is the dreaded headshot, like many others have said youre best to wait until theres around 1 second left (its in slo-mo anyways so its really 2 seconds-plenty of time) and youll get a nice clear shot-if you get it right youll see blood splatter everywere

*just dont jump around celebrating too much coz you just need to get your guy out the plane door and then THAT IS IT! you are now a member of the mile high club and youll never have to play that damn level again!

hope this helps, and again GOOD LUCK! :D