So what happens when the Next Xbox comes out??

SpideR NY

Gamerscore is tied to your Gamertag, not the console. Hence gamerscore on WP7, GFWL and 360. Your Gamerscore will carry through to the next generation console. Unless they do away with it completely, but the sub culture spawned from GS and then PS Trophies is so large it would be fallacy to do it.

Edited by CouchOrnament

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamerscore is tied to your Gamertag, not the console. Hence gamerscore on WP7, GFWL and 360. Your Gamerscore will carry through to the next generation console. Unless they do away with it completely, but the sub culture spawned from GS and then PS Trophies is so large it would fallacy to do it.

This. Not sure how people can't comprehend this.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly I don't think that gamerscore should carry over to the new xbox. I mean think about it.

What happens to the person that just bought the new xbox who didn't have an xbox 360. Someone like Stallion is going to have a million points, and they're gonna have 0. That's just not fair.

So I kind of agree with spider Ny's idea. They should give you like a 10% bonus towards your xbox 720 gamerscore. Even though they probably will never do that..

The reason everyone wants their score to carry over is because they worked so hard at obtaining it. But to be honest its not that bad to start at 0 again. I just made a new account after taking a break from gaming for a couple of years. It sucks though to go from 66000 to 755 :p

Edit: Oh and by the way, is there an article or something stating that gamerscore will carry over to the next system?

Edit 2: Nevermind, found the article. But it's just a rumor.

Edited by DFILL450

You MUST be able to play 360 games on the new Xbox, and I really hope that you will be able to transfer your profile and gamerscore.

Don't hold your breath on that one. M$ have said they want the X720 to be cheaper than the X360. Hardware enabled backwards compatibility adds to the cost; expect a few games to run under software emulation and that's all.

This. Not sure how people can't comprehend this.

Indeed. It would be madness to discard the GS earned to date.

Honestly I don't think that gamerscore should carry over to the new xbox. I mean think about it.

What happens to the person that just bought the new xbox who didn't have an xbox 360. Someone like Stallion is going to have a million points, and they're gonna have 0. That's just not fair.

So I kind of agree with spider Ny's idea. They should give you like a 10% bonus towards your xbox 720 gamerscore. Even though they probably will never do that..

The reason everyone wants their score to carry over is because they worked so hard at obtaining it. But to be honest its not that bad to start at 0 again. I just made a new account after taking a break from gaming for a couple of years. It sucks though to go from 66000 to 755 :p

Edit: Oh and by the way, is there an article or something stating that gamerscore will carry over to the next system?

Umm...what is "unfair" about it? ACHIEVEMENTS AREN'T REAL LIFE.

How would it not be fair? That is like saying that because someone bought a 360 last week we should all have to reset our scores. It wouldn't be fair to those who have worked hard to have it reset, because Joe Blow decided next generation to buy an Xbox instead of a Nintendo Pi R2.

No, they won't. They will give you 100%

The reason everyone wants their score to carry over is because they worked so hard at obtaining it.

You think? What would be the point in earning it, if you didn't get to keep it.

But to be honest its not that bad to start at 0 again. I just made a new account after taking a break from gaming for a couple of years. It sucks though to go from 66000 to 755 :p

You may not think so. But taking 2 years off may make you care less for your previous score. I can bet dollars to pesos that 99.9% of people here would flip their lids if they got reset for no reason other than making new user "Mike", from PSN more comfortable in earning score.

The score is tied to your GAMERTAG (not the console). This isn't rumour, it is FACT. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to play on 3 platforms and earn gamerscore on ONE gamertag. So unless they get rid of Gamerscore altogether, it will carry over or have serious fallout. MS isn't that stupid.

This thread makes me feel like an old man...

"In my day...we didn't HAVE gamerscore...hell, we didn't even have a hard-drive!"

lol

lol... How about.

"In my day.... we only had 8bit games on big clunky ROM's, no saves or level codes, box art looked like this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/Pitfall%21_Coverart.png and there was only 1 goddamn button on my JOYSTICK!!!!!!"

lol... How about.

"In my day.... we only had 8bit games on big clunky ROM's, no saves or level codes, box art looked like this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/Pitfall%21_Coverart.png and there was only 1 goddamn button on my JOYSTICK!!!!!!"

haha...funny thing is, I was referencing mainly the original XBox.

Yet most of these kiddies were in diapers when the first XBox came out.

Gamerscore will totally carry over. It wouldn't make any sense for it not to. Espesially if Microsoft does a better job with backwards compatibility for the xbox 360 games than it did for the xbox originals.

The main reason for the lack of backwards compatability between the 360 and original box was because it all had to be done via an emulator because the GPU was made by an entirely different company.

I have an idea of what they should do (but doubt they will). I think they should give you a 1 time lump sum of achievement points from this gen towards your score on the Xbox 720 or whatever. I think like 10%. It's not a big enough number to totally mess up next gen scores, but gives their repeat customers a bonus. So we are clear, I have like 48,000 gamer score, so I would have a bonus 4,800 on the next Xbox.

What do you think?

Any other ideas?

Would you not move to next gen to keep getting more points for this gen if no points moved over?

Has Microsoft said anything about this?

Don't mean to be a prick but that's really stupid.

lol... How about.

In my day we didn't have colour and hi-res graphics was being able to switch from 40 ASCII characters per column to 80 ASCII characters per column.

As for joysticks... they were only compatible with the magazine collection you hid from your parents...

I think people should just stop posting about the new xbox... not aiming this at you but in general. No one knows anything about the next console, it won't be called a '720', and Microsoft wouldn't give you any gamerscore if they decided to start afresh.

Just play your xbox and stop worrying about whats coming out next, because whatever it is, you wont see it for a long time. And I can imagine as soon as the new console comes out the board will be bombed with posts asking what you think will be on the next console. What's the point? Wait for it to be announced.

• 8 months later...