GTA Online Platinum Awards

xhunterrrr

This is the answer I was looking for... But how do I access them?

I thought this might be the case but I have tried all directional buttons and sticks and the left and right bumpers but couldn't find out how to switch the pages?

Forgive me if it's something obvious but I honestly can't find it :confused:

First go into Awards (press A), then go to the category you want, General in this case, then press A again to go to the awards themselves. Now you can scroll through each award instead of just viewing the screen of page 1.

Hopefully this makes sense.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the excellent list! :D

I'll throw it into that last reserved post as soon as my computer finishes installing OS X Mavericks. Way too hard to format something like this list on my phone.

Actually I was thinking that it'd also be very beneficial to people to include along with that list an efficient grouping of awards, to know which ones to do at once, instead of doing a couple awards and then seeing another one and thinking "damn, I should have done this one back when I was doing that one!"

So here's what I was thinking: (note that I didn't include all of the awards on my list, only the ones that can be grouped with others to do at the same time)

1. Solo Freeroam

25 haircuts

25 outfits

every mod

private dances

hold up 20 stores

no claims bonus

Simply acquire these at your leisure in freeroam, when you have enough money.

2. Solo Race - Downtown Underground - GTA Race - Super Cars - One Lap - Traffic On - Wanted Level Off

300ft Jumps

Blow Up Cars

Steal Cars

Host this job solo, use rockets to blow up traffic cars during your races, and get the boost before the stunt jump. Each race will get you one of the 25 jumps, and a handful of blown up cars. When you're done with the 25 jumps, use respawning rockets to blow up cars and farm them. You can also get out of your car to steal cars stopped at traffic lights and don't have to worry about wanted level for either.

3. 2-Player Race - Criminal Records - GTA Race - Custom On - 2 Laps - Wanted Level Off - Traffic Off - Split Times Personal

Race Wins

GTA Race Wins

Win a Race with a Custom vehicle

Road Rage

Penetrate From Behind

Betting Wins

World Record

Fastest Lap

Host this job with a friend and set it to two laps. Alternate wins. GTA Race wins also count toward the Race Wins, so do both together. The winner will bet max on himself, the loser with bet min on himself. The winner will be in second place after the first lap, then pass the loser on the second. Also each person will take one turn using rockets to blow up the opponent 3 times before you win to unlock Road Rage. Do this until Penetrate from behind is complete. From then on, the winner will win both laps. Your second lap should be much faster than the first, and will get you Fastest Lap and most likely World Record if you keep at it. You should be close to platinum on betting wins by the time you get your 50 race wins. When you finish, you should have earned plenty of money to use for the medals in section 1 above.

4. 2-Player Tennis - 5 Sets

25 Aces in Tennis

Win a 5 set match

Win with straight sets

Host the match and have one player win every game and every set. This will take 15 minutes per 5-set match. You need to win 3 sets, and 6 games per set. The winner will get an ace on every serve. When the loser is serving, return the serve and score a point there. You'll have to play through two 5-set matches, but you'll both easily get your 25 aces by the time you're done, and you'll both have all three platinums.

5. 2-Player Deathmatch - Morgue - Max Time Limit - Max Kill Limit

500 Headshots

500 Pistol Kills

3-For-1

Streaker

Deathmatch Kills

Killstreaker

Equalizer

Tattoo every body part

These aren't on my list, but if you wanted to boost medals in deathmatch, this is how I would set it up: 2 players, smallest map possible. Every kill should be a pistol headshot. First one player will kill the other 10 tens, then switch and repeat. Now take turns killing each other 3 times in a row, then switching. Three kills in a row gives you 3-to-1, and killing someone after they killed you three times gives you Equalizer. By the time you reach 500 headshots/pistol kills, you'll have gotten the other 5 platinums. I included Tattoo every body part because 500 headshots is required to unlock the head tattoo, which then allows you to get this easy (yet expensive) platinum medal. Naturally, instead of pistol kills, you can do it with whichever weapon type you want, but stick with one for 500 kills and 500 headshots.

That's a relatively simple 28 platinums right there. That's not including other easy ones on my list that can be done solo or quickly boosted with another person.

Edited by Necrophage33

4. 2-Player Tennis - 5 Sets

25 Aces in Tennis

Win a 5 set match

Win with straight sets

Host the match and have one player win every game and every set. This will take 15 minutes per 5-set match. You need to win 3 sets, and 6 games per set. The winner will get an ace on every serve. When the loser is serving, return the serve and score a point there. You'll have to play through two 5-set matches, but you'll both easily get your 25 aces by the time you're done, and you'll both have all three platinums.

Hi, thanks for your work ...

I do have a question regarding Tennis ...

Win with straight sets - Does this mean you can't lose a set or do you have to win three sets in a 5 set match without losing a point (e.g. 6:0) ?

Because from my understanding you have to win a match without losing a set ... At least that is what the description says ...

If so, you can't win this award while doing the 5-set and win award ...

Is somebody here who could tell me if this is true?

Thanks in advance ...

Win with straight sets - Does this mean you can't lose a set or do you have to win three sets in a 5 set match without losing a point (e.g. 6:0) ?

Because from my understanding you have to win a match without losing a set ... At least that is what the description says ...

Thanks in advance ...

I did not do the straight sets or 5 set tennis awards, but I'm almost 100% certain your understanding is correct. For one person to get these 2 awards, you'd have to play a total of 8 sets (3 + 5). Assuming that your partner needs the awards as well, that's a total of 16 sets required ... a pretty time consuming process.

My recommendations ...

Victory

1. The Champion - win races [50] --> takes awhile, but is required to fully mod your cars
  2. In A Class Of Your Own - win a race in a custom vehicle [1] --> easy
  3. Penetrate From Behind - move from last to race winner in any race mode [20] --> should occur naturally when working on your 50 race wins
  4. The Record Holder - hold a world record in a Rockstar race [1] --> a mysterious glitch should give this too you if you do enough races
  5. Dust Maker - achieve the fastest lap in a race [25] --> should occur naturally when working on the 50 race wins
  6. Every Race - win every type of race mode at least once [1] --> relatively easy
  7. Survivor - finish waves in survival [10] --> required for an achievement
  8. Over The Top - win arm wrestling [25] --> quick to do if you have a partner to trade wins with
  9. Granny - color all the targets in a target grid match [1] --> can be done quickly
  10. All Rounder - win every game mode at least once [1] --> required for an achievement

General

1. Veteran Racer - participate in 25 different races [25] --> relatively easy; just visit each unchecked race on your map until you have tried 25 unique race types
  2. Point Break - stay in the air for over 3 minutes while parachuting [25] --> easy to do, but a bit time consuming
  3. Stayed On Target - use the brakes for accurate and safe landing (parachuting) [25] --> easy and quick to do; can be done at the same time as Point Break
  4. Birdies - sink birdies in golf [25] --> relatively quick if you are semi-good at golf
  5. Ace - serve aces in tennis [20] --> quick to do if you have a trading partner
  6. The Hustler - win bets [$50,000] --> if you have a trading partner, work on this while working on the other racin awards; eas to d if yo knw whois going to win :)
  7. Lapping It Up - private dances at the strip club [25] > easy to do; suggest inviting a stripper to your apartment to get free lap dances
  8. Crate Chaser - get to crate drops first [25] --> easy to do once you actually are able to see the crate drops
  9. Snapper Dresser - wear 25 different outfits [25] --> very easy to get
  10. Hairy Encounters - change hairstyle [25] --> easy to get; haircuts don't need to be unique

Crimes

1. When Pigs Can Fly - shoot police choppers down [25] --> suggest using a chopper and fire the missles to shoot down police choppers while working on Sky High
  2. Vehicle Thief - steal vehicles [500] --> takes awhile, but easy to do
  3. Full Metal Jacket - rob armored trucks [25] --> easy to do, but might take awhile to encounter 25 armored trucks
  4. Armed Robber - hold up every store [20] --> relatively easy and required to get an achievement

Vehicle

1. Sky High - blow up vehicles [500] --> takes awhile; suggest using a chopper's endless supply of missles to destroy police cars as you fly along highways (use lock-on ability)
  2. The Exporter - sell vehicles to the import/export garage [25] --> takes awhile, but is easy to do; suggest doing this mostly in a private or solo session
  3. No Claims Bonus - drive for 30 consecutive minutes without damage to your car [30] --> boring, but easy to do; suggest doing this on the runways of the airports
  4. Mile High Club - spend time in a helicopter [4 hours] --> easy to do, especially if you use a helicopter to grind some of the other awards; suggest rubber banding your controller to finish up the remaining time needed
  5. Suped Up - apply each type of mod to one vehicle [1] --> requires a lot of race wins and cash; otherwise, it's easy to get
  6. Airborne - land jumps over 300 feet in a road vehicle [25] --> easy to get, especially in a fast car
  7. Unirider - wheelie for over 2000 feet [1] --> easy and quick to get using the right motorcycle; suggest doing this at the airport on the long runways

Combat

1. Killstreaker - earn a 10+ killstreak in deathmatch [1] --> easy and quick to get if you have a trading partner
  2. Smoke 'Em Out - get the most kills during a gang attack [1] --> easy and quick to get
  3. Bloodiest Of The Bunch - get the most kills in a 4 player survival [1] --> if you play enough survival missions, this should come naturally

Edited by StarDreamer99

Thanks in advance ...

I wasn't paying attention and accidentally let my partner score a point here and there, but he didn't win any games. I still got the Straight Sets award. Basically you must win the match without letting your opponent get a single game. (Not letting them get a single point would be nigh impossible)

Thanks in advance ...

Don't lose a set. If you win a 5 set match without your opponent winning a set you'll get both awards, not sure why you think otherwise:confused:. The conditions would be met for both.

Straight sets in a 5 set match is winning the first 3 sets. You can win 6-0, 6-0, 6-0, or 6-5, 6-5, 6-5.

Its basically best 3 out of 5 sets, you win the first 3 and its game over since they cant win more than 2 sets to beat you. If you ace every serve, and you 'return ace' every of their serves, it takes about 30 minutes per person.

Straight sets in a 5 set match is winning the first 3 sets. You can win 6-0, 6-0, 6-0, or 6-5, 6-5, 6-5.

Its basically best 3 out of 5 sets, you win the first 3 and its game over since they cant win more than 2 sets to beat you. If you ace every serve, and you 'return ace' every of their serves, it takes about 30 minutes per person.

Thanks, for the clarification. Based on the wording, I thought winning a 5 set match meant having to win a match that actually went to 5 sets. The description said "Endurance is required for this epic battle. Win a 5 set match.". IMO, the description is quite misleading.

Thanks, for the clarification. Based on the wording, I thought winning a 5 set match meant having to win a match that actually went to 5 sets. The description said "Endurance is required for this epic battle. Win a 5 set match.". IMO, the description is quite misleading.

You're right, it's a bit misleading, at least for people who don't play Tennis ...

I do play Tennis (OK, I did when I was younger ...), and so I know that there is no way to win 5 sets in a row because if a player scores his third set the match is over. A 5 set match is only possible when every player has won 2 sets and the the fifth set will decide who wins ...

So, it's not possible to get the 5-set-match award and the Win-with-straight-sets award at the same time ...

Like StarDreamer99 said: you'd have to play a total of 8 sets for both awards ...

You're right, it's a bit misleading, at least for people who don't play Tennis ...

I do play Tennis (OK, I did when I was younger ...), and so I know that there is no way to win 5 sets in a row because if a player scores his third set the match is over. A 5 set match is only possible when every player has won 2 sets and the the fifth set will decide who wins ...

So, it's not possible to get the 5-set-match award and the Win-with-straight-sets award at the same time ...

Like StarDreamer99 said: you'd have to play a total of 8 sets for both awards ...

YES YOU CAN.

Win a 5 set match. To win that, win 3 sets.

Win in straight sets. In a 1 set match, win 1 set. In a 3 set match, win 2 sets, In a 5 set match, win 3 sets.

Get both at once. Play a 5 set match, win 3 sets (and lose 0 sets)

Only 3 sets are required.

You can even get the ACE award. Get 3 platinums in one game. Play a 5 set match, win 3 sets, lose 0 sets, every serve is an ace.

Edited by ThunderingLefty

YES YOU CAN.

Win a 5 set match. To win that, win 3 sets.

Win in straight sets. In a 1 set match, win 1 set. In a 3 set match, win 2 sets, In a 5 set match, win 3 sets.

Get both at once. Play a 5 set match, win 3 sets (and lose 0 sets)

Only 3 sets are required.

You can even get the ACE award. Get 3 platinums in one game. Play a 5 set match, win 3 sets, lose 0 sets, every serve is an ace.

You aren't playing five sets if you win three in a row, though.

Also, I can guarantee winning 1 set to win the game will not get you the straight sets award.

You aren't playing five sets if you win three in a row, though.

Also, I can guarantee winning 1 set to win the game will not get you the straight sets award.

You don't need to play 5 sets though. You just need to win a 5 set match. Which you would do if you won the first 3 in a row.

Edited by JDMHatchG

I just got my Decorated cheevo after getting a 10 kill streak in a deathmatch for my 30th platinum. Which i'm happy about after reading that some of you did not get it from a 'game mode related' award.

I just have Numero Uno left and then i'm done!

If anyone needs any help at all with any achievements including boosting or needs mugging etc then just shoot me a FR.

You don't need to play 5 sets though. You just need to win a 5 set match. Which you would do if you won the first 3 in a row.

Precisely. 5 sets is the longest the match can go, but I can end sooner. Somewhat poor example but baseball games don't end at exactly 9 innings (lets ignore extra innings in this example). If the home team is winning after the top of the 9th ends, the game is over. The home team doesnt need to bat in the bottom of the 9th, they cant be beaten.

In a 5 set match you cant win 5 sets. You can only win 3. Win the first 3, and you dont have to play a 4th or 5th set.

It says "win a 5 set match." To do that, win 3 sets. If you had to win 5 sets in a match, you would have to play a 9 set match. Not possible.

Play a 5 set match, win the first 3 sets. You get the 5 set match platinum.

If you win those first 3 sets, you get the straight sets platinum too.

If you serve all aces (4 per game, 3 games per set, 3 sets) thats 36 aces. I think you need 25 for platinum, and you get that as well.

Precisely. 5 sets is the longest the match can go, but I can end sooner. Somewhat poor example but baseball games don't end at exactly 9 innings (lets ignore extra innings in this example). If the home team is winning after the top of the 9th ends, the game is over. The home team doesnt need to bat in the bottom of the 9th, they cant be beaten.

In a 5 set match you cant win 5 sets. You can only win 3. Win the first 3, and you dont have to play a 4th or 5th set.

It says "win a 5 set match." To do that, win 3 sets. If you had to win 5 sets in a match, you would have to play a 9 set match. Not possible.

Play a 5 set match, win the first 3 sets. You get the 5 set match platinum.

If you win those first 3 sets, you get the straight sets platinum too.

If you serve all aces (4 per game, 3 games per set, 3 sets) thats 36 aces. I think you need 25 for platinum, and you get that as well.

You could win a 5 set match with 5 sets. Win 2, opponent wins 2, you win the last.

You could win a 5 set match with 5 sets. Win 2, opponent wins 2, you win the last.

Fine, you win. Waste your time. Play a 5 set match trading sets so you win 3 sets to 2 sets. Then play another 5 set match and win the first 3 sets. Go play it your way.

Edited by troy0891
no need for name calling

Fine, you win. Waste your time. Play a 5 set match trading sets so you win 3 sets to 2 sets. Then play another 5 set match and win the first 3 sets. Go play it your way you retard.

Aaaaaaand here comes the unnecessary aggression.

But first, I wasn't telling you that you were WRONG in that post with respect to only needing to win 3/5. I was merely pointing out that you can win a 5-set match with 5 sets, not 9.

Aaaaaaand here comes the unnecessary aggression.

But first, I wasn't telling you that you were WRONG in that post with respect to only needing to win 3/5. I was merely pointing out that you can win a 5-set match with 5 sets, not 9.

No, you are arguing just to argue. I'm done with you. And I couldnt care less if you report me. Big fucking deal.

Well, according to some here, they have won the 5 set platinum award by playing only 3 sets. If that is in deed the case, then the wording on the award is very misleading (or plain wrong). Something like "Win a best of 5 match" would accurately describe the requirements. If winning in 3 straight sets, 6-0, 6-0, and 6-0 is sufficient, then I fail to see how this is an "epic sporting battle" requiring "endurance". That's basically the only point I am making.

-snip-

Would you rather me use this list of grouped awards or the list of the easiest awards as the basis for my third post?

Thanks for all the hard work!

Well, according to some here, they have won the 5 set platinum award by playing only 3 sets. If that is in deed the case, then the wording on the award is very misleading (or plain wrong). Something like "Win a best of 5 match" would accurately describe the requirements. If winning in 3 straight sets, 6-0, 6-0, and 6-0 is sufficient, then I fail to see how this is an "epic sporting battle" requiring "endurance".

That is why I don't see the 5-set match award requiring only winning the first 3 sets because then you are left with two awards that are basically the same.

I am curious to hear from someone who has actually completed the award. As of right now, it appears this is all speculation since no one has said if they have the award and how they actually got it.

Edited by xhunterrrr

Would you rather me use this list of grouped awards or the list of the easiest awards as the basis for my third post?

Thanks for all the hard work!

That is why I don't see the 5-set match award requiring only winning the first 3 sets because then you are left with two awards that are basically the same.

I am curious to hear from someone who has actually completed the award. As of right now, it appears this is all speculation since no one has said if they have the award and how they actually got it.

I've won 3 sets in a row, in a 5 set match and gotten all 3 platinums on 2 separate profiles. Happy?

I've also lost a 5 set match by losing the first 3 sets and those people have gotten 3 platinums.

They aren't the same though.

Because like you said you could still win the 5 set match after playing the full 5 sets. (which would be an epic battle of endurance) but not win by straight sets.

So the 2 awards are nothing alike.

They are only similar if you boost them and the other guy just stands there and lets you win 3 in a row.

Which is the whole point of the conversation lol. To get them all in one go...