Easier than 9?

Darth Cuda

I hope not, I want a challenge and MR.PERFECT seems to be it, I just hope they aint dumbed down the gameplay to compensate.

Just stick with MM9, all MM games require timing and numerous plays of each stage to perfect. Remember when you played the Nes MM game you were younger and had the time and dedication to play the same stage over and over again. Now, like most gamers, they want to play for points and want to just walk through a game with very little hassle.

I hope not, I want a challenge and MR.PERFECT seems to be it, I just hope they aint dumbed down the gameplay to compensate.

Just stick with MM9, all MM games require timing and numerous plays of each stage to perfect. Remember when you played the Nes MM game you were younger and had the time and dedication to play the same stage over and over again. Now, like most gamers, they want to play for points and want to just walk through a game with very little hassle.

No 9 was too damn hard and a waste of money. I don't care about ach if its a good game but I can't even make it to a boss battle. I feel like Capcom ripped me off.

• 2 weeks later...

Mega Man 10 is supposed to have easy mode, normal mode, and hard mode, considering that Normal mode is supposed to be similar to normal mode in Mega Man 9, I think the hardcore players that like the challenge (like myself) will enjoy the normal and hard difficulties, while the new players can play through easy mode like it's a cake walk. I also assume that Mr Perfect can be achieved in easy mode since it doesn't mention the difficulty requirement (I guess we'll find out when it comes out). I am glad that we don't have to pay extra for hard mode or for Proto Man. The rest of the achievements will be easy for me since I completed 100% on Mega Man 9 on achievements (though still have to get all the challenges). I am looking forward to all of these.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Wii version and can tell you it's not easy, it's just easier than 9. Beating this without dying would be next to impossible on Normal, I haven't given it a shot on Easy. I assume it would be simpler since the bosses don't have as many attacks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got it on PS3 and I can tell you, unless you play the easy mode(and only wusses play it on easy) your in for one hard ass game. I haven't yet made it through Wily's castle. This game is hard as hell. Definitely not for the weak, this game is just mean how hard it is. Unless your one of those old schoolers who played the classics relentlessly your in for a tough time. I played most of the NES games, but I had a game genie as a kid.

Its hard as hell, but its a very good game and satisfying when you finally get through a tough level.

I picked it up on wii cuz I didn't want to wait a month to play it (though definately gonna pick it up again tomorrow! w00t w00t) and its a lot harder than MM9 is, but the easy mode puts it on par with 9 or some of the others. Nearly every (if not every single one) of the pits/spike traps have platforms that keep you from falling and dying. Enemies are less aggressive, don't attack as much, maybe even do less damage. Makes the entire game considerably easier to breeze through for the old school fans or completeable for those who aren't able to complete the other games in the series.

Megaman 9 looked a bit hard for me at the first tries but now that I beat the game several times, I also thinks the game is rather easy for someone who just want to beat it, not talking about the achievements (not harder than the old ones in my opinion, it's just that I had to get used again to the old gameplay).

This will be easier than 9, but seriously, the original complaint sounds like the guys I had to talk to in the original SF Hyper Fighting Arcade section on here.

The game level changed only a smidgeon since the engine is not hyper advanced and there really isn't much room for cheating, lol.

The only complaint I had was how did we progress from MM3 - MM8 with the slide only to have it REMOVED from play on MM9. That made no sense to me until I played it and realized how much it would have trivialized some of the play.

Other than that, if you couldn't beat it, then Wikipedia or Youtube is your best bet to learn the rest of the story. Other than that, bust those thumbs and learn the proper patterns to beat the game, I say.

It's not like it's Devil May Cry 4, LOL.

I felt MM9 followed the same pattern as all other MM games:

Ridiculously hard the first time, ridiculously easy the second.

Once you get past an area and know how to do it properly, you should have no trouble getting through it a second time. For example, I was having trouble with the elephants in 9 for some reason, but once I finally got the pattern down and worked it out proper I can easily fly through those things without getting hit once. It's all pattern recognition. If you're not willing to put the time to learn from your mistakes, then yeah it's a hard game.

Achievement wise its much easier than 9. Gameplay wise its on-par with 9.

Are you sure?

Mr Perfect seems really hard to get. I haven't tried the game yet, but if it's like MM9, with the last four levels without saves between them...

Anyway, i don't think megaman 9 it's so hard, it's just like other megaman. You can't just storm trough the levels and finish the game, you have to play each level plenty of times, until you know them perfectly, learning an efficent order to play the levels, and most importantly learning to use the right powers at the right moment.

First time i played it, it seemed very hard to me too. Now i sometimes put it on to relax and finish it in about 40 minutes, listening the great music in the game (i love tornado man theme) :D

Edited by Mr Rivuz

Having played it now, I think 10 is much easier than 9

In 9 I actually had to learn stages before I was able to consistently get through them. In 10 I'm finding that I get through the stages with no problems whatsoever even my first time through. The layouts of the levels are much simpler and more straightforward and the cheap deaths are a lot less. I'm only on my first run through on normal though, so maybe Hard will be more on par with the difficulty of 9.

I did notice that they give out screws like candy in this game. You get like 200 free screws in the first half of sheep mans stage alone which is ridiculous since E tanks are only 30 screws apiece, so you could just brute force your way through the game.

Are you sure?

Mr Perfect seems really hard to get. I haven't tried the game yet, but if it's like MM9, with the last four levels without saves between them...

Anyway, i don't think megaman 9 it's so hard, it's just like other megaman. You can't just storm trough the levels and finish the game, you have to play each level plenty of times, until you know them perfectly, learning an efficent order to play the levels, and most importantly learning to use the right powers at the right moment.

First time i played it, it seemed very hard to me too. Now i sometimes put it on to relax and finish it in about 40 minutes, listening the great music in the game (i love tornado man theme) :D

Considering you can save Mr. P on easy between every sihgle level (including wily) yes. It took me 3 days of a couple hours on the wii to do it and it took me less than 10 hours to get all the achievements on the 360, removing time it took from me trying to figure out World Warrior.

These responses are very hit and miss.

I've played every mega man game in the original series, and yes, 9 was the hardest... but just like any game, it only takes memorization and timing to master it.

Mega Man 10 is easier. MUCH easier. I guess if you have a basic Mega Man skill this is the case, but I had been playing the NES games right before 9 and still found it hard.

Mega Man 10 is not hard. Well, the levels/bosses aren't. The Wily levels are another story, but they are supposed to be hard. This game is NOTHING compared to Mega Man 9, and if people are claiming differently, they didn't play 9. Mega Man 10 is a much easier game (yes, even on normal) so much so that someone I know that couldn't beat ONE level in 9 can take out all the bosses on normal.

Hope that helps.

...so much so that someone I know that couldn't beat ONE level in 9 can take out all the bosses on normal.

Hope that helps.

haha come on, 9 wasn't that hard. There were some tricky area's on the wily stages, but you're exaggerating a bit on that last comment, right?

Layout wise the levels are much straight-forward in 10, but i think the robot monsters on HARD put 9's to shame.

Reading some of these comments makes my ego grow :p. I have all of the achievements on MM9, it takes practice but it was a great game and probably my favorite in the classic series imo.

Tbh I'm disappointed that they made 10 easier, I buy megaman games mostly because of their difficulty.