Overkill & Two For One (Ranked FFA) Advice

o CrAsH MaN o

So I jumped back into Halo 3 to try to clean up the remaining achievements, but I believe I am going to fall just short of 100% completion.

The Overkill and Two For One achievements must be done in Lone Wolves, as it is the only ranked FFA playlist in Matchmaking. I think that it is a lot harder to get these two achievements now compared to when Halo 3 first came out. I say that, because me being a 40 in Lone Wolves does not make things easy when I am matching high level players lol. It is mostly only the hardcore Halo 3 gamers that roam the ranked playlists now and the majority of the high level Lone Wolves players are very decent and competitive.

I think I will just try a couple of games a night or something and see what happens. Who knows, maybe a lucky situation will come up eventually. I just see these two achievements being pretty hard to get nowadays, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

i was thinking of getting back into halo 3 myself i need both of these achievements and a few more of the dlc ones.

any advice on how to get these would be great as i would like to get them legit but if i cant get them soon i will probably have to boost them.

These two achievements would be difficult to boost. Not only do you have to find multiple players within your Lone Wolves rank, but you also need to match them while searching within the playlist (which would seem easier now due to the low player population). I should've went for these while Halo 3 was hot, but I never did and now I am stuck on 1740 :gsicon:

• 2 weeks later...

You can always do the language preference trick to get matched up. I did it a few months back to get the majority of my missing FFA achievements.

I'm ranked around 40 in FFA and just need a Overkill. I'm down to get a party going.

'Z yaltr' is my gamertag, send me a msg.

Well if you guys really want to try to do this then we are going to need to 6 players minimum, so how about everyone who needs these two achievements post their details (GT, Lone Wolves rank/skill, time zone and availability).

If there is a certain date and time that works best for you then go ahead and post it. Hopefully we can set up a date/time that works for everybody and we can knock these out :woop:

Player 1: o Crash Man o

LW Rank/Skill: 40

Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time (California)

Availability: Any time on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Any time after 7pm on Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat and Sundays.

High Level Party (Wednesday, June 13th, 10 AM PST / 1 PM EST)

1. o Crash Man o - 40

2. Z Yaltr - 40

3. FullmetalXFox - 34

4. GenoXiDeC vI - 35

5. SAUSAGE R0LLS - 32

Low Level Party (date to be determined)

1. eXe I SpOnGe - 6

2. HaRdCoRey89 - 11

3. Velentar - 21

4. Beefdagreat - 7

Edited by o CrAsH MaN o
Party Update

I will be editing my above post with party updates as players sign up. We are going to have to be patient with the process, but we will eventually get a date and time set up. I like a unselfish group that is willing to help everyone get their Lone Wolves achievements and I am sure you guys are the same way. :)

Ok guys, well it looks like the High Level Party is filling up quite quickly. One more should be good within the skill range of 30-40. I made another party for the lower skill range (because you cannot match low levels with high levels in Matchmaking), so you guys can share Gamertags and try to get a date and time set up too.

I think it is time we start deciding on a date and time. I am down for any night after 7pm PST/ 10pm EST because that is when I get off work. Wednesdays and Thursdays I have off completley, but I don't know if those days will work with everyone.

I also suggest that we start sending friend requests out to all the players that want to participate in the session.

I can be on just about any night after 10PM EST, so I think I can attempt to match your schedule, Crash, if after you get off work is going to be most convenient. On Wednesday, I should be good any time if it comes to that, and Thursday would have to be after 6 my time.

I sent out friend requests to all of the players in the high level party. Yeah, I know getting a date and time set up is tricky, so I am open to all other suggestions. Geno what exactly is the time difference between us? I think everyone else is from the US, so we should be able to match schedules fairly easy there.

I would like to get this done this upcoming week on a day that works for everyone :)

I would rather not do the session on Saturday or Sunday (got a camping trip coming up this weekend), so I am hoping we can decide on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday date.

Edited by o CrAsH MaN o

i have a 9 hour difference with pacific and a 6 hour difference with eastern.

But i can be online on wednesday or thursday after work and make it a late night out of it.

I want to get rid of these achievements as soon as possible.

Edited by GenoXideC vI

High Level Party (Wednesday, June 13th, 10 AM PST / 1 PM EST)

1. o Crash Man o - 40

2. Z Yaltr - 40

3. FullmetalXFox - 34

4. GenoXiDeC vI - 35

5. SAUSAGE R0LLS - 32

6. -open-

Alright guys, that makes 5 players! We should be able to get it done if everyone shows up. We still have one more day to find a 6th player too, but I think we can manage if we cannot get one.

:woop:

Edit: What a great group and session this was. Everybody showed up on time, had a mic and the entire party had a positive, unselfish vibe to it. We had no problem at all matching up using the language filter trick and it took less than 45 minutes (if that) to knock the achievements out. This is what an organzied group should be like and we had some laughs along the way. Cheers you guys, I'll keep all of you on my friends list!

Edited by o CrAsH MaN o
Final Thoughts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...