Achievement guide

Ray5555

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I missed out... I guess ill look again on a second playthrough, can you only get characters on a mission and not in the find work part? cause ya, i destroyed the elves, but never saw a mission about aid. and i have nothing about defeating the people you said

I think I missed out... I guess ill look again on a second playthrough, can you only get characters on a mission and not in the find work part? cause ya, i destroyed the elves, but never saw a mission about aid. and i have nothing about defeating the people you said

The meimei knights(or what ever they are called) has to be destroyed, usually this will happen when you destroy the elves, but it may not.

Okay... so... just to make sure I don't screw this up on playthrough #2...

All I need is Al and Jadou...

I've taken out the Nameless Army, leaving:

Underworld

Overlord

Shinileeg

Now... if I understand this guide correctly, if I take out the Underworld next, then the Overlord after that, I should be able to get the missions for Al and Little Snow (and thus Jadou), right? :confused:

Then again... I suppose to be safe, I could just take out Shinileeg, then the Overlord... since I have no real need to take out the Underworld at all... maybe?!?

..or do I need to keep a save before the next country elimination and do them in separate attempts?

Aaargh... this is too damned confusing.

Edited by WarpedLord

Underworld

Overlord

Shinileeg

Now... if I understand this guide correctly, if I take out the Underworld next, then the Overlord after that, I should be able to get the missions for Al and Little Snow (and thus Jadou), right? :confused:

Then again... I suppose to be safe, I could just take out Shinileeg, then the Overlord... since I have no real need to take out the Underworld at all... maybe?!?

..or do I need to keep a save before the next country elimination and do them in separate attempts?

You should be fine, but I would kill off shinileeg first just to be guaranteed to get al then reload and kill off the underworld army/overlord army

Underworld

Overlord

Shinileeg

I am in the exact same situation WarpedLord.

From what I understand, and from what Ray5555 has mentioned in various posts, I would assume that you would leave underworld and overworld for your last two. When we are down to those two armies and have mercenary king rank, Al's mission should unlock, correct?

Overworld needs to be alive, because they are pursuing Al.

Underworld alive, so that Break is still employed by the Army and not allowing his mission to trigger.

After getting Al, we then take out Overworld to unlock Little Snow, which then unlocks the Jadou mission.

Of course, you can unlock Al, then go to a previous save and play things out differently(so long as you still get Little Snow/Jadou)

Sorry for multi-post.

You're second scenario seems perfect to me, because you will have netted Hiro,Jadou,and Al just in time for the level 8 missions. (Al for achievement purposes, assuming nobody uses her).

Bottom line, if Underworld is the last Army, you will have NOT triggered Break at all. and you will have gotten access to everyone else. Correct?

So, there's a couple ways to make it work... good.

The game scared the crap out of me yesterday... after I completed "Unidentified Monsters 2", the computer took out the Underworld army... I freaked out, since the only previous save I had was several hours earlier. Luckily, I figured I'd try re-loading the battle, and when I did it again, this time the computer took out the Nameless army. Whew... good thing there's some randomness there.

Thanks for the advice guys... should be able to get those last few achievements tonight or tomorrow... just in time for Infinite Undiscovery to drop!

So, there's a couple ways to make it work... good.

The game scared the crap out of me yesterday... after I completed "Unidentified Monsters 2", the computer took out the Underworld army... I freaked out, since the only previous save I had was several hours earlier. Luckily, I figured I'd try re-loading the battle, and when I did it again, this time the computer took out the Nameless army. Whew... good thing there's some randomness there.

Thanks for the advice guys... should be able to get those last few achievements tonight or tomorrow... just in time for Infinite Undiscovery to drop!

You read my mind about Infinite Undiscovery! I was so worried about finishing this game on time, but we'll make it with time to spare.

It's good to hear that you can re-do that battle if the computer eliminates Under/Overworld. I will save after every battle, just to be safe. You are way ahead of me(I'm like 5 hr into New Game +) and I'd be curious to know how the Al & Jadou recruiting goes. If I get to it this week, I'll do the same, but it you're way ahead of me. Standing up in 4 weddings this summer has totally killed my Anti-Social life:p

ES-

I'll definitely post how things worked out...

Good luck on your run!

As far as IU coming out, I was feeling good about having everything finished before it... and then I just remembered that Tales of Vesperia comes out next week... sheesh... never thought I'd be complaining about having too many RPGs to play on my XBOX... it's like we're in some weird alternate universe... next thing you know, we'll get Final Fantasy on the XBOX...

Oh... wait... we aaaare... :woop:

So far so good... took out Shinileeg and Al's mission popped... I'm thinking now I'll go back to the save before I took them out and taking out the Overlord now, instead of going forward... should be waaay faster... Just baaaarely going to sneak in under an 80 hour total to get all achievements... Not too bad, really.

One wierd thing I've been noticing... all the missions you "unlock" by meeting certain requirements (other than needing certain characters or countries obliterated) seem to stay unlocked... Chic's mission popped up, and I haven't touched Fuya or Shiz's weapons (both are still at default) and I noticed that you don't get the "Mercenary Level Unlocked" messages, and the missions that pop up from getting High Mercenary and Mercenary King showed up before I got those ranks on my second playthrough... for example, I'm at "Licensed" rank on playthrough #2, and the missions for Zakifron and Hiro are available...

Edited by WarpedLord

So far so good... took out Shinileeg and Al's mission popped... I'm thinking now I'll go back to the save before I took them out and taking out the Overlord now, instead of going forward... should be waaay faster... Just baaaarely going to sneak in under an 80 hour total to get all achievements... Not too bad, really.

One wierd thing I've been noticing... all the missions you "unlock" by meeting certain requirements (other than needing certain characters or countries obliterated) seem to stay unlocked... Chic's mission popped up, and I haven't touched Fuya or Shiz's weapons (both are still at default) and I noticed that you don't get the "Mercenary Level Unlocked" messages, and the missions that pop up from getting High Mercenary and Mercenary King showed up before I got those ranks on my second playthrough... for example, I'm at "Licensed" rank on playthrough #2, and the missions for Zakifron and Hiro are available...

The 360 has really put out some quality RPG's, and the list is growing longer. "The Last Remant" looks pretty solid as well. As a RPG & FPS lover... I just have no use for a PS3. I can live without Disgaea 3 & Metal Gear (maybe they will port too!). Anyway, I don't want to bash the PS3 in here, but I'm just fired up about the RPG support like you are.

That is kind of cool about the missions. I've noticed that as well. Maybe mercenary rank is disregarded as far as being a requirement for those missions in New Game +. I'm curious if Al's mission will unlock right after I take out Nameless then? I'll target them next and see what happens.

I don't think it will... the levels of those missions don't seem to change, so you still can't get a level 7 mission until after "Hunt the Fiends" for instance... but it's nice that you don't have to worry about getting certain gear, upgrading weapons, or ranking up (although getting A's on the missions on the second playthrough is almost impossible NOT to do...).

Oh... and I suppose as far as RPGs, a person could include Too Human also... it's an "action-RPG", but still... so many RPGs...

Also definitely looking forward to Last Remnant, and all the other Square Enix titles. It's funny, though... One of the main reasons I own a PS3 also is for the japanese games and RPGs... and I've been really disappointed in that field. The Wii has actually been a MUCH better system for the JRPGs and SRPGs than the PS3. Glad I let my wife talk me into buying a Wii "for her"... heh heh heh...

I don't think it will... the levels of those missions don't seem to change, so you still can't get a level 7 mission until after "Hunt the Fiends" for instance... but it's nice that you don't have to worry about getting certain gear, upgrading weapons, or ranking up (although getting A's on the missions on the second playthrough is almost impossible NOT to do...).

Oh... and I suppose as far as RPGs, a person could include Too Human also... it's an "action-RPG", but still... so many RPGs...

Also definitely looking forward to Last Remnant, and all the other Square Enix titles. It's funny, though... One of the main reasons I own a PS3 also is for the japanese games and RPGs... and I've been really disappointed in that field. The Wii has actually been a MUCH better system for the JRPGs and SRPGs than the PS3. Glad I let my wife talk me into buying a Wii "for her"... heh heh heh...

Your right chic'smission does appear with out shimazwei or fuya's weapon being maxed, but once you are in that battle you won't be able to recruit him though. So unless you have a gun upgraded to max level then that mission will just be like a regular mission with a guest npc.

Okay... just finished getting Jadou. 1000/1000... woot!

Anyway... some specifics... Jadou's mission is called "Dark Royalty" and is a level 7 mission that unlocks as soon as you finish Little Snow's mission. The mission itself looks intimidating, but is actually ridiculously easy. You must use Begina, Diaz, and Little Snow.

You start the mission with Jadou at the middle of your group with four knights within attack range, with a boss waaaaay to the other side of the map. When you dispatch the four knights a large host of knight and sorcerers spawn, along with the five warriors, split in four groups. Jadou will then run off to attack the groups on his own. This is nothing to worry about, though, since he has his "ignore 5 attacks" accessory (I believe it was five... he never took any damage, anyway). After the mission, he calls you all maggots, but Snow convinces him to join anyway.

Piece of cake.

Good stuff Warped!

I too, had the issue of the computer randomly taking out the Underworld. After re-loading, one thing I did was make sure all my "Attack..." jobs were for the Under/Overworld. I think this may strengthen them, and make them less likely to get taken out at random.

I currently have Overworld, Underworld, and Episolia (sp?) as my final three kingdoms. My characters are all around level 38-42 so I have some work to do, and my rank is still only "High". I think soon as I take out Episolia(level 6) I should get boost.

I can't remember if I reached Legendary when there were still 2 kingdoms left. I think thats my only concern. I obviously need that for Al, before I go after the overlord characters.

Good stuff Warped!

I too, had the issue of the computer randomly taking out the Underworld. After re-loading, one thing I did was make sure all my "Attack..." jobs were for the Under/Overworld. I think this may strengthen them, and make them less likely to get taken out at random.

I currently have Overworld, Underworld, and Episolia (sp?) as my final three kingdoms. My characters are all around level 38-42 so I have some work to do, and my rank is still only "High". I think soon as I take out Episolia(level 6) I should get boost.

I can't remember if I reached Legendary when there were still 2 kingdoms left. I think thats my only concern. I obviously need that for Al, before I go after the overlord characters.

No You just have to be licensed rank in order to get everybody. Everybody unlock as soon as I became a licensed merc, and only 2 kingdoms left on my second playthrough(well everybody I could get including Judou)

Alright.. I'm kind of distraught.

I have already recruited AL, so that's over with.

I just took out Overworld, with Underworld being my last kingdom. I am at Mercenary King rank. I dont have the "Snow Queen" mission available, and I don't have a conversation available with Eunice.

The one thing I didn't do is recruit every character. I have a few missions unlocked, but not yet completed. Is there any other pre req for unlocking the conversation with eunice to get the "Snow Queen" mission?

Alright, sorry for jumping the gun here!

I had not recruited Langeais at this point. After doing so, it triggered a conversation with Eunice and Langeais. After these, Snow Queen appeared. That's what I get for ignoring characters I wasn't using! Just and FYI for anyone else who flys through their 2nd playthrough;)

so yeah I don't know how to make little snow appear either! I am on my first play thru and have unlocked almost everyone so far but still nothing on her. i am mercenary king and only have 3 level 9 missions left (one of them is the final i think) and the only kingdom left is the overlord (i think, it was the one on the very top of the list because they always paid the best ;)) anyways... shouldn't it have popped up by now?

also, has anyone gotten diaz'es final weapon upgrade? it says i need "soul - mugen" but i looked in a few FAQ's and saw nothing about it.

EDIT: just got hte soul mugen thing.. it was one of the lvl 9 missions i had left to do.. but still no little snow! :(

Edited by Sms4001

so yeah I don't know how to make little snow appear either! I am on my first play thru and have unlocked almost everyone so far but still nothing on her. i am mercenary king and only have 3 level 9 missions left (one of them is the final i think) and the only kingdom left is the overlord (i think, it was the one on the very top of the list because they always paid the best ;)) anyways... shouldn't it have popped up by now?

also, has anyone gotten diaz'es final weapon upgrade? it says i need "soul - mugen" but i looked in a few FAQ's and saw nothing about it.

EDIT: just got hte soul mugen thing.. it was one of the lvl 9 missions i had left to do.. but still no little snow! :(

Yeah I just made a edit telling you what kingdoms need to be left alive at the end of the game in order to get all of the achievements. Unfortunately you missed little snow since that kingdom is still alive. I thought I put a note there so people would know. I only put the note on Break, and Al. Well there is the note now.

You won't get Little snow cause the Overlord army has to be dead.

Now i'm playing my 3rd game. There's only Overlord Army & Underworld Army left. I've recruited Al, Merc King rank. When i destroyed Overlord Army, there's no conversation with Eunice to unlock Snow Queen mission...So i don know how to unlock this mission

somebody help me plz :confused: