Halo 3: ODST Bitching Thread

AOS Puck

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope - not feelin' this game at all, but then again i haven't liked any of the halos except the first one. only reason i bought odst was that it was dirt cheap and to breeze through the campaign. not sure why people love these halo games so damn much - i don't think i'll ever figure it out.

Edited by Mellow Tha Pro
lack of typing prowess!!! LOL!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This game was actually the first Halo since Halo 1 that I truly enjoyed.

However:

1. No Firefight matchmaking

2. Way more lag than there is any excuse for

3. No continuing if someone loses connection

makes Frost a dull boy. (kudos if you get the reference)

I actually didn't mind no competitive multiplayer as I have never been able to get into competitive FPSes on consoles as I originated as a PC gamer; I play them, but I do it in small bites because playing with the controller handicap eventually will piss me off between 30 minutes and 3 hours of play. But they should have put in matchmaking for Firefight, there was NO excuse for that.

Edited by CaptFrost

3. No continuing if someone loses connection

A million and one times this. I mean what were they thinking. Holy shit is it stupid. It's one of those things which you can't imagine it being released without some dev spotting it.

Defies logic.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I have nothing to complain about the game. It is what Halo should be and it is very much like every other Halo game. I was very pleased with it. But on to the bitching part.

The Xbox Live community NEVER ceases to piss me off! Getting Vidmaster Challenge: Deja Vu or however it is supposed to be written.

Set 4: 3 Skulls Activated: 2nd to last wave (reinforcements)

My friend's friends.

That guy: Hey. I'm getting bored and we can do this some other time. Seeya. (Leaves)

I wasn't even enjoying the game before because they are idiots but I put up with that for my friend's sake but when you're that close to being done with this and never have to do it with people you don't like again you get a feeling of, it is almost finally over, but someone has to ruin it. Wasn't even a funny kind of ruin it was just I'm going to be an asshole kind. I'm sticking with my Halo nerd friends next time.

Seems like the guy who left out on you is just being a dick for the sake of being a dick. It would only take another 20 minutes or so. Not like 3 hours, just hang it out. What an ass.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Someone said that the game is "touchy" and I have to agree.. like the rest of the halos.. these cheevs and everything are just too specific.. I dont remember what I did but I finished the game without getting that Super Sleuth cheev... just went back through it all making sure not to mess with any settings or even go anywhere else besides "resume solo campaign" from the main menu. It looks like a lot of people feel the same with these Vidmaster cheevs as well. Hahaha... ugh... they just had to add these cheevs in there. Apparently that 4 player firefight cheev was originally on Legendary till they realized the difficulty of it. I dont know but I hope I can manage. Good luck to you all.

• 1 year later...