Which three guns do you carry?

1mpr3gn4t0r

On my first playthrough it was usually AR, Sniper and whatever-else-I-could-find, leaning towards the Rocket Launcher. The shotgun seemed crap at first, but after I saw people raving about it it became a mainstay on my second playthrough.

I still don't get why everyone seems to go for the Heavy Machinegun - it just seems too much like the AR to be worth the other slot.

Didn't think much of the shotgun until i maxed out the upgrades. I can't hit shit at long range so I love the awesome damage it does close in. Found myself leaving the AR behind a lot and just using the HMG, as I said can't shoot to straight so reduced accuracy compared to the AR didn't matter. As with most on the thread, third slot was "horses for courses" either what was needed for the situation or just case of whatever is left and pile it on. Lock on laser is a fave -A bit week on the damage front but loads of fun to use. We'll see if my views change on a harder run through.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

i used one of the DLC ones personally cause it's awesome, always able to lvl up because it has no ammo.

Laser Cannon: my main, no ammo means i can lvl it anytime i find one and any upgrade cube, i pretty much only use this purple laser of doom.

anything else: i don't really use other weapons lol, i keep on me just what i'm lvling up, after i max lvl a weapon, i usually start on assault rifle and heavy machinegun, then move onto sniper and shotgun, then i grab just whatever happens to be around i don't really use the other weapons at all, on my first game and then achievement whoring after it i upgraded those that i needed to get specific kills with to max and then used them for expediencies sake.

i like to get heavy machine gun and assault rifle maxed for later lvls where i can't use energy weapons like on vipers because i can't use the cannon on them, and sometimes it's just easier to fire smaller guns and they have plenty of ammo around. i upgrade snipers and shotguns because of the sniper lvl it's easier with strong sniper rifle and the shotgun also for the viper lvl and for larger walker enemies (non-gaint super boss things)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been carrying the Assualt Rifle because it carrys more ammo and is more accurate. The Rocket Launcher, even if its empty I hold onto it because when I die at a tough boss it automatically fills my ammo, which is very nice on the hard difficulty. And I am a little torn on the third slot. I was using the lock on launcher but it doesnt do much damage so I tend to use the sniper or the LFE gun.

• 1 month later...

I usually carried around the HMG, Shotgun, and Lock-on Laser until I discovered the effectiveness of the LFE Gun. It can eat through swarms of enemies, kill ball-bots while they are rolling around, and knock over Romanov's on their bellies so you can get a clean shot on them. Great gun, and especially useful in the tactical challenges.

• 1 month later...