Tips/Advice for Clever Girl(Kill 40 Flanked Enemies)

Played through the entire game on Commander, didn't get this achievement for killing 40 flanked enemies due to keeping my squad close because of the higher difficulty.

I've read a couple of different things about this achievement. The Main one being that this does not count flank kills your squad members get.

Can anyone confirm this?

And if all kills have to be from Carter, any tips for getting this achievement easily after beating the game?

I figure I'll just load up the second to last base visit, lower the difficulty, and then work from there to try and get all the flanked kills I need.

Hopefully reloading a previous save will work.

Edit:

Reloading a save before the end of the game did work. I loaded up base visit 4, and completed Operation Firestorm flanking every enemy I possibly could. I unlocked the achievement at the very end while defending the gas station. I don't know how many flanked kills I had before starting, but I can say that there are enough enemies(easily flanked)here to get you close at least.

Edited by ZingZitang

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This Achievement is so useless, wtf. So apparently the developers do not consider standing right behind an enemy as flanking if he is standing in the middle of nowhere (because thats "exposed"), sitting behind a 20cm fence (because thats "cover") or if he is shooting at someone (because thats "aiming").

Edited by Schreckofant

• 4 weeks later...
Played through the entire game on Commander, didn't get this achievement for killing 40 flanked enemies due to keeping my squad close because of the higher difficulty.

I've read a couple of different things about this achievement. The Main one being that this does not count flank kills your squad members get.

Can anyone confirm this?

And if all kills have to be from Carter, any tips for getting this achievement easily after beating the game?

Worked like a charm. If you can just keep your dumb ass teammates to stay put. Got mine by the third mission.