X360A Ultimate FAQ (Please Read First!)

Fizzmatix

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering some of the staff shuffle that happened a bit ago, you may want to edit some of the old staff out/new staff in. Just so people don't get confused on who's who. :)
Yep, it needs doing. I was checking up on this earlier. I updated not to long ago but since that update even more staff members were moved around and such. It's on my list of things to update.

how do you apply for jobs on the site?
Occasionally there will be a contest or open try-outs for a spot on the staff. However most of the time members are asked to join the staff based on their contributions to the site. As far as being a moderator goes, it's clearly stated in the forum rules as follows:

When the Admins feel the site needs new moderators, we will add new moderators. We will also choose the new mods, so please do not ask. This is a pretty much guaranteed way to never become a mod. As is having an infraction or not following the rules.

According to this thread, it says that signature pictures must be between 500 and 300 pixels. I have been trying to upload one at something like 486 and 100 and it won't let me. Why is this?

EDIT: Apparently it wouldn't except the file from photobucket, but if I downsized it and saved it to my computer, it seemed to work. So nevermind.

Edited by tmcmullen08

Occasionally there will be a contest or open try-outs for a spot on the staff. However most of the time members are asked to join the staff based on their contributions to the site. As far as being a moderator goes, it's clearly stated in the forum rules as follows:

That's good to know, many thanks for your time.

According to this thread, it says that signature pictures must be between 500 and 300 pixels. I have been trying to upload one at something like 486 and 100 and it won't let me. Why is this?

EDIT: Apparently it wouldn't except the file from photobucket, but if I downsized it and saved it to my computer, it seemed to work. So nevermind.

I'm having the same problem, but nothing seems to work. I think everything is fine, but the picture never shows up for some reason.

Could someone give me a hand please?

This is the pic if anyone needs it

http://otrapartida.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Earthworm-Jim-xbox.jpg

Thanks in advance

I'm having the same problem, but nothing seems to work. I think everything is fine, but the picture never shows up for some reason.

Could someone give me a hand please?

This is the pic if anyone needs it

http://otrapartida.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Earthworm-Jim-xbox.jpg

Thanks in advance

Just to start with, your image is too tall by 100 pixels. The requirements are 500 pixels in width, 300 pixels in height. You need to host your images on a site such as photobucket, tinypic etc. Copy the url image from your hosting site and use the following code in your signature.

URL%20HERE

Just to start with, your image is too tall by 100 pixels. The requirements are 500 pixels in width, 300 pixels in height. You need to host your images on a site such as photobucket, tinypic etc. Copy the url image from your hosting site and use the following code in your signature.

I'm really sorry about that, I meant my profile picture, not my sig...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/Giof007/EJ.jpg

I think it might work now though, I will let you know, but I resized it to 100x75 on photobucket, and the requirements are 100x100 so lets see!

FAIL! haha, thats strange, at least it pops up in the thread. thanks for helping and sorry for the bother.

I'm really sorry about that, I meant my profile picture, not my sig...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/Giof007/EJ.jpg

I think it might work now though, I will let you know, but I resized it to 100x75 on photobucket, and the requirements are 100x100 so lets see!

FAIL! haha, thats strange, at least it pops up in the thread. thanks for helping and sorry for the bother.

Ah okay, sorry I misunderstood. You may find that the image was too big in the first place. The image size was probably also over 64kbs.

How you get to the achievements case page ? I searched every where:confused:

When you log in from the main page, located up in the left hand corner it will say "My Profile" directly under where it says "My Checklists". Go ahead and click [HERE]. Once your profile has loaded, simply scroll down to where it will display your Achievement Case. You can click "(Edit)" to edit any items within the achievement case.

Hope this helps out.

Edited by Ingles

Is there not a way to just link your achievements, instead of having to check them 1 by 1?? If not Hey!! XBOX360ACHIEVEMENTS.ORG, that would be a cool and handy feature to work on. The new program Raptr tracks everything like all your games and achievements. Look into how they do it and implement it into your awesome website.

Is there not a way to just link your achievements, instead of having to check them 1 by 1?? If not Hey!! XBOX360ACHIEVEMENTS.ORG, that would be a cool and handy feature to work on. The new program Raptr tracks everything like all your games and achievements. Look into how they do it and implement it into your awesome website.
No, as we have said time and time again there is no way for us to access that information without breaching Microsoft's TOS. Other sites that do obtain this information Screen Scrape which violates the terms between Microsoft and other websites.

We are apart of the Developer program but we do not have access to any such feeds which offer achievements. It may happen in the future but until that happens the checklists will be manual.

Don't know if someone said it some point near the bottom of the first page, but I tried accessing the link in the first post on how to write the achievement guide and it said invalid link. I didn't check the others, but if you want, I can do it and report if others are.

Edit:

I did open the Submission Rules thread and the link to writing the achievement guides works in that thread. So, just the link in the first post appears to not be working.

Edited by Vandel Buster

E74 is not just an AV cable error. Were it so easy. :p

It can also be a problem with the graphics card or the scaler chip between the two.

Might want to edit that. ;)

Also, great job on this.

He's right, I ve got a E74 error, try three other cables but still have the same problem. Try my cable on an other xbox360, it works perfectly.

I have 31 posts and I can't link my gamertag. I can update my Achievement Case, Checklists, Wishlists and Collection but I can't link my gamertag...

Also my brother got his posting privileges lost and he has no idea why. His name is Tyler282514 and his gamertag is XavierHenry13. He had over 75 post. If a mod or Webb can connect via private message him that would be nice.

Edited by Stephens34