Stupid deaths on Hard Core

alex1407

First of all i really liked Hard Core mode,something that presented a challenge. I liked how it put pressure and get me nervous. I manage to die in places that on my normal and zealot runs i wasn't paying much attention to. I died on the train getting hit by both doors,then i smashed into flaying debris during open space flight,and then i got incinerated by those fire rings in zero-g! When you fill presure from Hard Core game playes in different way!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i died several times by the falling train. and once at the fire rings forcing me to restart at the beginning of seven after being hit by a flying bug and getting knocked back into the flames i was so mad.

the funniest one was when i cleared the elevator in chapter seven only to step on one of those mines and blow up. thank god i only had to go back to the beginning of seven because i hadn't saved yet and if it wasn't for the second disc i would have had to restart the whole game.

I playd from the begining of chapter 8 to end of 10 and FUCKING *@^%#@#*@%#%@*@*#% Died at by one of the STUPID FREAKING(^*^**&^%^%$# things that have 3 arms and spit things at you by it jumping on my Freaking $^$&%$(^$ back. I was going to use a health pack but i just risked it . 2 hrs and 30 min. it took. Can anyone say anything to make me feel better?:mad::confused::(:mad:

Lol, I can't even begin to tell you how many times I died from stupid stuff. On my first run at HC, I made it to the end of chapt 3 and died from one of the exploders. I felt like I had a good distance from him, and I shot his exploding arm.....well let's just say I misjudged the distance. Then I made it to the first encounter with the stalkers, I got stuck on the wall for some reason and couldn't run away, and I died. Those are the 2 that really bothered me....otherwise, I think I died upwards of 5 times on my HC run. I'm just glad it's over now.

I playd from the begining of chapter 8 to end of 10 and FUCKING *@^%#@#*@%#%@*@*#% Died at by one of the STUPID FREAKING(^*^**&^%^%$# things that have 3 arms and spit things at you by it jumping on my Freaking $^$&%$(^$ back. I was going to use a health pack but i just risked it . 2 hrs and 30 min. it took. Can anyone say anything to make me feel better?:mad::confused::(:mad:

At least take solace on the fact that it happened sooner rather than later.:drunk

I restarted hardcore a couple of times. I died at the train part and had some ill advised saves. For me the only part that made me mad was after you arrange the solar array panels you have to dodge debris and I had a couple of deaths there. After doing it I feel confident I could beat the entire game without saving once. Upgraded force gun and plasma cutter.

Was just gonna come here and create this exact topic..

I started hard core last night and tbh was pretty surprised with how easy it was. I wasnt planning to save until at least disc 2, and my plan was going fine throuhout chapters 1-6. I only came close to dying once and that was on one of the parts where you're locked in and a million enemies come from everywhere in a room thats bathed in red light.

Anyway, I killed the brute which i was pretty much using as my half way marker, and then rounded the corner to head for the lift that you have to insert disc 2 in and got FUCKIN ONE SHOTTED by the guardian wall hangning necro. :@

I was following a guide which said stasis it and then run past it to find an explosive barrel. I never bothered doing this on my zealot playthroughs but in the interest of ammo saving on hardcore I thought I'd do what the guide said.

Well, I stasis'd it and then walked towards the corner to get past it and it spat out one of the tentacle pods and it took my head clean off in 1 hit at full health. Think I'll be ignoring that bastard guide from now on, I was doing fine on my own.

Back to the start tonight. *sigh*

I'm playing through, used my second save at the start of chapter 11 and plan on using my 3rd save before the eye-poke machine seeing as how the last part is simple running away and using stasis/force gun.

Either way I got to the drill ride and I'm actually doing really well when I believe I accidentally decided to take a spin on the drill in the front (pun intended).

I just looked at the screen with my mouth pulled to the side and thought "okay." and just turned off the xbox lol. Pissed me off.

Was just gonna come here and create this exact topic..

I started hard core last night and tbh was pretty surprised with how easy it was. I wasnt planning to save until at least disc 2, and my plan was going fine throuhout chapters 1-6. I only came close to dying once and that was on one of the parts where you're locked in and a million enemies come from everywhere in a room thats bathed in red light.

Anyway, I killed the brute which i was pretty much using as my half way marker, and then rounded the corner to head for the lift that you have to insert disc 2 in and got FUCKIN ONE SHOTTED by the guardian wall hangning necro. :@

I was following a guide which said stasis it and then run past it to find an explosive barrel. I never bothered doing this on my zealot playthroughs but in the interest of ammo saving on hardcore I thought I'd do what the guide said.

Well, I stasis'd it and then walked towards the corner to get past it and it spat out one of the tentacle pods and it took my head clean off in 1 hit at full health. Think I'll be ignoring that bastard guide from now on, I was doing fine on my own.

Back to the start tonight. *sigh*

I don't know who wrote that guide and I feel badly that you fell victim to it, but Guardians will one shot you if yoy get into their melee range, regardless if stasis is applied or not. It is a scripted death sequence, but you know that now don't you? :)

Some of my more frustrating deaths:

Chapter 5 - After activating Zero-G in the Coffin Processing Room and passing the fan blades, I forgot to thrust through the circular hatch open and got cut clean in half. Yay for having to start completely over.

Chapter 8 - Zero-G area where the Nest is at the end of the three fire rings. The explosive pods it sent out pushed me back into the fire. Hurray for the disc-switch infinite checkpoint.

Chapter 11 - After moving the giant red lasers out of the way to access the tunnel, I just died. Nothing hit me and I had full air. What a crock of shit that was. Good thing I have more than one controller.

Chapter 13 - Inside the Eye Poke Machine, my girlfriend decides it would be the perfect time to distract me. Shouldn't you be baking or something? I regain my focus only to be bleeding profusely from every orifice on my face. The doctor said it's HIV, but I will be fine. Honestly.

Chapter 15 - After killing the final boss, I could nearly smell victory. No, wait that is the smell of my guts plastered onto a giant floating rock. Arghhh

Places I thought would give me problems but didn't:

CH 10: Decontamination Room

CH 12: Drill Ride

CH 14: Regenerator

So my downfall was the environment, every time. This is why God didn't give humans the ability to fly. Now that I completed hardcore, my feet are staying firmly planted on Earth!

Edited by FSparacino4

On my Hardcore playthrough I only died once, and it was at the very end "boss fight" at the marker. Let those little shadowy bastards get the jump on me while I was trying to reload my force gun.

It was one of those moments that I have come accustomed to in Dead Space 2 when you are trying to heal yourself while still aiming and in turn you just end up sending out your kinesis beam several times.

Good thing I had my save before the eye-poke machine to fall back on. But I mean really ... I got all the way to the end and then splat.

At the first brute, I had blown off one of his arms, then sat around waiting for him to crawl or move to get and expose his other shoulder joint. So while waiting I was thinking I wonder if he still had his that spit attack, then suddenly his spits out that attack I was thinking about and blows me up good and I'm facepalming myself for not just statsis and running around him for an easy kill.

ya i feel u guys. i almost snapped when on one of the chapters that i waz on i shot a exploder that resuled me almost flying outside. the result waz it drew me closer to my death as i shot for my life i hit the switch. dam I ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK.

dammm they really upgraded the range for the exploders.

and the skill the leapers have amazing.

I died at my first encounter with the brat pack (damn kids). Had one stack of ammo and backed into the wrong corner (one came out of the wall behind me). I would have made it if I had went the other way. Haven't had a chance to try again.

i plan on completing hardcore at some point. til this point i tried it once and i was at the point where you get the stasis ability. i knew it was coming and i was ready to re-stasis the necro but my statis went under his armpit by a milimeter and he (more like she if you met my girlfriend) just killed me. well 40 minutes later i died at something so basic. a spot i had not died on my previous 3 runs zealot included. have not tried it since. do i really need DLC to beat it on hardcore? i think i would be shamed if i bought it just to get the chieve.

Don't know which pack has which but I have all 3. It definitly helps to have the suit with 15% on health packs and you get +15 inventory slots. Also the upgraded +10 fire damage weapons from the dlc help a bit if you are really trying to penny pinch on the game. I don't think you need them to beat hardcore though. Hardcore is different than every other playthrough because you die in the most random spots most of which you never die on in the other difficulties. I have died 5 seperate times now trying to make it without saving to 2nd disc.

1. Necro attacked me from behind before I got my suit from the store and it killed me in one hit when I had full health.

2. The exploder necros that carry the big ball got a little to close on chapter 4 in a room full of enemies and it killed me when I had full health in one hit. :(

3. After the train part where you hang upside down I've never died there but was focused on shooting a particular necro and he wasn't going down and once again an exploding necro with the ball killed me in one hit but he was pretty close and I didn't see him til it was too late and you can't get away so I was screwed.

4. The zero g part at the start of chapter 5 I thought I was gonna finally make it to the 2nd disc and got killed when you gotta go through the round door, lol. Tried to stasis it and as soon as I could fly through I did so using the thruster and still got cut in half when the door closed. gggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr wtf.

5. I got distracted by my gf in a hallway on chapter 3 I think and the crawler enemies with the tail melee attacked me and killed me in 2 hits. No attempts since, lol.

I died at the laser room! The laser room on chapter 13 that I have never died on before, on Normal and Zealot! And I wasn't even in the room! I was in the doorway getting ready to sprint when <SPHRLLL> YOU ARE FUCKING DEAD :eek:

Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow. And maybe this is a good thing. I did horrible in the drill ride and shit.:uzi:

I was also killed by the first brat pack, basically due to my own stupidity (trying to save up health packs). That wasn't the funny bit. Since I still had time, I thought I'll try again right there. I got killed running through the hospital, before 'Chapter 1' even appeared on the screen.

Then I decided 'Well, maybe not today'.

I am hating hardcore "hardcore". This 3 saves BS is just BS! I have not died at the hand of a single necro but lost probably 15 hours of my life to stupid carp like windows, space junk, and now I just ran into the damn red lasers in 13 because I jumped the gun after hitting it with stasis. Now it's off to bed because it's to damn late to make another run at it tonight. It's like the game makers said "Hey I got a great idea, lets take this game and suck all the fun out of it. Lets make it like a job where you have to set and watch the same damn cut schemes a 1000 times. Where a millisecond mistake cost the player hours of game play". I would much rather have it be 100 times harder than play the last 2.5 hours over again and again.:mad:

Now that I'm done venting I'm to go kick the dog and go to bed so I can do it all over again tomorrow.

Lol, I can't even begin to tell you how many times I died from stupid stuff. On my first run at HC, I made it to the end of chapt 3 and died from one of the exploders. I felt like I had a good distance from him, and I shot his exploding arm.....well let's just say I misjudged the distance. Then I made it to the first encounter with the stalkers, I got stuck on the wall for some reason and couldn't run away, and I died. Those are the 2 that really bothered me....otherwise, I think I died upwards of 5 times on my HC run. I'm just glad it's over now.

The one that got me at that part was the one that comes from the vent next to the door you're trying to get through. He didn't go "BWAAAAAAAAAH" until he was hurling his club fist up my ass since I was next to the vent.

Other stupid deaths include forgetting that you have to hold the left trigger to shoot in the Tormentor scene. Boy, was I happy.

Oh bugger...

I lost track of how many times I restarted from the very beginning... I never want to end up in a straight jacket....ever! Afraid I'll start dreaming of necromorphs...

• First swarm pack, trying to melee to save ammo...ugh.
  • first attempt at the eye poke machine...got nervous and rushed...forgot about the distance from the retina is on panel on the right...irk.
  • Damn yellow arm exploding guys
  • That bloody stupid laser room in chapter 13! Damn bugger Puker caught me off-guard as I was making a run for it, slowed me down just OUTSIDE the room...splat.

The drill ride had me absolutely terrified...then when I died in 13 and had to redo it...I almost cried. :(

And yes! Almost every death were in places that were no trouble at all on zealot even!! So took a little much for granted... Damn now I wish I had of waited, replayed zealot today with the finger gun and it was ridiculous!! :eek:

Edited by Opiate42

I personally didn't have problems with dying. But the one time i did die was chapter 14, in the zero G sequence with the slamming door things and that one enemy that shoots the red projectiles at you. The reason i had to restart that part was because of the power dying in my house, lol, which really frustrated me, so i guess i really didn't die, but it still pissed me off.

I personally didn't have problems with dying. But the one time i did die was chapter 14, in the zero G sequence with the slamming door things and that one enemy that shoots the red projectiles at you. The reason i had to restart that part was because of the power dying in my house, lol, which really frustrated me, so i guess i really didn't die, but it still pissed me off.

I'm calling BULLSHIT. It is possible to get lucky and not die but I don't believe you.