Achievement Guide

Serious Ninja

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not trying to be rude but if you play the game, its obvious, "number two headband" is the easy mode, and "number one headband" is hard, and also you can't even unlock "number one headband" until beating the game, so kind of makes sense that its assumed that most people would understand that right off the bat...

Hope that helps bro; if you need ne thing else feel free to hit me up on XBL...

I wanted to make sure cause I'm half way through again on number 1 and it doesn't seem any harder.

Thanks,

Ryan

Thanks for the guide, I just rented today, and hope to have it finished by tomorrow night. I haven't read every post, and I'm sure it is in here somewhere, but I just noticed that you can LVL select and pick up any momento's missed... I didn't read that in the guide, may want to add it to the first ACH description that if you miss one, not to worry too much, as you can go back to it without having to start the game over, or even finishing the level. Each momento stays in your inventory as you finish the levels. As soon as you get #5 on any level you can quit if you have beaten it already.

Might want to add a note on Doppleganger about the first memento, if you die while fighting Afrobot, you must go back and get the first one again, it doesn't save if you die. I know I got all 5 while going through the level, but I did die my 1st time fighting Afrobot, and at the end I only had 4. Reloaded the level, and the first one was still there.

Edited by Midnight Malice

Here's a Youtube video for the more visual crowd...:woop:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-AYpZ0cmfk]YouTube - Afro Samurai Game - All the Poker Straight Flush Achievements[/ame]

Kind of wished I got a chance to make another video but this guy did such a great job putting one together I didn't take the time.:)

The only achievements I have left are completionist and kensei. If I start a new game on Hard will that erase the number of kills I already have, or does the count keep running?

Edit: I just took a chance and you can continue your progress onto a new game if anyone else was wondering.

Edited by Zytokis

So I need help on the Empty Seven's Story.

I am playing on Hard and at the part where you fight wave after fucking wave. Its hard since you only get 1 life bear thing. So any tips on beating this level.

Does the bear regenerate or do I have to get lucky?

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it. I let the big guys charge and fall off the ledge. It was stupid and cheap but I don't care I got past it.

Edited by joshnorm

Whatever works man... if they can fall off, then so can you, and it is part of the game.

On a side note... these Straight Flush achievements have given me probably one of the biggest sense of accomplishments of any achievements in any game Ive played... and I only have 2 as of this post... and they are probably the easiest 2 lol.

EDIT: Got all the straight flush last night, and am a littl emore than halfway through my hard play. I should be able to return this sometime today with the full 1000 thanks to everyone that posted in here, you all were a huge help. Especially CrustyDirtDemon, thanks for taking extra time to help me through some tough spots.

Edited by Midnight Malice

Got a small tip if you are having trouble on hard... If you are very close to death... like 1 more hit ad you are gone, hold block. Doesn't always work against bosses, but your life will slowly recharge just enough to where one more hit wont kill you. You can hold off crowds by maintailing block until you get enough health to go back on the offensive. I did this on the last bridge in Doppleganger when I was having trouble getting past the last of the ninjas. Died 4 or 5 times, then used this, and passed it.

For the Hundred Head Hunter, am I allowed to do the parry, then jump on their shoulders and slice their head off? Or do I have to do it just while in focus mode, while on the ground?

Yes, that works. I got the achievement right after chomping off a guys head this way.

i love the guide and ive been usen it ever since i got the game im stuck on one momento! 4. (Right Wall Area) The memento is located on the first ledge after jumping up the intial rock that comes out of the wall, once up on the first ledge head left to the furthest most ledge, and there will be the memento. <----i cant find this ive tryed for 30 mins looken all over for it right when i pull the switch and the rock comes out i jump on it then jump back and forth up to the ledge wall run to left and its not there where is it PLZ HELP!!

nvm i founded it!

Edited by Vampiremax999

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/615/UP-REi4=.jpg

Hundred Head Hunter 20G

Slice off 100 heads with a bonus.

Just go into "Focus" Mode and push and hold the "X" button and aim for the head. Just do that 100 times.

Its been my experience that its far easier to Perfect Parry followed by a pounce, then hold the X button to lob their heads off. I'm not quite sure what the hell this bonus is that it keeps asking for but I barely cut any heads with Focus and I got this achievement.

First off, great guide guys, it helped me with some of my achievements, but I need a bit of help with the The Samurai Ghost memento achievement in "THE EMPTY SEVEN'S STORY". I got the first memento before the elevator ride and I got the memento on the right side before the boss cube. I tried to get the memento in the middle from the right side, but Afro won't wall run and jump on the ledge nor will he grab it by jumping from the perch. So my question is, can you get back down to the floor from the top to get the left and middle mementos? Because it seems that every time that I try it always puts me back on the ledge that I jumped from. This happens no matter which memento that I try to get first, whether it's the left, middle or right

I for the life of me can't cut off heads unless it is by accident. I "aim" for their neck or head, and instead of that line being the point of cutting, I slice way over them. It sucks! Any tips on how exactly to aim?

++++

Nevermind the move where you jump on them and slice off their head via parry, A, then X worked wonders. Thanks to original person who asked that question and to the one who answered.

Edited by Tyger7
figured it out

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/615/UPs5wZc=.jpg

This Little Piggy 10G

Slice off fingers and toes at the same time.

This is a Random achievement. You need to do a Vertical Slice to do it. Use diffrent strategys such as aiming to the very left or right. Between going through the story and actually atempting this you will unlock it eventually.

This can be easily done by doing the XXX combo and quickly activating focus mode right after the third hit and holding Y for a perfect vertical slice. Just make sure to turn the left thumbstick to the very left.

If done right, Afro will perform an upward Vertical slice that will likely cut the enemy's fingers and toes. Also make sure to hit the enemy with the combo so that he/she spreads his/her arms and legs.

I did it in no time during the first chapter.

Edited by Moldredd

caN anybody help me find the number 5 memento on doppelganger? ive looked all over, and i have all the others...all except this ONE!...ive been thru this board so many times, but yet still end up at the final bridge w the 5 samurai, without finding it. please help!