Shelly Berger?

I think this is the last random survivor I need & i saw the abandoned neighborhood but it's sending me there for fuel & the neighborhood isnt exactlly abandoned I got swarmed by 22 walkers coming out of every backyard. So is this the right neighborhood or does she appear in a help a survivor mission not some random fuel mission. I think Im one of the minority who like this game overall, Im just confused.

I think this is the last random survivor I need & i saw the abandoned neighborhod but it's sending me there for fuel & the neighborhood isnt exactlly abandoned I got swarmed by 22 walkers coming out of every backyard. So is this the right neighborhood or does she appear in a help a survivor mission not some random fuel mission. I think Im one of the minority who like this game overall, Im just confused.

I got Shelly Berger yesterday, abandoned neighborhood doesn't mean "no walkers". It's kinda hard to tell if you are in the right place, you have to sneak and look for a house with a black door, then enter and pray for the girl to be here. If not, just dashboard and try again...

As far as I remember, it was a scavenge mission. Good luck then.

By the way, any tips for Gloria Garcia? I've been looking for her for hours with no luck :(

I got Shelly Berger yesterday, abandoned neighborhood doesn't mean "no walkers". It's kinda hard to tell if you are in the right place, you have to sneak and look for a house with a black door, then enter and pray for the girl to be here. If not, just dashboard and try again...

As far as I remember, it was a scavenge mission. Good luck then.

By the way, any tips for Gloria Garcia? I've been looking for her for hours with no luck :(

No real tips for Gloria I can think of. I can tell you I did grab her right before Sherwood after stopping for fuel one stop before Sherwood. I was doing backroads with the police sedan and only had Blake in my group.

Thanks for the tip. I had run out of gas so I guess it wasn't a normal scavenge mission. I tried to break thru fences to enter houses & I was able to get into 2 of them but the houses were full of walkers. This small street had more walkers in a small area than any other place I've seen in my 2 playthroughs of the game. As for Gloria, I stumbled across her survivor rescue mission but she got killed by walkers so I couldnt bring her. She was standing on a train car.

Thanks for the tip. I had run out of gas so I guess it wasn't a normal scavenge mission. I tried to break thru fences to enter houses & I was able to get into 2 of them but the houses were full of walkers. This small street had more walkers in a small area than any other place I've seen in my 2 playthroughs of the game. As for Gloria, I stumbled across her survivor rescue mission but she got killed by walkers so I couldnt bring her. She was standing on a train car.

Yeah the thing about Gloria is that as soon as you see her and you see her drop down off the train car you need to kill the walkers quickly otherwise she dies off. Just gotta blaze through them that's all.

No real tips for Gloria I can think of. I can tell you I did grab her right before Sherwood after stopping for fuel one stop before Sherwood. I was doing backroads with the police sedan and only had Blake in my group.

Thanks, I finally got her just before Sherwood.

@SabadoGigante: If she dies, just let you killed by walkers, the level will restart and give you another chance ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Shelly Berger is not in the walker free zone, that is a house next to a diner that is empty. Shelly is found in a neighborhood full of walkers. You have to load the game until she appears. Dying never made her appear for me. If you leave with no fuel she will appear eventually.

Edited by Skedar2023
missed one detail

The girl in the neighborhood (with the long alley) will only spawn if you start the map with a chainlink fence to your right. Otherwise you'll be starting at the opposite end for any other type of mission you'd be doing in that locale.

The key to getting these random missions is to have a LOT of fuel. Because then your "stops" along your trip will be more likely to be random survivor missions. And take the back roads, which also raising the random survivor mission chance because you're lowering the chance that a mission will be a "your car broke, fix it" mission...the game would instead take a normal scavenge mission and convert it into a random survivor mission. If you're low on gas or take the highways, the game kinda steals away those random missions because you NEED gas to keep going and the highway is sorta designed to break your car down to penalize you for trying to save gas. Just redo that stretch of road until you get it.

If you have like damn a near a full tank by scavenging for gas in EVERY mission (it's usually always in the same spots), sending survivors out to scavenge for gas (only if you are using that Relic to help them bring back more stuff...because 1 fuel ain't gonna help much, lol), as well as picking the lumber yard mission due to a submission in their rewarding you with a nice chunk of gas....you're pretty much a lock. I've heard some that use this method got ALL of them in one playthrough.

Edited by crunchb3rry