Is this game worth it?

ArcticInf3rno

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this game soley because my girlfriend (an avidly obsessed X-Men fan/wannabe) wanted to play it and it was going cheap (can't remember how much exactly). It is an alright game, but not one to waste money on. For X-Men fans, I think it might be worth it, but from a gaming POV, just try rent it from somewhere.

It is a short game, both me & my girlfriend managed to complete a playthrough each on the middle diffculty in a day. It is repetitive, and frankly, it gets a bit boring after a while.

Edited by DrNibby

The game has an interesting story, alright graphics, and some appealing characteristics (EX: new mutant powers). However I don't think it is worth buying. It is definetly worth renting though just to hear the story, and to see the new characters/powers. Be prepared however as the game is extremely repetetive. Your soul purpose in the game is to beat up everyone in section A, then move on to section B, beat up everyone there, and continue this until the end of the game. Challenge rooms are usually stumbled upon with no real indication of their existence. If you fail the challenge rooms you are pushed out of them with no ability to replay them in the story mode. However you can access them from the main menu, or replay them by replaying a level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The game has an interesting story, alright graphics, and some appealing characteristics (EX: new mutant powers).

I don't know what game you played, its an uninspired 3 hour game with minecraft like explosions, it is pure laziness, so don't waste your time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone considered comparing this game to previous X-Men games, instead of "all" games ever made? I mean... if you're going to dis the game, at least compare it to previous X-Men games (apples-to-apples) - if you've played all the others.

I played/beat (and still have) "X-Men The Official Game" - and THAT was terrible! The entire game wasn't terrible (there were some good parts)... but I haven't played it since I got all 1000gs out of it (if that tells you anything else about it)!!

Since this game is going to hit the hard-to-find list (people buying-up or keeping their copy of the game, with the court-ruling and all)... I'll be looking to pick-up a copy of the game (on disc, not GoD). At least when I'm done with the game... I can try and sell it. I couldn't sell "X-Men The Official Game." Perhaps "Destiny" will be more in demand?!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't think that much of it really. It was alright at first, when you focus on the story and game play but when you take a step back and actually take a look at everything it kinda blows. The first thing I noticed was the poor quality finish on Adrians face (I checked it out on HDMI as well to see the difference). Although it is a pretty decent game, there's like no replay-ability other than to collect everything. X-genes are pretty disappointing considering they could've been a LOT better but ow well I guess. I'm not a games developer. I wouldn't pay full price for this. No chance in hell, I picked it up for £8 and I think that's a reasonable price.

I still hold a fondness of the Silicon Knights guys for Legacy of Kain. It was a terrific game. I still remember loading it up on my parents computer and being astounded at just how bad I was as a main character, I killed civilians for my health. I routinely killed characters trying to do the right thing for my own powers. In the end I was a vampire to be respected. Now this, people saying that SK only does crappy games. I will give it a try when it hits the bargain bin out of respect for my teens. I'll even buy it new.............. for <$20.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...