Best Kinect game for losing weight/working out?

iheardUrip1

Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures are pretty lame, and Your Shape is honestly targeted more towards women (ball breaker and the generic boxing exercises get old quick). Honestly one of the most fun games for Kinect that I wanted to come back to was Rise of Nightmares. It is awful, yes. But if you can watch B movies you can play RoN and it will have you hacking and slashing for hours. (:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dance Central is definitely the best workout for me personally because I used to dance. I think if dance is one of your interests it's probably one of the best games to play because it's more fun than work- it's easier to motivate yourself if it's something fun.

I have used a combination of Kinect titles such as the "Dance Central" games (especially DC2 and DC3 because they track calories and work with the free Kinect PlayFit app). I have also used "Your Shape Fitness Evolved" and "YSFE 2012". I really like those two titles, but both have several noticable bugs that Ubisoft just doesn't seem to want to fix (even though I've reported some of the errors multiple times). I pre-ordered "Nike+ Kinect Training" from the Microsoft Store website recently after trying out the demo. I really liked it, so I am excited to try out a new set of workouts using "Nike+ Kinect Training". I also downloaded the free iPhone app which will connect with "Nike+ Kinect Training". Hoping for good things out of this one!

I really want to play UFC Personal Trainer after reading so many testimonials, but the fact that it has an glitched/unobtainable achievement turns me off.

a single glitched achievement isnt a good enough reason to not pick up a game 8P

Workout games are supposed to work you out. not boost ur Gamerscore.. however the GS is a plus :)

• 2 weeks later...

Since this thread isnt completely dead yet, I'll chime in. I've found that running through the Reflex Ridge levels 2 times is a good cardio workout if you actually get into it. Jump when you are on the lifts and at every opportunity. It won't take too long but will certainly get the heart rate up.

I am looking forward to checking out the Nike game and Zumba. It will be ugly. Very ugly. :)

I love the dancing games, but I've tried Your Shape 2012 which is also pretty good. I like having the variety so I don't get bored doing the same workout over and over again.

I'm in the same boat. I have a few fitness-style games (Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012, Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout, Just Dance 3). I'd say the fitness ones themselves are more geared towards actual fitness - but they get REALLY boring if you play the same one over and over again.

I'd recommend having a selection and mixing up your routine. Variety keeps your interest up and will prevent you from stopping in future due to boredom.

If you want only 1 - My favourite would be Fitness Evolved due to the variety it has within it. I'd go for that.

They really need to make a p90x or insanity game that measures your progress, does an approximate calorie count and keeps track of your form. Could be a killer app for something like kinect.

I'd be in for that. Especially if you get the t-shirt if it's an Insanity game. :)

I just picked up Nike+ Kinect today and the first workout was pretty good. It certainly kicked my tail, but I'm a pack and a half a day smoker and haven't really done any exercise for over a year aside from the odd mile or so run once in a while. I can see this one being fun enough with the different exercises and challenges. You just need an appropriate place to pllay. It is perfect for people like me who are a little self conscious at the local gym.

• 4 weeks later...

In trying most of the workout games, I found that Nike+ has worked the best because it has kept me the most motivated. The four-week schedule that it uses is a good way to track progress better than most of the other games. You don't have to link it to your other Nike+ activities; it does function as a stand-alone exercise program. However, the "fun" level on this game is generally pretty low. If you're looking for something with a little more entertainment quality, the Dance Central series, as many other have suggested, is a great way to get up and active.

In trying most of the workout games, I found that Nike+ has worked the best because it has kept me the most motivated. The four-week schedule that it uses is a good way to track progress better than most of the other games. You don't have to link it to your other Nike+ activities; it does function as a stand-alone exercise program. However, the "fun" level on this game is generally pretty low. If you're looking for something with a little more entertainment quality, the Dance Central series, as many other have suggested, is a great way to get up and active.

I got Nike this Christmas and am pretty stoked to get started with it. Should start it shortly after the new year.

Anyone tried the new Nike+ kinect? Wondering how well it works

I've been pretty satisfied with it. It has a good overall training design, and it seems to track ground exercises, like pushups, better than either YSFE or EA Sports Active (the only other two Kinect workout programs I have experience with).

To me, the strong suit for all of these Kinect programs is the cardio, and that's mostly what I use them for. The Nike workouts can get repetitive, but that's just kind of the nature of workouts of any sort. I like to go back and forth between Nike and YSFE for variety.

Edited by Tal
clarification

• 3 weeks later...