Your Interpretation of People (On Here/Forums)

Br0kenAssass1n

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I used to play MMO's and chat over vent, I found that was when my imagination was most active. Once you hear a persons voice in your ears for hours out of your day, I would think it would be difficult to not try and construct some sort of appearance for them.

I always got a kick when it was late night sharing time and the myspace's, facebooks, all of of the pictures were thrown out there. I would say usually I'm way off base.

As for on the forums, it's been a while since I was on one every day of the week, 24/7 so my mind doesn't dwell on what I think so and so acts or looks like in real life.

I probably used to do that when I was a member of Gaia.

Let's never mention that again.

^-^

chat over vent, I found that was when my imagination was most active. Once you hear a persons voice in your ears for hours out of your day, I would think it would be difficult to not try and construct some sort of appearance for them.

Why am i getting some wierd thoughts? of you sitting in your chair like oo he has a nice rough deep voice i bet hes got big muscles and long blonde hair <3 then you go cry yourself to sleep when u find out hes not later. Lol

I do this aswell, especially if you play a lot with them on Live.

(Still wonder what Taillear looks like, I can't make an image for him).

As for the other posts, I can only imagine who you're talking about ;)

If my paranoia is right for once, I'm a cunt and I know it, so what? If you want to think it, fair enough, I'll be like that when it's needed for whatever reason, I can be okay sometimes no matter how unlikely it seems :biglaugh xD

I've said a lot of stupid things on this forum and others. It may or may not speak volumes about my intelligence, I don't know. And I also come off as hostile to people who don't really know me. Especially on the xbox.com/forums.

I remember joining a game with one friend and he was speaking to someone about me and said, "Yeah, he's really hostile sometimes." Which I thought was funny because I consider myself easy going, just flat-out blunt.

Back on topic:

There's actually one person on this site I try to avoid based on some of the previous posts of his that I have read. He seems like such a **** that I go out of my way to avoid confrontation with him. The majority of people (unless they're friends of mine) I don't label in any kind of way.

I've said a lot of stupid things on this forum and others. It may or may not speak volumes about my intelligence, I don't know. And I also come off as hostile to people who don't really know me. Especially on the xbox.com/forums.

I remember joining a game with one friend and he was speaking to someone about me and said, "Yeah, he's really hostile sometimes." Which I thought was funny because I consider myself easy going, just flat-out blunt.

Back on topic:

There's actually one person on this site I try to avoid based on some of the previous posts of his that I have read. He seems like such a **** that I go out of my way to avoid confrontation with him. The majority of people (unless they're friends of mine) I don't label in any kind of way.

LOL, who is this one person. Everybody on this site seems to have this "one person" even "the person" has a "person" they don't like lol. I just confused myself with that last sentence :-P. I don't hold a grudge about any bad comments said about me by someone, I just forgive and forget lol. Except you know that one "person".

Edited by jamie1000013

LOL, who is this one person. Everybody on this site seems to have this "one person" even "the person" has a "person" they don't like lol. I just confused myself with that last sentence :-P. I don't hold a grudge about any bad comments said about me by someone, I just forgive and forget lol. Except you know that one "person".

I'm intrigued also, shall we start an investigation? Maybe it IS Vlad. We'll start there.

@Elite. I'm not trying to say anything. Also, it's irritating when people shorten your name, isn't it?

Yes, I kind of do. But it takes a few days of posting with a person or so for me to really get an image of what I think they are like. Though I am new to these forums I have been a member of another forum site for 3-5 years, it has been so long I can't remember exactly haha, but I defiantly get it in my mind what someone's personality is like IRL or what they look like from what they post online. Though I suppose this is a pretty narrow view of a person to really make that assumption, but hey what are you gonna do it happens lol!

I definatley do this, not on looks though. just personality and age.

I only really remember those people I think are really cool guys and gals and as for the "One Guy" I sorta have my guy/gal and sorta don't. There's a fairly regular name that I see mentioned a lot and a see a lot of his/her posts but I find that I never agree with his opinions and they are always border line spam but so far no official punishment so I know he/her isn't a problem and it's just me not liking someone.

Ps Just to settle things he hasn't yet posted on this thread.

Oh and if you have ever had any judgements about me feel free to share (publicly or privately) I'm able to take critasicism. (Although loads and loads of compliments will be much better.)

Oh boy I'm going to be that guy but here I go...I've built up a mental image on various users and I WILL NAME NAMES...though not to insult. I can only imagine what some of you think of me...;>_>

Barbaric Goose...it's your avatar ._. I see Steve Jobs and I'm automatically picturing him typing these messages. And the thing is...I hate Steve Jobs, he's such an arrogant prick that throws his products out there and if something's wrong with it, you can go ahead and blame him. Especially "claiming the Iphone as the best portable gaming console"...talk about trying to fill big shoes. Though as a person, I view you as an intellectual with a snarky attitude which isn't a bad thing. If I'd have to make a guess on your actual appearance...I'd probably be dead wrong.

Saiyu ..I can't remember if you're the guy from Germany or not, but I know someone that started with an S used to have this guy in his avatar that looked like James Franco and whenever he posted, I always pictured James Franco .__. though he was kind of an everyguy kind of nice person so I didn't have any negative image of him. James Franco works!

Takamura Bear...one of the people I socialize most with on this site I view as...well, since I haven't seen pictures ;>_> I kind of view him as a uh...anime character! X_X; Actually lol...that black guy he had in his signature (on two seperate occassions) is what I sometimes picture him as...;>___> the one with the moving head, kind of reminded me of Paul Mooney but I'm probably wrong.

TitansofWar ...I haven't talked with this guy in forever but...he always seemed like an old fashioned republican. ;>_> he's very right-wing and not to be offensive...but I viewed him as older than most people on this site.

And then there's that one girl I really disliked, I can NOT remember her name but she always entered every topic with a negative remark about it. She finally got banned and her account was returned, but she hasn't posted since that point. She was pretty popular around here from what I heard...and very egotistical about her appearance (she assumed every gamer wanted a piece of her just cause she was a woman...yeah right...lol).

As for me, well I come off in many different forms. Sometimes completely idiotic and sometimes I make myself out like a know-it-all. But I try to be as nice as possible and be the good guy without pissing off a lot of people. I hope I'm not seen as a giant turd .___.; I mean I'm in the Faces thread and I used to have my Hollow Mask picture for the longest while...if anything, I'd like to be viewed as uh...hm...something pleasant.

This topic has me paranoid ;>_> people not mentioning names yet I'm the one who actually said a few...not trying to be offensive (but I tried REALLY HARD not to be overly bad with Iconolaust or whatever, the girl I mentioned and Titan...both rude people in their own right).

Barbaric Goose...as a person, I view you as an intellectual with a snarky attitude which isn't a bad thing. If I'd have to make a guess on your actual appearance...I'd probably be dead wrong.

I wouldn't call myself snarky. In fact, it's quite difficult to make me mad. I'm very passionate about certain things, though. Passion is, unfortunately, often confused with anger, or "QQ," as some would say. I hate those people, by the way. They should buy a dictionary. And then hit themselves in the face with it.

very egotistical about her appearance (she assumed every gamer wanted a piece of her just cause she was a woman...yeah right...lol).

Hell, I wanted a piece of her; she was a good lookin' girl. But no more than I wanted, say, a piece of cake. Now Christina Hendricks, that's a woman. And that is a woman that I would like quite a bit more than a piece of cake.

You aren't alone in thinking this way; sometimes I come up with a mental image of someone based on how well they use grammer when they post. If they can make a well thought out post or start a thread that hasn't been touched upon before that actually sparks a discussion, then I tend to think that person has some intelligence. However if they can't even use the English language correctly let alone intelligently, I tend to think of them as an idiot. Sometimes I do this with people in real life but I keep my opinions to myself unless they are a famous person.

lolzs i ageree with yu lulz i h8 when nubz dun speak proper enlish.

TitansofWar ...I haven't talked with this guy in forever but...he always seemed like an old fashioned republican. ;>_> he's very right-wing and not to be offensive...but I viewed him as older than most people on this site.

(Now, firstly, this isn't intended to be trolling or flaming, the guy knows what I think of him and I know what he thinks of me, he's free to respond here calling me everything under the Sun and I won't reply. (Or through PM or message, I don't care). Plus I'm genuinely speaking the truth from what I've personally experienced with him.)

But, I have to agree on that.

We had a 'discussion', it just proved to me that he's very right wing, stupid and actually really quite immature. (Plus look at his posts, he's always just trolling ffs).

Apparently just because you're "only" 18, you obviously haven't gone through a lot of shit, more shit than someone 3 times your age I'm willing to bet. Yeah, he actually used my age, (whilst knowing pretty much nothing about me), to deem that he had "won" our little discussion. The immature part is that I explained why I fucked up my exams, then in the thread about exam results he had a little snipe at me.

People that do stuff like that should just be ignored imo.

Haha, your first point about Barbaric Goose I can get :p

Goose, I actually like your posts and I really like the way that you come across as intelligent and like you think your posts out, but man, the Steve Jobs avatar gets me everytime :biglaugh

(Also, massive kudos for the Christina Hendricks mention :))

As for you TV, your walls of text are good to read and you seem to have good points.

Haha, you're not the only one that's paranoid because of this, I can only imagine what some of you guys think about me. (Haha, feel free to speak your minds though about me, I really would rather you say than not).

Nah, I don't. I always end up guessing wrong or end up disappointed. The thing that bothers me the most is how guys always give a girl a lot of attention. These gentlemen see the female's picture and go all crazy for it. I see it and I'm wondering, "Man, these guys are desperate." In cases like that then I guess the guys are very mediocre looking. I end up being right 100% of the time. Yes, I judge men. :D

As far as attitudes go, I believe this forum has the most kind and mature users in between the gaming forums that I visit.

The people over at TA would disagree with you there. ;)

Now this thread is getting interesting. Thanks to a few name mentions so I'll judge a few.

Titans.

Just don't like the sneaky snarky remarks he makes and I find him very provocative.

Deadly Moves

Now heres a guy who can come flying into a thread all guns blazing. Speaks his mind though and I find it funny.

Barbaric.

I like how your opinion can turn a thread around. You do come off as an intellect though which is a compliment.

Vlad

You could make a nun swear. But again you say things that others want to say so it's always fun to watch you battling it out.

T.V.

You certainly stood out from the rest when you first arrived with your huge writings. You seem a happy chap who doesn't mind expressing himself.

Gorrila Stomper

I love this guys posts. 90% of the time he says things that make me laugh. Proper little manc. A little tough nut that looks out for himself.

Oh and there are a few jamies here at the moment that all seem to be football mad and again seem like good lads.

Minty is an ass but sheesh we all know that. He is like a silent wolf that when he pounces it's for the kill. Only because he has other wolfs watching and laughing. I do like his style though.

Shit I could go on for-ever. So many more to write about. Might do a bunch more later if everyone else keeps this going. Thanks to T.V. this thread could get very interesting.

(Now, firstly, this isn't intended to be trolling or flaming, the guy knows what I think of him and I know what he thinks of me, he's free to respond here calling me everything under the Sun and I won't reply. (Or through PM or message, I don't care). Plus I'm genuinely speaking the truth from what I've personally experienced with him.)

But, I have to agree on that.

We had a 'discussion', it just proved to me that he's very right wing, stupid and actually really quite immature. (Plus look at his posts, he's always just trolling ffs).

Apparently just because you're "only" 18, you obviously haven't gone through a lot of shit, more shit than someone 3 times your age I'm willing to bet. Yeah, he actually used my age*, (whilst knowing pretty much nothing about me), to deem that he had "won" our little discussion. The immature part is that I explained why I fucked up my exams, then in the thread about exam results he had a little snipe at me.

People that do stuff like that should just be ignored imo.

If you want to ignore me then why make a post about me? Seems very illogical to me. Also, you're lucky I'm self-conceded enough to search for my own name or I never would have found your post(s).

Some of you get my humour, whilst others do not, and to the latter I am simply a 'troll'. I see nothing 'troll'-like in pointing out when someone is being incredibly stupid [please see my signature], but in all forums you get White Knights who love to protect the weak brained.

On Topic: For me, people fall into two catergories - annoying & 'I-can't-remember-their-names'. I assume If I start posting the names I can remember I will get banned, so I will resist the urge to list Vladimirk, Jamie1000013, TVthePunisher and Carmona25

*I'd just like to point out that I didn't claim to have 'won' the argument because of your age. I was simply stating that your childishly hippie argument was a sign of your age, and it was a phase you would grow out of. Rebelling against 'the man' is only cool when you're young.

And then there's that one girl I really disliked, I can NOT remember her name but she always entered every topic with a negative remark about it. She finally got banned and her account was returned, but she hasn't posted since that point. She was pretty popular around here from what I heard...and very egotistical about her appearance (she assumed every gamer wanted a piece of her just cause she was a woman...yeah right...lol).

Finally, something I don't want to mock you about. Her name was Iconoclast, or something similar, and she was the most annoying poster I have witnessed on any board.

Edited by TitansWar

I was simply stating that your childishly hippie argument was a sign of your age, and it was a phase you would grow out of. Rebelling against 'the man' is only cool when you're young.

Agree to disagree here. Being a hippie or "rebelling against the man" has nothing to do with age or growing up. Don't even know why people have the tendency to attach a "thing" to age. I generally find that to be an asinine thing to do.