"Official" Bitching Thread

iBuzz7S

The one think that pisses me off more than anything is their inability to be able to match the moving lips with what they are saying. Its so painful to watch I try to look through the person when they are talking so it doesn't stand out as much!

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing the very first N7 MISSION (only 3h in) --> Please Insert Disc 2.

...after that...

Doing the very first MAIN-PLOT MISSION (after Mars) --> Please Insert Disc 1.

Whoa, really?

http://i.imgur.com/KffH8.gif

None of my fucking choices imported. That really has me pissed. Like... beyond belief. Didn't have the saves on the cloud either.

Haven't picked up the game yet, but if it happens to me..

http://i.imgur.com/LPpQk.gif

Still in the beginning stages... I was a little perturbed that I couldn't get one of my main Shep faces from ME1 to import, but I have a couple of alternate facecodes from customizing my Sheps in ME2 that are pretty close so I'm not as upset as some others are.

I think the graphics are beautiful, much better than in the demo, and the cinematic cuts really show it off, but I think about 15 minutes went by between completing the first mission after leaving Earth and getting to the next destination (trying not to be too spoilery) where you couldn't pause or save. I had to pee and my phone kept buzzing lol, and I didn't want to move in case the cin. stopped!

Really annoyed with taking cover being such a pain. It was so easy in ME1... or maybe I just got used to it that way.

Not looking forward to all the disc changes I keep hearing about. Maybe I'll try to hold off on N7 missions until they rack up and do as many as possible all together?

Edited by jkthunder

Not really complaining yet, but just an observation. I just got to the Citadel and so far the whole beginning of the game that I've played up to this point has been pretty tame, which is my polite way of saying boring.

The whole thing on earth could've been so much more exciting, dramatic, and emotional. Get us really fired up. But I was just meh.

My hope is that the beginning is slow and that it picks up story-wise from here. Oh, and there better be some twists and turns in the plot cuz so far it's been predictable and straightforward (granted it's still the beginning...).

Well im glad everyone has minor complaints or are enjoying the game so far. My UPS delivery guy left my pretty shiny Collectors at my neighbors door, when i went to check, it was gone and no one is home. He missed my building even though the address is on the package. Today is a DARK day for Breed...after securing a LAST minute CE i get it taken by someone else.

Im keeping my eye out for the lights to come on before i go over asking to see if he received a package that he will deny receiving, lol.

Will Keep You Updated what happens, keep checking back!

Ok, fucking seriously. Targeting items and stuff in ME3 is atrocious. I hope Bioware fixes this. I find myself having to step away, and forward, and back and forward 2-3 times before I can click on anything. Whomevers decision it was to not let you click an item when you're really close to it should be fired. That's ass design. Trying to click the broker terminal with Liara standing right there too was a chore.

Be sure to turn on subtitles. I've had audio for dialog skip out on playing several times now, especially for Normandy missions from the yeoman.

[spoiler=what the hell]

HOW DOES EVERYONE KNOW LIARA IS THE SHADOW BROKER?

I hate what they did to EDI. This relationship with Joker is creepy. A robot asking me how to trick a man in to loving it is amusing, but, kind of really lame.

I've managed to have my AI allies derp out and get stuck in walls now. EDI was really interested in a corner for almost 10 minutes straight, until I found the sweet spot waypoint for her to run to. It's mostly annoying because I'm on insanity right now.

lmfao, the best is next to your post you have that pic of shepard with a shit eating grin on his face. not gonna lie, i did have a little hostility toward vega before i played the game (seems weird adding him in for the last game). but i left my mind open, i have always loved my crew and dialogued instensly with them, so i figured why not talk with him and get to know who "james" really is.

ya calling me loco lost him some points, along with saying "pendaho" and stuff like that. one thing i absolutely did not like, is what he did on the end of the mars misson (not giving anything away:p). im hoping over time he will grow on me. have you noticed how unnecesarily ripped that guy is? lol i was watching him to chin-ups forever, apparently he is just working out until you want to talk / kill things.

I love that Shepard smile. It's a bit difficult to be taken seriously with that jackass smiling though lol.

He'd be a great character if he wasn't given some annoying dialogue. I'd rather him call me Brother like Dog the Bounty Hunter does every other sentence.

Ok, fucking seriously. Targeting items and stuff in ME3 is atrocious. I hope Bioware fixes this. I find myself having to step away, and forward, and back and forward 2-3 times before I can click on anything. Whomevers decision it was to not let you click an item when you're really close to it should be fired. That's ass design. Trying to click the broker terminal with Liara standing right there too was a chore.

I have found it very difficult to target Galaxy Map when I am back on the Normandy. Its not funny!

Any suggestions? Its starting to frustrate me.

Not pleased with a few things -

1. The Normandy. I hate this version of the ship. In ME2, it felt very cozy, organic, and there was rarely a moment where I didn't want to be on the ship. ME3's Normandy... every time I step onto it I want to turn around, approach the Alliance engineers responsible for retrofitting it, and demand they PUT EVERYTHING BACK!!!

2. Don't like how few companions I have this time around and even more by the limited amount of alien races to accompany me. Loved having Thane and Legion with me simply because they weren't humans or the same companions from ME1. Not to mention, w/o that dlc, you're limited even more. And I don't find that companion as interesting as they really should be. All in all, I want my suicide team back... except for Zaheed... he can stay in the corner ;).

3. What are you looking at? A couple times now, besides when Shep ask about Glyph, either Shep or the person he's talking to will be looking to the left/right. I'm finding it a little hard to take in the dramatic or action sections when this happens. Damn space butterflies distracting Shep!

Haven't beaten it yet but a little afraid bout the ending. Some people have said it's sub-par or bad but I'm hoping that won't be the case. Also had a lot of people say their companions died in ME2 when I saved them all in my 1st run so we'll see :)

I don't like the new Normandy, what I really don't like about it is how you whenever you go to and from the war room or whatever you need to go through that stupid x-ray like machine. It is so annoying needing to stand there for a few seconds, I mean it is his ship. Why does he need to go through it? I also don't like how messy the new Normandy is, with tubes and boxes just piled up.

Whoa, really?

LMAO nice gif. ;) Yeah but make that a +100% cause I've been doing this for the last 5 missions quite often. For real. Guess THIS IS THE WAY THEY TRYING TO AVOID "VIDEO GAME PIRACY!".

Paaah instead they should have implemented a certain code to ensure you have the original retail version. What a fucking joke ey...

Don't know if I will max this one. I maxed the first two including all DLC. Just the integrated emphasis on MP has gotten me so turned off.

You don't "have" to do the multiplayer. The only thing it will do is give you a better ending. I have the strategy guide. I can't 100% guarantee it yet, but I have found no sources to tell me any achievement is online only. Also, it's just "wave mode". Achievements for Gears, Halo, Modern Warfare, etc have been included in a enemy wave based gametype. Nothing new, just new to the franchise.

Not sure why there is so much hate on this!

Whoa, really?

I didn't know I could read lips until now.

I wasnt able to start playing right away when I got the game, but I finished Mars not long ago. I'm really enjoying it so far but I dont think i like the changes to the Normandy either. Same ship. why change it? I guess some changes were needed to add in the war room, though it could have been just as easy to add that functionality into a terminal in another room, maybe even the map room. Definately would have been enough room there.

I do agree with the above guy^^^. They could have made the CIC into the war room. The console could switch from the galaxy map, to the normandy hologram, and to the functionality of the war room. The save game corruption thing should be a non issue though. WTF would you put your saves on the cloud for? Flash drives are practically free now. You can get a 4gb at walmart for $8. There is no excuse for lost/corrupt saves. What I would like to bitch about is all the people coming on here asking stupid questions instead of just using they're own brains/playing the game. It's like instead of thinking about the answer they come on here as soon as they have a question instead of thinking about it for second. I thought this site was about getting achievements and helping people getting achievements. So why do people come on here to have questions answered that they could figure out if they just played the game instead of coming on here and asking about it at the first sign of something they might have to use they're own brain to figure out? i think what we need is a thread like "questions about mass effect 3 that you could answer yourself just by playing the game instead of being lazy".

Edited by rapture23

Why the fuck does EA offer those MP packs for MSP instead of making it exclusive to in-game money. This is where the hacking of gamertags began with EA's bullshit FIFA packs. I wish this series was released by someone else. I think with FIFA it was easy to transfer, so that's probably not the case here, but it still makes me rage knowing that the system is just asking to be exploited with all these bullshit packs.

I usually defend day one DLC while I'm at it, but with EA's rep I can't at all. They are consumer rapists and have the worst service. It's like a monopoly because these games are too iconic to pass up. BF3, Dead Space, ME, exc...

I do agree with the above guy^^^. They could have made the CIC into the war room. The console could switch from the galaxy map, to the normandy hologram, and to the functionality of the war room. The save game corruption thing should be a non issue though. WTF would you put your saves on the cloud for? Flash drives are practically free now. You can get a 4gb at walmart for $8. There is no excuse for lost/corrupt saves. What I would like to bitch about is all the people coming on here asking stupid questions instead of just using they're own brains/playing the game. It's like instead of thinking about the answer they come on here as soon as they have a question instead of thinking about it for second. I thought this site was about getting achievements and helping people getting achievements. So why do people come on here to have questions answered that they could figure out if they just played the game instead of coming on here and asking about it at the first sign of something they might have to use they're own brain to figure out? i think what we need is a thread like "questions about mass effect 3 that you could answer yourself just by playing the game instead of being lazy".

I couldn't possibly agree with everything you said any more. 50% of the questions asked in threads are downright laziness that makes me wanna facepalm. Figure it out yourself! The flipping game has been out for one day and you already have people asking "Best set-up for my Insanity run." I'm pretty sure the majority of ppl playing Mass Effect 3 are going at a nice even pace and ENJOYING their first playthrough. Do the same and figure that out later!

I played last night and I got through the Citadel and back to the Normandy. I really enjoyed being back in the Mass Effect world. Lots of little improvements here and there, BUT... this is the "Bitching" thread... so that's what I'm gonna do.

I guess I can live with the Normandy's changes and the darkness, but what really bummed me out was walking around feeling invisible. It's fine that none of the Crew is talking, but the least they can do is acknowledge that Shepard is back, damnit! Come'on man, I want to eves-drop on my Crew!

I do have to acknowledge the drastic improvement in the graphics though. Particularly in the cut scenes. Lots of new details that were never there before. But what the hell is up with all the glitchy-as-hell animations? Seriously guys (EA/Microsoft)... what happened?

Okay, let's say that I could pick just one thing for them to fix, then I would have to say the overall "finish/polish" of the game is what I would want improved. It feels like it's maybe about 75-80% finished, but they just ran out of time/money (or maybe both).

* And yeah, I know I'm not really asking for "one" thing...

but this is MY "Genie-in-the-Bottle" scenario so I'll ask for whatever I want. :D

I guess we can hold out hope that they are already busy working on an overall patch/update that will address at least some of the things we're all here bitching about. Fingers crossed.

Cheers :drunk

Edited by Splinter4