Scandella's suspension, was that the same game? Speaking of Scandella, I am actually pretty close friends with his cousin Julia. Small world. But then again, most hockey players come from quebec and ontario

Yup, same game. But I don't think Scandella's hit had anything to do with it (it happened after the Ballard incident).

Scndella just has a habbit of raising his shoulder like that and he's a bigger guy so it caught up to him. especially since he was just fined for it 10 days ago. Thought it was a fair suspension to be honest.

Can I just say fuck Toronto? Red Wings DOMINATED for the first two periods and lose in a shootout. UGH. Time to smoke the Maple Laughs on Saturday...

One of the things I love (and hate) about the NHL is that it is the pro sports league most likely to have games where a team can dominates 99% of a game and still lose. Not only does the better team sometimes get outplayed but the team that plays better sometimes loses. It creates fun situations. European club football is similar but the parity is just not comparable.

I think I've figured out the suspension system. If a Blues player gets targeted in the head and receives a concussion then the opposing player gets a light fine. If a Blues player barely touches an opponent in the head because they duck at the last second the Blues player gets a suspension and sizable fine.

Seems just :rolleyes:

(Kidding...but it does seem a little inconsistent and biased towards some teams/players)

Edited by bigbear.

Sloppy win by the Wild tonight, but a win is a win I guess.

Watching thie Blues vs Avs game though. Wow, what a game, fantastic. These guys came to play tonight.

Sounds like there was a fight in the stands to start the third period too, haven't heard anything else about it though.

I was in the other room when the period started. I'll see if they say anything in postgame.

Another embarrassing loss for the Wings... I take solace in knowing they are still in the top spots of the entire League. Fucking Maple Laughs...

Crazy stat I saw in last night's game: 31.64% of current players have never played an NHL season without the Wings making playoffs.

Another embarrassing loss for the Wings... I take solace in knowing they are still in the top spots of the entire League. Fucking Maple Laughs...

Crazy stat I saw in last night's game: 31.64% of current players have never played an NHL season without the Wings making playoffs.

Wings have less points than the Penguins, Blues and Ducks. And the Penguins and Blues have played fewer games. I think standings points per game goes Ducks, Pens, Blues, Lightning/Wings right now.

A few years ago that % would have been 0%.

Like when the Blues were on their 20+ straight playoffs from the early 80s until the 2004 lockout.

They've been better than I thought. They might have a fast rebuild.

Hope so.

Gaudreau has had a fantastic start to his NHL career. Him, Jooris, Brodie, Monahan and Bouma are all under 25. Plus Sam Bennett who will hopefully be injury free soon.

Throw in the experienced defenceman who are chipping in with goals and we have a decent future.

Flames season has hit a bit of a blip. Losing four straight.

Tough game tonight as well.

Aw, I hope not. Those boys have turned things around in a big way this year, particularly their notoriously anemic offense. Their goalies have been solid, too. Also, another win for the Sabres over Florida in OT.

Guest Chibiuk

Sigh I need somewhere to talk about the Devils with Devils fans, THIS is what I get on the FB page.

You claim to know the sport and you claim to be a fan but you have done nothing but bash a goalie, you havent mentioned the forwards and their boring basic easy to handle behind the net passing in the last few games nor the lack of concentration by the D but no keep proclaiming preference as fact and making idiotic assumptions instead of actually backing up your points. As I said, youre just another cliche facebook fairweather bandwagon blame fan, theres nothing you do or say thats different to those other people I have seen on here year after year.

Like · 40 minutes ago

Patrick A. Smiles U play high school field hockey don't you. With all the other bitches?

Like · 39 minutes ago

Patrick A. Smiles Stop using the term fair weather u little loser

Like · 39 minutes ago

Neil Deeley Thank you for proving my point.

Like · 39 minutes ago

Patrick A. Smiles I'm just blocking u , u need a girlfriend

Like · 31 minutes ago · Edited

Patrick A. Smiles Your crapping up my news feed

Like · 39 minutes ago

Patrick A. Smiles GO PLAY Xbox U NERD . Hahahahajahaha. Ur a loser!!! I knew it!! Bye girl!!

Like · 38 minutes ago · Edited

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Dude, go ahead and double post in offtopic. Post counts aren't enabled and its a good way to keep people looking.

Apparently the secret to success for the Blues is Jaden Schwartz.

I'd like to see the Habs play the Blues in the Stanley Cup finals. There would be so much trash talk between us.