Best Weapon Debate

Tron

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im unsure what is "the" most powerful weapon. Especially given that your skills in various areas effect the stats of weapons you use. But I personally have used only one sword all the way through it.

I got it doing a quest, not sure what its called, I'll boot up the game and have a look shortly, but it was a sword I had to retrieve and then return it to someone to complete the quest. At the time it was much more powerful than anything else I had and was also usable against ghosts (made of silver) although to be honest, I stopped leveling up ages ago because after 50 hours I just wanted to get the game completed before I got bored of it and decided to ebay it without getting all the achievements, so wether its the sword which is powerful, or just I'm probably 30 levels below what I should be (and all the enemys the same) I'm not sure!

I have the strat guide, I'll take a look see if it suggests anything in terms of strongest weapons.

statistically its the daedric warhammer depending on your blunt skill if its expert to master, then yes the daedric warhammer is the most powerful non magic item, however magic item, would be between , umbra and gold brand there both awsome weapons, umbra works well with the star of azura, *get a soul with umbra, then use the soul in the star of azura to recharge it* also umbra is strong, gold brand on the other hand sends opponents flying proving there not to big and 22 points of fire damage isnt bad on top of the base damage the thornblade isnt bad either it disintigrates your opponates weapon by 40 % and unless they an expert or higher in armourer three slashs and they havent got a weapon

statistically its the daedric warhammer depending on your blunt skill if its expert to master, then yes the daedric warhammer is the most powerful non magic item, however magic item, would be between , umbra and gold brand there both awsome weapons, umbra works well with the star of azura, *get a soul with umbra, then use the soul in the star of azura to recharge it* also umbra is strong, gold brand on the other hand sends opponents flying proving there not to big and 22 points of fire damage isnt bad on top of the base damage the thornblade isnt bad either it disintigrates your opponates weapon by 40 % and unless they an expert or higher in armourer three slashs and they havent got a weapon

Where can I find the daedric warhammer or umbra and the gold band?

The most powerful might possible be the Mace of Doom. I am not sure if it is the most powerful, but it does have the biggest explosion. I know you couldn't recreate it. It is more powerful than umbra/goldbrand/daedric warhammer.

I bought this added quest, went through it, loved it and got Mehrunes Razor. I was really excited thinking that it was a "one hit, one kill" weapon. Come to find out, it's pretty lame. I can kill baddies twice as quickly with Goldbrand or my Home-made enchanted "Daedric Longsword of Ass Kicking".

My question: Is Mehrunes Razor supposed to be some kick ass weapon, or was the journey the true prize rather than the actual weapon?

I just got the mace of doom, and I recorded it. http://forums.filefront.com/images/smilies/wtm.gif

It's sloppy because I don't have a stand so 1 hand on controller 1 hand on camera (not even a movie camera, just a still frame digital camera that does little clips).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaeqWZI5CpQ

The Mace of Doom was taken out of the game so it doesn't have a little image next to it in the inventory menu, just a green square.

I would have to agree with the earlier post. The quest for Mehrunes Razor down in the depts of the largest dungeon in oblivion was in my opionion the price you pay for the download. Since completing it, i used the Razor for about an hour then reverted back to my Umbra sword.

• 6 months later...

Ok...I've been using the Elf sword for awhile now and getting tired of it. I keep on seeing the same old swords but nothing new. Where can I find the strongest one handed sword in the game? By the way im a level 14 not sure if there is a deadra quest I have to do to get it.

Thanks,

E