Guide to "A" ending and Secret Locations

Donkey Lips

There are a couple of requirements for receiving the "A" ending. To get there, you will need to destroy the targets marked with a red triangle above them that says "TARGET". There are certain stages that these "TARGETS" are on:

*Stage 3 Canyon Grandeur: You have to kill the Prototype, which also gives you access to the first secret stage, which you will need to kill the Stealth Bomber. This is fairly easy, just lock on and shoot him with missles without running into any cliffs.

*Stage 6S Golden Valley: You have to kill the Stealth Bomber. This can be a little tricky unless you have some advantagous Climax options turned on in the EX menu. Using Climax, just keep hitting the stealth with your machine guns, he can't be killed with missles. You have to do this while dodging cliffs and a barrage of missles. If you don't kill it by the end of the stage, you have a few seconds to kill it at the beginning of the next stage.

**Make sure you start choosing the "RIGHT" paths for now on**

*Stage 8B Forgotten Glory: You have to shoot 10 Helicopters that are marked with the red "TARGET" triangle. There are 3 extra for a total of 13 Helicopters. Using the climax and the air brake buttons helps. Access to the next secret stage requires that you destroy atleast 10 choppers as well as eliminating the Stealth Bomber Target in Stage 6S.

*Stage 13B Nuclear Arsenal: There is a plane carrying a nuke. Your chance to get this is impossible unless you do this: Right before you exit the first tunnel hold your air brakes and the climax button. The "TARGET" should fly right by you from the tunnel exit from behind. You have to lock on and kill him with missles before you enter the next cave because he flies over the mountain and you won't see him again.

**If you've killed all of the other "TARGETS", you will have access to the next secret stages.**

*Stage 14: Shoot the nuclear missles with "TARGETS" above them. These have to be shot with your machine guns and Climax helps out tremendously. After you shoot down the majority (3 I believe), one gets away and the next stage starts.

*Stage 15: Shoot the last nuclear missle. Just like stage 14, but only one missle. You have to be going fast so you can catch up with the nuke. Once you are on his tail, hit climax and shoot it down with your machine guns.

**If all targets were destroyed, then all secret stages should have been cleared, as well as receiving the "A" ending.**

Edited by Donkey Lips

*Stage 8B Forgotten Glory: You have to shoot 10 Helicopters that are marked with the red "TARGET" triangle. There are 3 extra for a total of 13 Helicopters. Using the climax and the air brake buttons helps. Access to the next secret stage requires that you kill eliminate atleast 10 choppers as well as eilminating the Stealth Bomber Target in Stage 5.

Do you mean Stage 6S here?

PonyPo, I am not sure what you are doing wrong. Out of all of the views, you are the only one that can't get it to work. Also, I don't think that it has anything to do with the search lights, because I know I have been detected and still get the "A" ending everytime. All I can say is that when you are coming to the small straight away when exiting the first tunnel, go as slow as possible.

It could also be that you have a Pink My Little Pony as your gamer pic and that you don't have what it takes to play big boy games. That's right, I see you playing Lips.

Edited by Donkey Lips

PonyPo, I am not sure what you are doing wrong. Out of all of the views, you are the only one that can't get it to work. Also, I don't think that it has anything to do with the search lights, because I know I have been detected and still get the "A" ending everytime. All I can say is that when you are coming to the small straight away when exiting the first tunnel, go as slow as possible.

It could also be that you have a Pink My Little Pony as your gamer pic and that you don't have what it takes to play big boy games. That's right, I see you playing Lips.

That reply was completely uncalled for. Did I dig at your guide? No. It's very clear and very helpful. And yet you want to get in my face? Big Boy games? Are you a fucking child? You have the audacity to go at my gamertag when your's is Donkey Lips? At least show your tag in your profile you tool. Honestly, the cheek of the kids on this forum really makes me smile sometimes. Big Boy games, I gotta fucking sig that.

And yeah Jimmy,I ain't too keen on the game really. It's not terrible but I can only play through the same levels so many times before getting bored with it. I used to love the original arcade version but my tastes have changed I guess. Tis merely my opinion and is something I am more than entitled to.

Anyway, back to playing my girls games. Now, where did I hide Hannah Montana....

I just followed this EXACTLY and did not see any Bomber on Nuclear Aresenal at all and ended up once again with ending C. All the other parts were completed with their red checks but no bomber showed up. Suggestions? I really don't want to play this crap through 20 more times :/

I've also gone through the game getting all the bonus objectives and not getting an A ending. I've also done this and not gotten to do any of the secret levels, which I'm told the pre-requisite for are doing the bonus objectives.... I'm thinking people might be putting too much stock in the bonus objectives being the pre-requisite for the other bonus stuff.

Following my guide, I get the "A" ending everytime. If I were there to watch you play, I could tell you what you are doing wrong. All I can say is post a video of you playing and I will critique you.

*And to PonyPo, I didn't make a crack on your gamertag, but your gamer pic is another story. And you do have some pretty lame games on your card. Not only that but you brag about some of them: Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs. There is a reason you were the first to get a 1000 on that. And by the way, Donkey Lips is a character from the classic show "Salute Your Shorts".

Following my guide, I get the "A" ending everytime. If I were there to watch you play, I could tell you what you are doing wrong. All I can say is post a video of you playing and I will critique you.

*And to PonyPo, I didn't make a crack on your gamertag, but your gamer pic is another story. And you do have some pretty lame games on your card. Not only that but you brag about some of them: Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs. There is a reason you were the first to get a 1000 on that. And by the way, Donkey Lips is a character from the classic show "Salute Your Shorts".

Yes Mr Lector. I'll just go for the EX route methinks. Nice to see someone else also having trouble getting the A ending. However, it must be all our fault cause Donkey knows all.

BTW I'll be sure to let my daughter know you find my gamerpic so amusing. I'm sure it'll make her day. Maybe when you're old enough for kids of your own someday (God help us) you'll see things a little clearer.

I shall also continue to be proud to have finished Cloudy first, just like other people are when they finish something first in the world. It's an accomplishment, irrrespective of the game.

Can I now suggest we bury this shite as I don't think either of us wants a modding and this sites forums really shouldn't be a grounds for such nonsense. If you have any other critiques or insults, please direct them to me through LIVE. Consider the hatchet buried from my side.

*Stage 3 Canyon Grandeur: You have to kill the Prototype, which also gives you access to the first secret stage, which you will need to kill the Stealth Bomber. This is fairly easy, just lock on and shoot him with missles without running into any cliffs.

Just thought I would put this up as an obvious non-truth. I have killed this guy many many times, and only gotten to the secret level twice now, so I am sure there is more to it than this. The only times I have gotten to the secret level were when I was using a boat load of EX options and managed to kill the vast majority of enemies, so that may be part of the criteria. Indeed, the bonus mission is very likely part of the criteria as well, all I am saying is that in itself, it is not 100% of the criteria to unlock the bonus level.

This pretty much sums it up for me. I am sure that you are doing things that I am not that allow you unlock the secret missions, A ending, etc, every time. My only point is that those extra things that you are doing are unfortunately not in the guide as both myself and PonyPo have followed it to a T and not gotten the secret levels or the A ending. Would you mind posting a video of you playing so that we can critique it and determine these extra criteria needed to get these unlocks?

^I am not sure, but maybe time has something to do with it as well then. Are you holding the air brake and climaxing the whole time? This really puzzles me because getting to the first secret stage is very easy and I thought was a give me. I will take a break from Score mode to try some different things on Arcade mode to see what happens.

*Pony, the hatchet is buried here as well, I just didn't like how you direspected such a great game and then went to go play Lips. To each his own though. I thought Alladin for the Genesis was a good game, granted that was 20 years ago, but I would still give it a whirl today if it came out on XBLA.

^I am not sure, but maybe time has something to do with it as well then. Are you holding the air brake and climaxing the whole time? This really puzzles me because getting to the first secret stage is very easy and I thought was a give me. I will take a break from Score mode to try some different things on Arcade mode to see what happens.

This is very interesting. I know for a fact that I did not get the secret stage when I got my AAA rating for time, but also as stated above that both times I did get it I was using a boat load of EX options, and thus probably going normal to slow speed by going slow and/or climaxing most of the time so I could get as many enemies as possible.

I can say for sure there is something funky about the criteria for the second secret stage as well as I have only gotten to it twice as well, and again both times seem to be when I was using many of the EX options to make life easier. It could well be that clear%, time, or something else could very well affect the chance to get these stages. As such, I don't think it's a big leap to assume there are some strange things affecting the ability to get the A ending (normally at least) as well.

When u complete the 5th stage, the 10th and the final stage there will be a game summary each time. There u can see at the bottom if you did the emergency calls. If the emergency icons are on orange ground than you completed the emergency call, if its on blue ground you missed it.

There are 6 emergency calls throughout the game:

1.prototype (stage 3)

2.bomber (stage 6)

3.helicopters/enemy fighters(depending on which level u choose)(stage 8)

4.searchlights (stage 10)

5.plane carrying bomb (stage 13)

6.4 missiles in the last two secret stages (stages 14 and 15)

I cant remember how it worked on arcade mode but in score attack mode you have to complete the first 4 emergency calls to make the 5th appear. And without the 5th there are no stages 14 and 15.

Edited by JimmyPlacid

To gain access to the secret levels you need to have at least a diffculy rating of 4 stars for the first secret area (I am unsure how many is needed for the second area). As you play through the game, the difficulty increases and this is shown on the right of your HUD where it says "Stage - " indicated by stars.

Basicly you gain a star for every round you clear and lose a star for every live you lose. So in short, don't die and you'll find the secret missions no problem.

He means the secret stages 6 and 10. For them to get acces u need to have at least 4 stars at the end of the previous stage. For gaining a star you will have to shoot down over 50 % of the enemies in a stage. If you die you will loose a star.

But for the last to stages (14/15) you have to do the emergency calls and you dont need any star for it.

For the searchlights-call just remain unseen by the spotlights. If you get spotted a siren will start and your teammate says something like "they spotted you".

Edited by JimmyPlacid

There is another way to get to the secret stages and Ending A.

In the EX OPTIONS menu, there is an unlock for "Always Play Secret Stage". You just need to clear "X" amount of Emergency Orders (don't remember the exact quota). These are also cumulative, so in theory you can just destroy the first prototype the specified number of times. You don't have to do it all in one game.

Of course, once you reach the secret stage, you still need to take out the missiles with guns only. Helps to have Auto-Gun turned on.

Once I played the secret stages, I got all the achievements.

EDIT: Are the "Secret Stages" just the two at the end or are there other ones???

Edited by SithLord0498

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...