One of the Worst Multiplayer Experiences...

Start whining...

Does anyone else feel like this game is a horrible multiplayer experience? It is annoying that the game focuses on multiplayer but executes it HORRIBLY.

I have spent the last 3 hours watching pages of the loading book flip while trying to join games. 90% of the games will give the Unable to Join Message. The other 10% I get into I will get kicked because I am not on Chapter 6 Hard. (Can't finish Chapter 2 Hard solo and can't get into a multiplayer game for help...)

For the people on Chapter 6 Hard, how the heck did you get there?

This is truly ridiculous.

End Whining...

I felt the same way for the first day or two until I learned to stop using Quick Match. Quick Match is horrible.

Instead use Custom Match. Set it to all countries. It'll give a list of a whole lot of rooms. Be sure to pick a room that is only 1/6 full. Usually, if you pick a room with more than one player in it it will be full by the time you load and you'll get a connection error.

Very bad design on the lobby system, but this circumvents some of it's main faults. Sadly, it's still not perfect though.

Beyond your whining, I just have to say that the people who host games SUCK. Seriously. Why do they create a Lobby, collect 5 players to play with, and then drop the team. All in one swoop.

I sat for at least an hour this afternoon trying to play 1 chapter of this game, and every time I joined a group, the host would quit out before starting the map.

Thankfully I found a couple guys to play with, and we ended up playing for hours. Really frustrating setup, though. Really.

Start whining...

Does anyone else feel like this game is a horrible multiplayer experience? It is annoying that the game focuses on multiplayer but executes it HORRIBLY.

I have spent the last 3 hours watching pages of the loading book flip while trying to join games. 90% of the games will give the Unable to Join Message. The other 10% I get into I will get kicked because I am not on Chapter 6 Hard. (Can't finish Chapter 2 Hard solo and can't get into a multiplayer game for help...)

End Whining...

ill run you through to chapter 6, add my gamertag below

i agree. searching for a match in this game can be a real pain. i really hope they add some sort of a resfresh button so when u search a custom game and dont make it in you dont get booted back to the main menu and do it all over. other then finding matches the multiplayer is awesome.

Finding random people to play with is very frustrating. The best thing to do is look for people to play with on here. If you're lucky, you can find people that play the game a lot to add to your friends list and join them whenever they're playing.

If you need help getting to hard 6, just add me and I'll help you tomorrow if you haven't gotten that far yet.

I was doing a run of chapter 3 hard when the 5 other guys all got killed fighting Menace. He was pretty well beaten down at that point and I figured it was a good chance for me to get my "boned" achievement. Then I hear the others over the mic, "well this isn't going to work out, no water of life."

.... and with 20 minutes left on the clock, three of the guys jump their skeletons into the boss over and over to wipe the clock.

I friggen hate the people who get killed, and with no revives available, decide to quit out or ruin it for the rest of us because they can't get a boss drop.

Beyond your whining, I just have to say that the people who host games SUCK. Seriously. Why do they create a Lobby, collect 5 players to play with, and then drop the team. All in one swoop.

I sat for at least an hour this afternoon trying to play 1 chapter of this game, and every time I joined a group, the host would quit out before starting the map.

Thankfully I found a couple guys to play with, and we ended up playing for hours. Really frustrating setup, though. Really.

SOoo true ! Actually i'll need help killing Dracula on hard ! May you help me killing this fool ?

Start whining...

End Whining...

I'll help run through to level 6 hard - message me as well if you want. I know what you mean though about the lobby, I've been doing single player run throughs on hard because I give up on m'player.

"I have spent the last 3 hours watching pages of the loading book flip while trying to join games. 90% of the games will give the Unable to Join Message. The other 10% I get into I will get kicked because I am not on Chapter 6 Hard. (Can't finish Chapter 2 Hard solo and can't get into a multiplayer game for help...)

For the people on Chapter 6 Hard, how the heck did you get there?"

1: Get friends

2: IRL FRIENDS

3: Invite them to a party

4: Make sure you got alucard with op weapon

5: slack behind them voila you got fancy lewt

or just send me a inv after chap2 because i hate that fucking string boss

I've had much the same problem....because of my work schedule i'm usually on either after 8pm MST or all day thursdays and weekends. I would love to have some people help me get through levels 1-6 hard. Feel free to add me Roman672. It would be most appreciated.

Considering the game only has 6 levels and 2 difficulties I think Konami should have done a game search where you can search for a game with people that are doing the level on the difficulty you need but instead you have to be lucky to get people that are on the same level as you are which can be annoying especially when the game refuses to let you join a match. I remember playing this game on the first week and finally getting to hard mode and every match I got was people needing to do Normal level 1 so my problem was the exact opposite of yours.

People disband teams because if someone in the team doesn't have for example, Chapter 6 on Hard unlocked, You can't just choose it, and they just disband; If I create a match I usually help On any chapter on hard except 2; I hate that level, specially since people won't hit the damn puppets.

That amoung all the others is one of the bugs.

As soon as the team forms (or the map starts loading), the connection to the host is lost and the message you get is "the team has been disbanded".

The host did not do this on purpose, it is just another bug.

I'm pretty sure PakoRawr is dead on with what he said. And I can't really blame the hosts, it's a huge pain in the ass when you get all 6 people in a room, and then find out that one single jackass in the group has never played the game before and everyone has to start on Ch1 Normal. This could be circumvented if the host would simply check the achievement list of everyone in the group, but sometimes you can't see them, ...so there you have it. My guess is that when the DLC comes out, they'll have a system update that will add a Hard Mode filter. *fingers crossed*

Also, I don't think they will ever fix the major bugs with the multiplayer lobby, from a programming standpoint there's probably only like 3 guys still working on this game and there's no way they're being paid enough to make these kind of time consuming changes.

Wow yeah this game is horrible that's why it's #1 this past week for XBLA.

Really? Do you got to be a jerk? The reason it was #1 this past week was because it was a new purchase, and it was the primary target for new customers (Being highly promoted by Summer of Arcade and all).

However, that doesn't take away the terrible online. If you have friends, the online in this game is great. If you want to find random people to play with, this might possibly be one of the worst games on the Arcade for that. If I host a game, people join and quit in a heartbeat. Hell, we'll even set the game up with 6 people, and within minutes, we'll be down to just me.

Also, if you try joining another person's lobby, they either quit out or kick you out if you aren't Soma or Alucard. Besides that, if they can't select Chapter 6 Hard after creating the team, they'll just kick everyone out.

It's poorly put together, and the fact that you have to quite back to the main menu to let another person into your party is just plain stupid. People should be able to drop in and drop out at will. The design of the game easily allows for such a thing, however, I guess they didn't feel it was the "right move". Stupid decision.

Really? Do you got to be a jerk? The reason it was #1 this past week was because it was a new purchase, and it was the primary target for new customers (Being highly promoted by Summer of Arcade and all).

However, that doesn't take away the terrible online. If you have friends, the online in this game is great. If you want to find random people to play with, this might possibly be one of the worst games on the Arcade for that. If I host a game, people join and quit in a heartbeat. Hell, we'll even set the game up with 6 people, and within minutes, we'll be down to just me.

Also, if you try joining another person's lobby, they either quit out or kick you out if you aren't Soma or Alucard. Besides that, if they can't select Chapter 6 Hard after creating the team, they'll just kick everyone out.

It's poorly put together, and the fact that you have to quite back to the main menu to let another person into your party is just plain stupid. People should be able to drop in and drop out at will. The design of the game easily allows for such a thing, however, I guess they didn't feel it was the "right move". Stupid decision.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you didn't have any friends who played this.

Yes I kick people who aren't playing as either Soma or Alucard, because I wanna play Hard Chapter 6 and everyone else with the exception of a GOOD Charlotte can do their part. They hit once and deal somewhere around 30 damage every 1-2 seconds while I'm hitting for 99 every .2-.5 seconds. I would rather play by myself than with people who play as Jonathan or Shanoa.

If you haven't beaten the game on hard or atleast chapter 5 on hard then don't bother trying to join a persons game, because you'll get booted or the team will disband. I've booted people based on whether or not they have the achievement for beating it on hard. It just saves time.

It may have only been #1 because it was new,

but it was also #15 for Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU's)

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/12/castlevania-harmony-of-despair-whips-up-a-first-place-finish-on/

So it's the #1 played multiplayer XBLA game right now. My point it valid.

Harmony of Despair? More like Castlevania: Searching for Teams. Much like OP, I spend more time searching for games than actually playing, so unfortunately I haven't really played the game much. Sucks, cause I was really looking forward to it. Fingers crossed for some sort of update (like penalties for the people that drop) would be nice.