The Movie

Did anybody actually see this movie? The commercials looked decent, but when I actually saw the entire film, it was garbage. They ripped off numerous sci-fi films.

1. The bow thingy is basically the Plasma Cutter from Dead Space, but red.

2. All the enemies had masks straight out of Army of Two.

3. Crappy dialogue stolen from Star Wars.

4. Sword fights were just Jedi fights, minus the light sabers.

5. And to finish it off, the even remixed a song that sucked ass in the first place!!! (Boom boom pow)

Also, when I walked out of the theaters, I overheard a few guys talking about the movie... "I saw the trailers for this movie, and I just knew it was going to be amazing!" :confused:

What did you guys think of it?

Wow I thought the film was very entertaining and on par with Transformers and any other mindless action movie. Dont get me wrong, this movie is a disservice to the GI Joe franchise, but it was still fun to watch.

I actually thought the same thing. It's got lots of 'splosions, but a laughable story. It's not one of the worst movies i've seen in recent months, though. That Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li was a steaming pile of garbage and so was the Dragonball Evolution movie.

I expected worse from this movie. And frankly, I expected much worse from the game. I'm actually really enjoying this game, though. Hahaha.

Both Transformers movies were utter trash. All visuals, no story/acting.

G.I. Joe really surprised me; it was entertaining and fun. The only way I can compare it to another movie(s) is to say it's the equivalent of the Fantastic Four movies... which were very silly, but fun and cool too. But in another way, it was similar to the Fast & Furious movies, which were overly-macho and had really bad acting.

It's very obvious that the director of the first 2 Mummy movies directed G.I. Joe... it's campy and full of plot holes... but entertaining.

As a collector of 80's GI Joe and some of the 25th and movie toys, I liked it. NO it wasnt the GI Joe of the 80's but the TFs movies are not either. Over all I gave it a 9. If you take it for an action movie, its pretty good. They could have left out the hole love story. I would have been fine with that. I think most peoples issurs with it is, its not the 80's cartoon. Anyways thats my 2 cents~ YO JOE!

I just saw this last night and was pleased with it. It was better than I expected it to be. My wife and I were both surprised at the constant flow of action, which is good considering it is an action movie. Yes the storylines were bland and predictable and yes there were cheesy references from the 80's cartoons, but I still enjoyed it and would watch it again. I would score it as an 8.5 and worth seeing.

• 1 month later...
Wow I thought the film was very entertaining and on par with Transformers and any other mindless action movie. Dont get me wrong, this movie is a disservice to the GI Joe franchise, but it was still fun to watch.

It surely wasn't the GI Joe from my childhood but it was better then a lot of flicks I've seen. I see promise in a sequel...

• 3 weeks later...

I grew up on gi joe and transformers and ive been collecting them since then.But for the movies i thought it was pretty good for transformers but with gi joe i think they kinda changed it up a little too much and seemed kinda off even though its not really supposed to be based on the actual cartoon just the franchise itself. And with this game it looks pretty good but controls like crap.But hey to each their own.I figured i just throw my opinion out there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I grew up on gi joe and transformers and ive been collecting them since then.But for the movies i thought it was pretty good for transformers but with gi joe i think they kinda changed it up a little too much and seemed kinda off even though its not really supposed to be based on the actual cartoon just the franchise itself. And with this game it looks pretty good but controls like crap.But hey to each their own.I figured i just throw my opinion out there.

I agree regading the changing it up too much...no GI Joe lore at all in this movie. Still loved it though.

• 4 weeks later...

just because they wore ballistic face masks they ripped it from army of 2??? OK... sorry to tell you but 99% of them look the same, so from now on if anyone uses a ballistic face mask they copied Ao2?

BTW, there are very few movies that are completely origional. Similarities are bound to exist from one thing to the other, especially in the same genre (action/adventure)

IMHO, this movie, just like Transformers did exactly what it was designed to do, and that was to provide a big budget, live action saturday morning cartoon, it wasn't trying to win an oscar, but it was fun and entertaining, I think that is all you can ask for in this type of film.

as for the game, I just rented it a few minutes ago, but haven't played it yet. figure it was an easy 1000 and will keep me occupied for a day or so. Just like the film, i'm not expecting GOTY out of it, so I'm sure it will be o.k.

• 3 weeks later...

As a fan of the original toys, cartoon and comics( I still have 100's of joes, cobras and vehicles in totes in my basement that my wife often asks why I'm keeping that crap) I figured the movie would suck. I was right for the most part.

It has the cliche summer "blockbuster" formula that seems to never die. Stupid script filled with forced humor and big explosions. Why do movie makers think stupid equals fun? Not buying the movie made money so it did it's job either. Making money doesn't = a good movie. Teens will go see crap movies even when they know it's going to be crap. If summer flicks are all about explosions and action, then why bother with any other elements? Or why throw a bit of every genre into a movie? Imagine transformers without humans and cliche humor. All robot action, now that would be fun to watch.

Even though it sucked I still kinda liked the movie. Scarlet was smoking hot and the action was fun. I rented the movie though and wouldve been upset had I went to see it in a theater. I doubt I wouldve liked the movie if it was not gijoe.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

lol why am I responding to this more than a year after the fact?

the movie was pure garbage. The first 15 minutes are good, but then it starts turning into a CGI sausage fest for kids with ADD. The worst thing about it is I think its supposed to be loosely based off of Sigma 6 instead of the better known and more popular cartoon/toy/comic book line during the 80's which old farts like me were expecting to see (which is weird considering the game is based more on the old cartoon than the movie).

The movie ending is maybe the most retarded ending ever to anything. I saw GI Joe with a friend, and the end expoded his mind for about 20 minutes where all he could say was, "THAT'S SHIT!" over and over.

• 1 year later...