Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars Roadmap

Submitted November, 2011

COPYRIGHT/RIGHTS OF USE:

This roadmap has been written for x360a.org only and may not be used, in part or in whole, by any other person or website without written permission by either the author or website administrators.

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars Roadmap

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10

-Offline: 48/48 (1000:gsicon:)

-Online: 0

-Approximate amount of time to 1000:gsicon:: 25-35 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: Multiple (one each for Story mode, Free Play mode, and Ground Assault/Space missions. You can replay missions at any time.)

-Number of missable achievements: None

-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No

-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No difficulty

-Glitchy achievements: Yes (“A Presence I've Not Felt Since” [Collect all mini-kits]. See below.)

-Unobtainable achievements: No

-Extra equipment needed?: No

Introduction:

Welcome to Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars. If you follow this roadmap and finish off one thing before moving onto the next, this should be an easy 1000:gsicon:. That way you can keep track of everything you’ve done. It's not a hard game by any means, just time consuming.

There are many different modes you can play in this game, and they are all required to play if you want to get 1000:gsicon: in it. There’s Story mode, Free Play mode, Ground Assault missions and Space missions. Luckily, Superstory mode (from the previous Lego Star Wars games) does not make a return. Each mode is explained below. There are also two “hubs” (a Republic and Separatist ship) where you can access those missions, purchase characters and vehicles/ships that you have unlocked, travel to different systems, and get some random achievements.

Certain Bounty Hunter and Ground Assault missions cannot be completed if you haven’t unlocked and purchased a particular character. Search around the hubs for them (the guide has where they are located as they are unlocked in the hub under each mission achievement).

You have to accumulate gold bricks to open new areas of your hubs. If you try to access an area where you need gold bricks, it will tell you how many are needed to unlock it. See “Stealth Wealth” for how many gold bricks are unlocked for completing what task.

Also, there is one achievement that you have to get by not using the Invincibility red brick. It is “The Force is With You” (Complete a story level without dying [and no invincibility cheat]). You can use the Regenerate Hearts red brick, though.

There is one achievement that seems to be glitchy. It is the “A Presence I’ve Not Felt Since” achievement (Collect all the minikits). It seems to not be unlocking for some people. The achievement says ‘Single Player Only’, but the main profile can unlock it if playing in co-op, even if the second player has collected some of them. Right now, there’s no real workaround for this if it doesn’t unlock for you without playing through the game a second (or third) time. Travellers Tales have suggested entering every mission then Save & Quit without collecting anything. This seems to have not worked.

The sections of each hub ship are laid out here.

Cheat Codes:

There are cheat codes for every character, vehicle/ship (except novelty ones) and red brick in the game. That link is here if you don’t want to find everything in the game. To enter a cheat code, hit Start, go to the Extras menu, and choose “Enter Secret Code”. There are a few achievements that you can unlock using them:

• Cheat!” (Collect all red power bricks)
  • Clanker Collector” (Unlock/purchase all 'Droid' characters)
  • Jedi Master” (True Jedi in every level) – If you have all the stud multiplier red bricks turned on, you can get this in your first run through Story mode.

There are no achievements for unlocking all the characters or vehicles/ships this game, but they all are needed for the 100% achievement. So, if you are having trouble finding one or two characters or unlocking a certain vehicle/ship, you can always use the code for it if you want. Remember, if you use a code to unlock a character that is built from the minikits (the 22 Classic characters), you still have to collect all the minikits for the “A Presence I’ve Not Felt Since” achievement (Collect all the minikits).

"Fives" is the only character that doesn't have a code and can only be unlocked by completing the Story mode level 'Rookies'. He is needed for the “Jango’s Army” achievement. Savage Opress is a character that can only be unlocked by typing in his code (MELL07) in the cheats menu. He is not needed for the 100% achievement. (thanks Reigning Darth)

Step 1: Story mode (36 for 510:gsicon:)

Your first run through the game will be playing and completing Story Mode. There are 22 missions to go through. You get an achievement for each mission. By my count, you can also get an additional 12 achievements just by playing through Story mode and plotting out which achievements can be unlocked during which mission. There are also two additional achievements you can unlock:

• For “Jango’s Army”, you unlock all the characters throughout Story mode except for two. You need to find all the minikits in the missions ‘Blue Shadow Virus’ (Classic Shadow Stormtrooper) and ‘Liberty on Ryloth’ (Classic Stormtrooper) to unlock them. Or, you can just enter in their cheat codes.

• You can get the “Jedi Master” achievement in this playthrough if you’ve used the codes to unlock all the red bricks and have the stud multipliers turned on.

You unlock a majority of the characters and vehicles/ships by completing Story mode. Then you have to walk around the hubs to purchase some of them (some you don’t have to purchase). Look at the Story mission achievements to see who and what are unlocked when you complete that particular mission.

By my count, you should have unlocked at least 36 achievements (potentially). Only 12 more to go!

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Note: The next three steps can be done in any order, but recommended that you complete one before moving onto the next.

Step 2: Free Play (1 for 70:gsicon:)

This playthrough you are going to get all the minikits. Here is a link to a guide and videos on how to collect them all. This is probably the most time consuming aspect of the game.

37 achievements down for 580:gsicon:. Only 11 more to go.

Step 3: Ground Assault missions (3 for 70:gsicon:)

There are two achievements that can be unlocked by doing the ground battles, “Viceroy of the Fleet” and “Admiral of the Fleet”. Note that you need to have unlocked and purchased certain characters to unlock some ground battles. You need to convert all 16 systems to one faction for one achievement, and then convert them to the other faction for the other achievement. But, for the 100% achievement (and the “Stealth Wealth” achievement), you need a gold brick for each battle (32 in all), so if there are some that are locked, you may have to convert it to one faction and then back to the other for the gold brick. Keep a list of which ones you have unlocked the gold brick on.

Note: In regards to the achievements, after you complete Story mode, it is recommended that you convert the systems to Separatist first (since six systems are locked and already converted to Separatist), then to Republic. Then you just have to convert those six that were previously locked back to Separatist for the gold bricks.

You can also get the “Finder’s Keepers” achievement (Hijack 20 enemy units in Ground Battles) during these missions.

That’s 40 achievements unlocked for 650:gsicon:. Just 8 more to go.

Step 4: Space missions

While there is no achievement for completing all the space battles, it is needed for the 100% achievement because you get a gold brick for every one you complete (16 of them). All space battles are pretty straight forward; start by flying out in between the two ships, destroying the gold brick in the bubble and destroying Lego items. Some missions you need a Rapid Fire ship, others ones with Missiles or Torpedoes. The game tells you what you need when you fly out. See “Stealth Wealth” for tips on two of the space battles as you need to do something else before you can fly into battle.

The Rishi Moon space battle might give you trouble. Look here for tips.

Still at 650:gsicon:

Mop Up:

You should only have a few miscellaneous achievements left to unlock.

• You have to complete all 16 Bounty Hunter missions for a gold brick each (guide is here) and the achievement “Isn't Negotiation the Jedi Way?” for 20:gsicon:. If these are your last gold bricks to obtain, you will also get the “Stealth Wealth” achievement for 70:gsicon:.

• You also may have to do the “The Dark Side I Sense In You” achievement (Free all villains from the Resolute brig) for 50:gsicon:. You can do that after you complete all the Ground Assault missions, as some characters are unlocked by completing those missions.

• For “Twice the Pride, Double the Fall” (Defeat Anakin with Count Dooku), simply choose both characters in the hub and kill Anakin with Dooku. This is worth 10:gsicon:.

• If you didn’t use the cheat codes to unlock all 18 red bricks for the “Cheat!” achievement for 70:gsicon:, you have to find them in the two hubs. There is a guide here with the locations to all of them.

• For “Land-o Calrissian”, you have to have collected all the minikits in the ‘Shadow of Malevolence’ mission. Use him to fly between hubs and land with him to unlock the achievement. This is worth 10:gsicon:.

• For “They’ll Never See Us Coming” (Win 3 consecutive Arcade Mode Battles), you have to hook up a second controller to play Arcade mode. Access the mission terminal and choose the bottom right screen. Look in the guide to see how to unlock it. It is worth 20:gsicon:.

100%:

If you’ve completed all of the above, you should get the final 100:gsicon: achievement, “Impressive, Most Impressive”. Listed below is a breakdown of what you need. You may have already unlocked this achievement earlier if you’ve completed the requirements.

You need to do the following to get 100%:

• Complete all 22 Story missions
  • You must "True Jedi" all 22 missions (in Story mode or Free Play)
  • Collect all 220 Minikits (10 each in 20 Story missions including Prologue and Epilogue plus two hidden missions)
  • Complete all 32 Ground Assault missions (16 each for the Republic and the Separatists)
  • Complete all 16 Space missions
  • Complete all 16 Bounty Hunter missions
  • Collect all 130 gold bricks (see “Stealth Wealth” for the breakdown. You must also build the LEGO structure with all 130 bricks on the Republic ship)
  • Collect all 18 red bricks (or use the cheats)
  • Purchase and/or unlock all characters (114 in all)
  • You must purchase/unlock all Ground Assault vehicles
  • You must purchase/unlock all Flight Based ships
  • You must unlock all Novelty vehicles (look here for their locations)

Conclusion:

Congratulations on another 1000:gsicon:. This isn’t a hard completion by any means; just time consuming (as are all Lego games). You will spend the most time collecting the minikits and about four hours doing the Ground Assault and Space missions. If you’ve missed anything, be sure to look at the guide thoroughly, and even search the forums if you having trouble with a particular achievement. Good luck!

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

a great roadmap and really helpfull i have 4 space missions with no gold brick to interact with to start the mission do u know what unlocks these?

They always showed up for me. They weren't there immediately, but if I flew around for about 10 seconds it showed up. Are you seeing the gold arrow?

• 3 weeks later...
I'm having the same problem with gold bricks in space missions. It says I'm missing them but when I go out there is no brick there to shoot.

What space mission are you doing? Is it Ryloth or Maridun? Read the achievement guide for pointers on those two, or look here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=302163

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

This guide has been mighty helpful and appreciated, but is it possible to get a list of what people are needed to unlock each of the assault missions on each planet? Knowing that would be helpful as I can't start 3 (Geonosis, Maridun, and Ryloth (which are all under republic control)) and I don't want to spend a lot of time putting in codes of people until I get it right.

Also, You don't necessarily have to keep track of which planets you've converted, because when you go into the systems option and click on a planet, it shows the space mission brick, separatist assault brick and the republic assault brick.

Actually, I just found this on GameFAQs. A list of all the required unlocked characters to be able to start the assaults.

Republic Assault Missions

Geonosis

Characters: Commander Cody, Ki-Adi-Mundi

Christophsis -

Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka

Rugosa -

Characters: Lieutenant Thire, Jek

Naboo -

Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Padmé Amidala

Ryloth -

Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi

Florrum -

Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quell -

Characters: Commander Bly, Clone Trooper

Maridun -

Characters: Commander Bly, Ahsoka

Ruusan Moon -

Characters: Commander Cody, Captain Rex

Dead Moon of Antar -

Characters: Plo Koon, Ahsoka

Vassek

Characters: Commander Cody, Captain Rex

Rishi Moon -

Characters: Captain Rex, Clone Trooper

Saleucami -

Characters: Captain Rex, Clone Trooper

Malastare -

Characters: Mace Windu, Commander Ponds

Coruscant -

Characters: Yoda, Mace Windu

Tatooine -

Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka

Separatist Assault Missions

Geonosis -

Characters: Poggle the Lesser, Commando Droid

Christophsis -

Characters: Whorm Loathsom, Asajj Ventress

Rugosa -

Characters: Asajj Ventress, TX-20

Naboo -

Characters: Nute Gunray, TX-20

Ryloth -

Characters: Wat Tambor, TX-20

Florrum -

Characters: Count Dooku, MagnaGuard

Quell -

Characters: TX-20, Super Battle Droid

Maridun -

Characters: Lok Durd, TX-20

Ruusan Moon -

Characters: General Grievous, MagnaGuard

Dead Moon of Antar -

Characters: TX-20, Commando Droid

Vassek -

Characters: General Grievous, MagnaGuard

Rishi Moon -

Characters: General Grievous, Commando Droid

Saleucami

Characters: General Grievous, TX-20

Malastare -

Characters: Count Dooku, Asajj Ventress

Coruscant -

Characters: Count Dooku, General Grievou

Tatooine -

Characters: Count Dooku, MagnaGuard

This guide has been mighty helpful and appreciated, but is it possible to get a list of what people are needed to unlock each of the assault missions on each planet? Knowing that would be helpful as I can't start 3 (Geonosis, Maridun, and Ryloth (which are all under republic control)) and I don't want to spend a lot of time putting in codes of people until I get it right.

Also, You don't necessarily have to keep track of which planets you've converted, because when you go into the systems option and click on a planet, it shows the space mission brick, separatist assault brick and the republic assault brick.

I just edited the Roadmap with the phrase under the Ground Assault Missions heading:

"Note: In regards to the achievements, after you complete Story mode, it is recommended that you convert the systems to Separatist first (since six systems are locked and already converted to Separatist), then to Republic. Then you just have to convert those six that were previously locked back to Separatist for the gold bricks."

If you do all the Story mode missions first, and follow what I wrote above, you don't need to know which characters to unlock, since all the necessary ones will be unlocked. Just do the Separatist ground missions first (which unlocks more characters and more Republic missions), then Republic. I did it that way and had no troubles whatsoever.

What I'm saying is, for the six Separatist missions that are locked, you need to unlock that character that corresponds to that mission. Since they are already converted to Separatist, you only have to do 10 systems for the Viceroy achievement instead of all 16. I hope that's not too hard to understand...

And I only put "keep track of which systems you've converted" so you didn't have to spend time going to each system on the console and pressing A to see which one's you've done. It takes less time to just write down which one's you've done.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
It is a very good road map for sure. I'm surprised it has been this long and the actual checklist doesn't have this road map or the achievement guide listed yet, is it because they were done by two different people?

Yes, I wrote the roadmap whereas Reigning Darth wrote the guide. He has never submitted the guide for publication. He hasn't even posted in these forums for over a year, a I doubt his guide will ever get published and put on the main site.

I had asked the mods in the the guide thread if it would be okay for me to reorganize and submit Reigning Darth's guide in his name, but I haven't heard anything. Probably never will.

I submitted the roadmap about 6 months ago, but since it can't be published without the guide, I wasted my time.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

• 2 weeks later...