Poll: Would GTAO been 'better' with out micro transactions?

Dirty130

Would GTAO been a better experience without micro transactions?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Would GTAO been a better experience without micro transactions?

• Would have been a better experience WITH micro transactions
    • Would have been a better experience WITHOUT micro transactions

Don't get me wrong. I love Forza (just like GTA), but just like you pointed out, in 4 (Forza), micro transactions made getting hard to get achievements much easier (which I think is another crap move). I'm just glad they did the credit update thing in December for 5 (Forza).

The Forza microtransactions are even more ridiculous than this game. I also hate 20$ DLC that includes achievements, no matter WHAT game it is for.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also hate 20$ DLC that includes achievements, no matter WHAT game it is for.

So I understand there would be pricing differences between us, but surely DLC like Lost and Damned and Gay Tony are worth their money? Over the years, I feel like I've played some real quality DLC and some straight up cash grabs too of course.

Without! It's not as bad, as it is with Happy Wars. It's basically a pay this to become stronger and better than anyone else. What ever happened to just earning things. Now, because companies are so money hungry, when their game has already made 10* times more than it cost to make, shows how greedy they are.

Maybe it is bad now tho after all the nerfing R* has done. I imagine for new players, they either have nothing or they have to buy cash cards. (Hey guys, let's nerf all the missions and release cash cards at the same time, we need more money). I wonder what genius at the office came up with that.

Surely, they made enough money to begin with though?

Of course, and we all know how much that was. So, for R* this is completely pointless for them to have this feature. Hell, they could create new DLC and still have made a profit if they gave that away for free.

Micro-transactions will only get worse in the gaming industry.

All games are better without micro transactions--- just my opinion..

And your opinion is valid! I'd prefer they weren't there too!

Micro-transactions will only get worse in the gaming industry.

Unfortunately, I think you're right.

Agreed x500.

Free roaming is tight, but gets boring after a few hours.

The actual core of the Online, like Jobs, Races, Deathmatch and all that…it's just so horribly horrible.

What did you think of the story mode then?

Thanks for the input HugTheBear, Kane, b1ues, BLaZe and BiggD.

That's just the one you voted for. ;)

Hahaa.. True. Was my first poll post. Learned simple things like more than 2 choices would be better and there is no need to put 'poll' in the title as it's automated. Have no idea why one choice was italic though. Maybe you were simply right?

Agreed x500.

Free roaming is tight, but gets boring after a few hours.

The actual core of the Online, like Jobs, Races, Deathmatch and all that…it's just so horribly horrible.

I also agree 100%.

Races were not really fun unless my friends and I were going off random bumps or flipping our cars. That, and the ones we did in our group the other night :D

Micro transactions should have no place in online games, for advancement in single player mode won't bother anyone.

I would completely argue against them if there was no private lobbies as well as limited lobbies and you were forced to play with the players that took advantage of MT's. I personally think they have more of a "useful" bearing without fudging the balance with other players in SP. I understood why R* included them given the grind for leveling and such and maybe they'd rather have people purchase these than exploit glitches/bugs and so forth.

Though, you can wish/hope in one hand and crap in the other and see what happens first ;) Thankfully, I've never run into any crazy players over 110 and even so - Switch Lobbies or run a private one. As mentioned previously, I dig OPTIONS. Doesn't mean they have to be taken by you is all.

Are the micro-transactions even back up yet? All I see in the Xbox Games store tab on the pause menu is the Airship, Beach Bum update and the Capture update.

This seems to be the gist. Even if people DID pay for them, which wasn't a lot anyway - The "effects" aren't present therefore making the whole thing so far null and void. NOBODY has been in the game with the MT progress on a character.

I honestly don't think it makes a difference.

Some people don't sit at home all day living with their parents and have hours upon hours to sit grinding games to earn cash. So if someone has a full time job and they want to exchange their hard earned cash for in game cash then it's up to them.

You can't spend it on car mods or weapons until you unlock them anyway. So it's not even a pay-to-win scenario.

I don't see why it bothers anybody. At all...

As far as i'm concerned, the only people who complain about them are the people that can't afford them and need to ask mummy to borrow her credit card lol.

I honestly don't think it makes a difference.

Some people don't sit at home all day living with their parents and have hours upon hours to sit grinding games to earn cash. So if someone has a full time job and they want to exchange their hard earned cash for in game cash then it's up to them.

You can't spend it on car mods or weapons until you unlock them anyway. So it's not even a pay-to-win scenario.

I don't see why it bothers anybody. At all...

As far as i'm concerned, the only people who complain about them are the people that can't afford them and need to ask mummy to borrow her credit card lol.

LMAO!! I'm in agreement mainly b/c as said - you're truly not forced into buying 'em and even so R* stated they were meant as options for people who don't get to play as much and just want to have fun. So technically, they CAN pay to level up but overall, it doesn't quite unbalance the "Playing Field" being that it mostly ends up as a major Free Roam Free For All.

Myself and many others have put in legit time/effort for current rankings. Point being is even purchasing these would be a waste of time since it doesn't make you any better or harder to kill in the game. It just offers more opportunities to kill them and have them drop their precious ammo ;)