River Rush Curvy Creek always loading?

ScarecrowCeno

Just wanted to ask anyone if this is standard... just got a new Kinect and every time I boot up Kinect Adventures, the main logo appears with "Start". When I hit that it jumps right into loading Curvy creek. Every time I play I have to wait for that to load and then pause and then "leave activity" to get to the main menu.

This can't be right, can it?

- Scarecrow

Definitely not right. I'd trying clearing your cache for starters. Here's instructions on how to do that:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

If that doesn't help you could try deleting your save file and starting over. You'd have to decide if you're willing to try that though, probably based on how much you've played thus far.

Hope you're able to get it sorted :)

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to ask anyone if this is standard... just got a new Kinect and every time I boot up Kinect Adventures, the main logo appears with "Start". When I hit that it jumps right into loading Curvy creek. Every time I play I have to wait for that to load and then pause and then "leave activity" to get to the main menu.

This can't be right, can it?

- Scarecrow

Did you ever solve this issue or find out what was causing it?

I work at a physical therapy clinic that uses this game for some patients and one of our Xboxes also automatically loads the Curvy Creek level every time we start it. We have eight Xboxes and only one does this and we can't figure out what is the cause.

I've transferred save files from other Xboxes, replaced the game disk, cleared the cache, deleted the save file and game data....nothing!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I had this exact same problem. Well, actually I do, but I found a quick workaround. As soon as Curvy Creek loads, just put your left arm out and down to the left to bring up the pause menu. From there just select "Leave Activity" and you'll get to the main menu - complete with any progress you've made. I still have the glitch, but at least I don't have to play the whole level everytime.