Master of Magnet GLITCHED!

Burner

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I may have figured this out. The Japanese ROM might not count in the Magneto fight, because I've literally beat it with everyone on the Japan side and haven't played the US one at all. My friend, however, played the US side his first playthrough, and then only used the remaining characters in the final battle against Magneto and got the achievement.

Stupid as it sounds, it may be the case. You never know. I'm testing now.

I replayed with all characters and got nothing several times.

HOWEVER! I found that after beating Magneto with Cyclops the game DID NOT save my win. Every other character saves, but not cyclops for some reason.

So I started a Whole new game as Cyclops starting from chapter one and the Achievement popped.

Let me know if you experience something similar.

I agree. Just keep shuffling players online and it should pop with time. But the Achievement hunters like myself who want it now, don't have the patience.

Its why I just went straight to the Boss Fight with Magneto and played it several time.

However, doing so I noticed it WASN'T logging all my wins. At least the Cyclops one anyway.

I was thinking the same thing. I had beaten it with everyone, US, multiple times. So I was going to play offline with everyone start to finish, that was gonna take a while. So I decided to load up the Magneto fight on Jap rom and run through that with everyone instead. Well I fought him with Wolverine and then Colossus and it popped for me. I think almost all of the games achievements are slightly glitched. I played through on expert with two people I had been playing with for hours (the mystique one was glitching for him) and one person got X-pertice and Bamf! at the end of our run and we did'nt get any. Think about that for minute..... We all played start to finish and he was the only one to get cheevies?

Unlocked just fine for me, counted over all various of online games and local games.

You can just replay Level 8 for it too.

Worked for me.

Edit: I should be more specific. I beat it one time through local with Colossus on easy, and 1 time online with Daz on normal I think. Then I just played local US with the other characters starting on Magnito fight and it poped once I beat it with the last character.

Edited by Cactuszach

:woop:HOWEVER! I found that after beating Magneto with Cyclops the game DID NOT save my win. Every other character saves, but not cyclops for some reason.

So I started a Whole new game as Cyclops starting from chapter one and the Achievement popped.

I had this exact same thing happen to me with the exact same solution.

(Extra kudos for being from my hometown :woop:)

HOWEVER! I found that after beating Magneto with Cyclops the game DID NOT save my win. Every other character saves, but not cyclops for some reason.

thanks alot i just got my achievement by doing what you said

I've replayed Stage 8 and beaten Magneto with all 6 characters myself on the USA rom. No achievement.

Did it all again on the Japanese rom. No achievement.

WTF seriously?

EDIT: I should note that I've beaten Magneto with all 6 X-Men on each rom TWICE. That's 24 times I've killed Magneto and no achievement.

I also just checked the leaderboard and it registered that I beat Magneto with all 6 X-Men on both roms, but still no achievement. Boy is this glitched.

Edited by Captain Urahara

I got a Save with Colossus, Dazzler, Storm, & Wolverine, but it doesn't seem to matter what I do I can't get a save from Cyclops or Nightcrawler, I tried online, local, just fighting Magneto on level 8 and playing from the first level, all on both USA and Japan, it doesn't matter it refuses to save on these two, last achievement I needed too.

Edited by Lord Montymort

Just popped it. I had beaten Magneto with everyone just by playing the Magneto level after beating it once through with Collossus. SO.... I read the forum. Tried one more time with just Cyclops on the Magneto level. It didn't autosave after like some had mentioned. Sooooo.... played through with Cyclops and it popped after beating Magneto. Should show the achievement during the first part of the ending cut scene.

I did beat it once on the Japan version..... but played with each on the US version just to make sure.

I literally just finished a full run of the game with Cyclops and beat Magneto. No achievement. This is pissing me off.

Did you notice if it saved after finishing with Cyclops? If so.... all you need to do is beat the Magneto level with the others.... look for the autosave after beating him. It could be another one of your characters is not saving after the Magneto level. Play through with that character and you should pop it.