Penalty shot achievement

MikeS437

Why would 2k just quit on one of their games? It's almost 2 years old now; I understand that, but even back when it came out, they didn't even bother to update it? That's just wrong!

why wwould they care? they are making money regardless. They keep making games, we keep buying them. as long as we keep buying them they wont care about ONE fricking glitched achievement, even now with the game being almost 2 years old, what would the point of wasting time and effot with making a patch for ONE achievement, why is everyone complaining, i dont get it. Just be glad your playing the damn game!!!! but i guess there are people who would rather complain about something that will never get made/done. If thats the case can i complain that i dont have sex with super models? Back on topic, dont expect a patch any time soon, or for ever for that matter. Its been 2 years and still no patch. Which means they could care less becauce they are making more game which we are buying. Also keep in mind, nothing is perfect! prime example, the glitch achievement, just be glad you had the chance to play it!

• 6 months later...

In response to the email before me: The reason most people (including me) dislike this achievement is because it stops you from getting that well sought after 1000/1000. It just doesn't look as good when your missing one achievement. I personally thing a patch would be nice... but that isn't going to happen.

In response to a previous email about how a penalty shot is given: (or for whoever still looks that this dead forum lol) The most common way is when you are on a breakaway and you get hooked from behind. So since it was impeding you from a real breakaway, you get another one (a penalty shot). If that made any sense, you can also get it because of other things that dont involve you being impeded on a breakaway, but that would be unlikey to impossible.

~Var

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Why would 2k just quit on one of their games? It's almost 2 years old now; I understand that, but even back when it came out, they didn't even bother to update it? That's just wrong!

It's just like Martin Biron said. The creators don't care about taking the time to make a patch to fix one achievement just to appease us "no life achievement hoarders" (nobody actually said that, but that's what I see them saying). They have better stuff to do with their time and money. It's the same way with the Moto GP 08 complete all challenges achievement. We just have to get over the fact that their is one less game to 100%.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes this is still glitched. Which really sucks because it took me a while to finally even get a penalty shot let alone score on one.

Not to rant about a 3 year old achievement, BUT, I don't think it is difficult to create a patch for this type of thing. Although I know they never will now - 2K, which is a great gaming company, should have fixed it and in my eyes...its borderline inexcusable.

• 7 months later...