The Default Text Glitch Thread

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this is really annoying. Ive read this thread and did not change my costume (I only let the game change the costume as you progress through the story) or lightsaber colour and still got this damn glitch on level 8. I did however change the crystal that adds lightsaber effects and only that crystal, so it seems that changing anything will result in this glitch. I cant believe that the devs did not catch this if it is such a widespread problem.

Although it may be because I switched to a crystal that I got in the same level that it was collected. I read that someone did this with Kentos robe and found that if he put it on in the same level the next level glitched, but if he put it on the next level, it was fine.

Edited by Meese_Rancher

Just got this last night as well. On the Death Star. It pisses me off to no end. It's ridiculous how something this big got through testing considering it's happened to thousands of 360 and PS3 users.

Changing clothes has nothing to do with it. I never changed clothes or lightsabers once (in fear of getting this glitch) and I still got screwed.

It's happened to me now on Imperial Raxus Prime. I changed my costume once earlier in the game to the sith one (black, hooded) but it never glitched until this level. From what I've read though, the kill achievements still track, so I might just keep playing for them, and worry about the holocron achievement until last.

EDIT: A couple seconds after posting this, I unlocked Rebel Leader. Seem it does infact keep track of your kills still.

EDIT 2: At the end of the level, the area where my kills should have been was completely empty.

Edited by VinasErgoth

Well I just started playing this game yesterday and there was a update on the game when i put it in. I have not had any of these problems yet and I am on my 2nd run through. I have not changed costumes but I have changed my lightsaber 100s of times. Do not know if the patch fixes the problem or if I am just lucky

What platform were you playing? I got the glitch on DeathStar and haven't touched it since cause I was too angry with it. I will be going home to check to see if I get an update!

So I went ahead and emailed LucasArts.

"This is a problem we are currently investigating. "

Thats all I got. Way to go PR team!

My friend got the same e-mail. I would have hoped for a little more insight, but at least they do know about it, I guess. I just really don't see how something this big got past quality control. They were clearly high as kites when they were testing this game.

I am completely sick of bullshit glitches in these games...I wanted to send Mercs 2 back in pieces after I had to play the outpost side missions (23+) twice and beat the end game 4 times to get the 1000. I followed everything everyone said about SW: FU and didn't change shit, followed the holocron guide, made sure to use 1 or 2 powers at a time til I got the achievements and then my shit default texts me on Imperial Raxus Prime....WTF?! 60 bucks for a game that doesn't even work right? If this is going to be a new trend, they need to lower the prices back to 50 or 40 bucks per.

I'm still okay at the moment. And I've changed my Lightsaber and costume loads of times, so I don't think that could be the problem. Let's hope they patch it soon though, eh?

Thats how mine was.

Then Bang, out of nowhere on a later stage I get the glitch.

Thanks for renaming the thread it sounds better.

Well, I'm on the last level so I'm expecting it to hit me anytime now. I haven't been collecting the holocrons though, only the ones I see. So I'm assuming that's why it hasn't happened to me yet.

I'm going to finish them up in the next week, as I have about 10 - 20 left. Hopefully I can do it without any consequences.

I JUST got my Holocron Collector achievement. I too was a victim of the *Default Text of death. As soon as I read the boards here, I immediately started a fresh game with a new save slot. This is what I did....

1. Played on Apprentice difficulty

2. Didnt change costumes at all throughout the entire game

3. Didnt change lightsaber color crystals throughout the entire game

4. Changed power crystals once, in lvl 1. (the one that deals extra melee damage)

5. Upgraded Starkiller's Force Power in every lvl.

75G!!

There's no need to delete your save file. Just start a fresh game and NEVER change your lightaber color or Costume.

Well, I'm on the last level so I'm expecting it to hit me anytime now. I haven't been collecting the holocrons though, only the ones I see. So I'm assuming that's why it hasn't happened to me yet.

I'm going to finish them up in the next week, as I have about 10 - 20 left. Hopefully I can do it without any consequences.

Well if your on the last level and dont have it then you wont get it.

Atleast it never happened during a level that I am aware of.

I can also confirm that the glitch is not affected by changing costumes/light saber colors. I read about the glitch before playing, never messed with any custom settings in the menu and I got the glitch on level 8.

I can also confirm that you can go on to get all of your kill achievements.

Fuck Star WARS:FU. Fuck it.

This is fucking ridiculous!! I know why this glitch happens!!! It's because its a multi-platform game. When a game is made for just about every system, there are always glitches of all kinds. I did not change costumes or crystals. I think that maybe when you upgrade a specific stat, that may bring about the glitch. But who knows. This kind of bullshit just makes me feel like turning off my xbox permanently. Microsoft runs the show overall, its there system, they call the shots. It just seems like they dont give a fuck about its users.

I don't quite understand this problem, as is I have 14/15 Holocrons on Imperial Kashyyyk but I can not find the 15th I have gone through the level with a guide about ten times and can't find it. I haven't looked at my extra objective because I alreadt finished it. Do you think I might be having this problem or am I just blind?

EDIT: I have 15/15 on Imperial Felucia (the level after).

Edited by Daftmouse

I don't quite understand this problem, as is I have 14/15 Holocrons on Imperial Kashyyyk but I can not find the 15th I have gone through the level with a guide about ten times and can't find it. I haven't looked at my extra objective because I alreadt finished it. Do you think I might be having this problem or am I just blind?

EDIT: I have 15/15 on Imperial Felucia (the level after).

1 or the other... maybe both.

the only thing I can suggest is to start a new game for the holocrons...