43 39 19 n 75 27 42 w (spoilers within)

So after reading all these posts I sort of went down a wormhole on the coordinates, and found something pretty cool I think. As some other have noted, south of the coordinates is Rome, New York. When I was looking at the coordinates and Rome on Bing Maps I also noticed that there was a Florence New York nearby. That's cool I thought. So I looked into it a little more using the distance calculator and low and behold the three points make an almost perfect Pythagorean triangle. Either a crazy coincidence or a very nice tie in to the DLC.

Here is the map with my notations. ENJOY!:)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/tuckerdwz2025/acbtrianglenotations.jpg

I salute your geekiness! That is a nice find!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that would be a great change of scenery.and dont get me wrong this game is highly entertaining and definitely one of the better ones but MP needs to improved and the stealth elements of this game are still sort of underdeveloped.i mean u can stand right in front of a guard and as long as that meter doesn fill n u break the line of sight u are good to go.dead bodies dont even make a difference and using ur blade is considered a stealth kill even tho u r doing it right in front of everybody.doesn make sense

The 2 guys dont know the locations on the codex map. In modern times, the codex map is scattered across the world, so they wouldn't know the location of any temple or piece of Eden, that's why they are using Desmond's memories to locate them. If they already knew the locations from the codex map, why would they need Ezio?

So we are assuming that it is a +43°39'19"N , +75°27'42"W

Considering that Leonardo didn't understand the numbers, he could have omitted the (-) from either side thinking of it as a hyphen. This leaves us with four possible locations...

The game nor him included the "+" and "-"

"+" means North or West, "-" means South or East.

In fact all it said was "43 39 19 N 75 27 42 W".

does anyone know who William is? He was mentioned during the dialogue referring to Desmond and the new memories (i think in the beginning, might have been at the end when they are heading to the new temple location from the numbers).

As stated above, William M is referred to in e-mails by Lucy and Sean. there is a strong suspicion that he might very well be Desmond's father or at least a relative. Desmond Miles. Desmond's parents were assassins and Desmond was abducted because of his DNA link to the pieces of eden so it is possible that he has other relatives in the guild as well.

As stated above, William M is referred to in e-mails by Lucy and Sean. there is a strong suspicion that he might very well be Desmond's father or at least a relative. Desmond Miles. Desmond's parents were assassins and Desmond was abducted because of his DNA link to the pieces of eden so it is possible that he has other relatives in the guild as well.

This is my theory as well. The AC comic series points to this as well. Someone mentions calling a "Bill Miles" to ask about some files, and "Bill Miles" is bolded to be noticed. Bill=William.

Those Pythagoreans had a thing for the pentagram symbol as well remember. And I know this image has been disproved a million times, but...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3030/2881496645_502b7d5769_o.jpg

It's a reference to Washington being some sort of base of operations for the Masons or something (the information was tl;dr), but maybe it could revolve around the Founding Fathers and all that jazz.

Has anyone gone to these coordinates? You know every once in a great while, some company or someone hides things for people to find. It seems like it would be a great marketing story for something to be there and have someone find it. If I was remotely close, I would probably try it. Being in California, I am not going to make the trip.

If you look good at the numbers and just type them into google maps you wil get to a place called Turin. and turin is english for Torino a place in italy which i think the next AC will take place.

And also when he talkes about salai Ezio says to him that he suits him. wich can be refferded to being gay. and if you look it up on wikipedia, it says that Da Vinci and silai probely had a sexual relationship.

Edited by themartyrh
ad more text

if you look good at the numbers and just type them into google maps you wil get to a place called turin. And turin is english for torino a place in italy which i think the next ac will take place.

And also when he talkes about salai ezio says to him that he suits him. Wich can be refferded to being gay. And if you look it up on wikipedia, it says that da vinci and silai probely had a sexual relationship.

baby i was born this way!!!!!!!

So after reading all these posts I sort of went down a wormhole on the coordinates, and found something pretty cool I think. As some other have noted, south of the coordinates is Rome, New York. When I was looking at the coordinates and Rome on Bing Maps I also noticed that there was a Florence New York nearby. That's cool I thought. So I looked into it a little more using the distance calculator and low and behold the three points make an almost perfect Pythagorean triangle. Either a crazy coincidence or a very nice tie in to the DLC.

Here is the map with my notations. ENJOY!:)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/tuckerdwz2025/acbtrianglenotations.jpg

And without the tenths it adds up to seventy 2, that is really creepy

The Da Vinci Disappearance takes place in 1506 - the year before Ezio goes to Spain to kill Cesare in Sequence 9. That's why he talks about needing to charter a ship in the DLC.

On topic, I'm glad someone looked those co-ordinates up, I was interested to see where they pointed to! The location does seem to suggest that some portion of the next game would take place in America - but as the co-ordinates are intended for Desmond, it might suggest that he'll end up exploring around there in modern times? Probably not for the whole game though, maybe just a couple of sections where you play as Desmond, like in Brotherhood.

^ This.

It's the most logical & we pretty much know it's going to be Desmond playing in the next game. Any new character or going back to play as Ezio or even Altair would probably be minimal with the focus being on Desmond.

• 4 weeks later...

I also checked these coordinates and found the same place, I doubt that it refers to a location during the American Revolution because the revolution ended in 1783, Turin ( or the area marked by the coordinates ) wasn't settled until 1796. 13 years after the end of the war. A logical conclusion would be that Desmond visits the site in question during his time but I doubt it will be a significant story piece as it was introduced during a DLC, It's nice that ubisoft keep everyone investigating on there own and developing their own possible reasons. It also occured to me that there aren't many conflicts since the renaissance eira that could be used for the next AC game. I'm sure everyone has their own opinion but look at the facts, all AC games have had a few things that have carried through the overall story - 1.free running ( meaning large areas of close buildings and climbable architecture ), 2. close combat - ( swords, knives, heavy weapons ) and 3. most importantly the whole back drop for the story is civil unrest, a corrupt group who are hell bent on seizing control of the nation/world. Only when you have all three during the same time line will the game work. Don't mention WW1 / 2 as war had moved beyond close combat. You wouldn't be able to take out a guard post because they would be shooting at you and the firearms were alot more accurate!Any thoughts?

I doubt that it refers to a location during the American Revolution because the revolution ended in 1783, Turin ( or the area marked by the coordinates ) wasn't settled until 1796. 13 years after the end of the war.

Well, settled by white men.

Looks like the Oneida tribes were there before that, and I think we will see Desmond's artifact hunt take him to the sites of several ancient civilizations.

I just joined this site to post on this forum after looking the coordinates up on googleweb, and googlemaps.

I think its odd that none you noted what is at EXACTLY "43 39 19 N 75 27 41 W". Its literally a dark spot on the map. I don't know what it is, maybe a cave or a crater, idk. Here are a few pictures of it: http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9677/crater1.png http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6761/crater2.png        http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6639/crater3.png

Anyone saying that the + or - symbols might be different doesn't understand how map coordinates work. S and W are negative and N and E are positive, like a linear graph.

With the newest issue of gameinformer, we can rest assure that we will not be playing as an ancestor in America. We are officially playing in Istanbul (Constantinople). However, I would entertain the idea that modern assassins, templars, or even Desmond might go to that coordinate to check it out.