My thoughts about Expert difficulty and how to beat it

DJ Kollaide

First of all this game is neither easy nor hard to beat on Expert. I do not believe any game is any harder than another on the hardest difficulty. The only difference between games is the tactics needed to complete it. COD is rush forward and try to hit a checkpoint. OF: Dragon Rising is using stealth and avoiding everyone possible, and this game is you the parachuting to your advantage. Usually a game takes me 4-6 hours on hardest difficulty because I figure the best tact for the game and exploit it. For those who say MOH is easy, for the most part just say that because it makes them feel good inside to say it was easy when others struggle. To be honest they probably got stuck at a couple parts though, so don't feel bad if you are having difficulties because I could not even beat the second mission on casual until I finally figured how to play the game.

First of all to start each mission you get to decide where you start because you parachute in. Use this to your advantage. Always parachute close to an objective but not next to an enemy, because as soon as you complete it you get a checkpoint (The only way to get a checkpoint is to complete an objective, which you can view if you hit start on your controller). If there was an objective in a house then I would parachute on top of building and throw grenades in.

The weapon loadout I used on each mission was the Springfield, thompson, and Colt 45 fully upgraded. Springfield was good for those enemies on the MG's that are far away. Thompson has a clip of 50 so spray away if there are many enemies. The weapon I used the most believe it or not is the Colt 45. Fully upgraded it has magnum ammo. 2 hit kill on Expert with infinite ammo. This gun is a life saver.

When you finally run into the big MG42 guys the best way to take them down is shoot them with a thompson :uzi: (about 30 shots to take down, but when you are shooting at then they will not return fire). If there are many enemies around as well then the gammon grenade will become your best friend, cook it and throw it at the MG42 guy (take 2 to kill).

The part many people have trouble with is the very last part of the game where 8 MG42 guys are in the way of you getting out of the building. I made sure to save all my gammon grenades for the last part (fully upgraded gives you 14!!!). As soon as I go down stairs I cook one and throw it, and rinse and repeat until they stop charging. At this point there should only be two left, one in the back and one to the right in the pipes. I banked about 6-7 stick grenades in to kill the one on the right, but the one in the back was to far to throw one accurately at him without him killing you so I slowing worked up the right and sprayed :uzi: him down with the Thompson. After that you have completed the campaign all you have to do is exit the building and achievement unlocks.:Bounce:

P.S. after you beat each mission on Expert make sure you back out and choose campaign select and choose the next mission on Expert. If you do not then it will load the next mission on normal.:mad:

Edited by DJ Kollaide

• 1 year later...
The weapon loadout I used on each mission was the Springfield, thompson, and Colt 45 fully upgraded. Springfield was good for those enemies on the MG's that are far away. Thompson has a clip of 50 so spray away if there are many enemies. The weapon I used the most believe it or not is the Colt 45. Fully upgraded it has magnum ammo. 2 hit kill on Expert with infinite ammo. This gun is a life saver.

When you finally run into the big MG42 guys the best way to take them down is shoot them with a thompson :uzi: (about 30 shots to take down, but when you are shooting at then they will not return fire). If there are many enemies around as well then the gammon grenade will become your best friend, cook it and throw it at the MG42 guy (take 2 to kill).

The part many people have trouble with is the very last part of the game where 8 MG42 guys are in the way of you getting out of the building. I made sure to save all my gammon grenades for the last part (fully upgraded gives you 14!!!). As soon as I go down stairs I cook one and throw it, and rinse and repeat until they stop charging. At this point there should only be two left, one in the back and one to the right in the pipes. I banked about 6-7 stick grenades in to kill the one on the right, but the one in the back was to far to throw one accurately at him without him killing you so I slowing worked up the right and sprayed :uzi: him down with the Thompson. After that you have completed the campaign all you have to do is exit the building and achievement unlocks.:Bounce:

Beat this game on expert about a week ago, and this guide was definitely helpful. Only things I did differently were that I preferred the BAR to the Thompson, and on the missions that really gave me trouble I replaced the Springfield with the Shotgun (the Shotgun is so accurate at range that it almost feels like cheating.) I usually just ran around shooting people with the Colt.45 anyway because it's a great weapon.

As far as the last part of the game, just sprint past all the first guys down the stairs and then follow what DJ Kollaide says. It helps big time to just spam grenades at them.

P.S. after you beat each mission on Expert make sure you back out and choose campaign select and choose the next mission on Expert. If you do not then it will load the next mission on normal.:mad:

Thanks for that piece of advice by the way - helped me from learning the hard way.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks for the tips they helped me out. The only thing I changed was my weapon loadout was the thompson garrand and the .45. Except for Varsity I had the springfield. I can barely shoot the springfield, I couldn't keep it on target for some reason.

Maybe because MoH: Airborne had a feature called "True Aim" or something like that where you needed to slowly pull the trigger (somewhat like real sniper) until you almost fire the weapon, then line up the shot and fire. It was actually a good idea, but not really mentioned in the game.

• 4 years later...

Thanks for the thread DJ, it's been helpful.

Am one of the new players that just downloaded it for free off xbox gold

like many others have and are just now peeping this thread.

Expert mode is HARD, even ridiculous at times. I'd love to watch the gameplay footage to those who said it was easy ,lmao.

It was the poor hit detection that I've struggled with the most.

The other is that your teamates like to stand directly in front of you alot

while you're shooting. Sometimes even throw grenades at walls that bounce back

toward you.

If you find yourself beating & shooting the hell out of your teamates sometimes,

it's perfectly understandable lol.

Am on the last stage now but so far the hardest part was the end of Varsity,

when you're pinned down by the M42 freak.

Only had one grenade at that part, but it would've been much easier if I saved

them for it. So save them since it's a pain to reach the green crates behind you.

My method: Threw my only grenade at the guy, pelted him in the head with the st, and as soon as he fell I would RUN foward while firing at the hip to the red train cargo trailer directly in front if you.

You can basically hide in there and pick them off.

The second M42 guy that comes out did'nt come to the doors.

Killed him by shooting his elbow.

Watchout for sniper at end of area, opposite from

where you started.

Slow & steady is the name here.

While occasionally moving up , then back again just to advance your troops.

As dumb as they are they're still very handy in the last 2 levels.

There's something strange & fun about expert mode, in a torturous Dark Souls sord of way.

Edited by chaos muffin