Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Clueless

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No One Left Behind - 20G

"Saved at least one Marine in Chapter 3 of Episode 2 of Spartan Ops on Heroic or harder."

Just done this solo on Legendary due to a very fortunate glitch. For some reason there was a marine glitched into one of the pillars surrounding the tower which couldn't be shot at because only his gun was poking out of the wall haha. So once I cleared all the enemies, Palmer went "well at least you managed to save one marine.." and the achievement popped. That will have saved me a lot of time and effort!

thats awesome. these achievements that make you save weak ass marines could be really annoying potentially. but the AI on the marines for H4 are actually pretty good. even the driving on solo for the 5th level reclaimer they were alright. i found that it was always because i missed only 1 shot that i would die.

thats awesome. these achievements that make you save weak ass marines could be really annoying potentially. but the AI on the marines for H4 are actually pretty good. even the driving on solo for the 5th level reclaimer they were alright. i found that it was always because i missed only 1 shot that i would die.

Yeah they're nowhere near as bad as Kat's driving skills haha. Having problems with the 4th mission achievement trying to save all the marines, there's always one that just runs out like Leeroy Jenkins and fucks it up for me!

Is the "Game Changer" achievement glitched? I can't save the gametype. I go to just game options and hit 'Y', nothing. I select game options and hit 'Y', still nothing. Am I missing something [read the guide here/watched a video] because this shouldn't be that hard.

Wasn't glitched for me. What the guide doesn't say to do is actually change something when you press A for "Game Options" to make it custom (like match length, respawn time, etc). Then you press Y and "Save as...".

The guide omits the important step to change a setting...

Does anyone have any tips for No One Left Behind? I tried this with a friend last night, but the AI is awful. Both times the two of us were killing the enemies non stop but we kept losing the marines.

On our first attempt we were using ghosts circling around the main structure but we noticed the marines were following us and getting killed in the open.

So on our second attempt, we stayed inside the structure but were overwhelmed with elites and the few remaining marines were running around the top of the structure and were taken out when the phantoms showed up:(

Wasn't glitched for me. What the guide doesn't say to do is actually change something when you press A for "Game Options" to make it custom (like match length, respawn time, etc). Then you press Y and "Save as...".

I did that too. I've done what I said + changed every option you can change under Game Options. I've changed just one thing, a few things. Can't get it to let me save.

Does anyone have any tips for No One Left Behind? I tried this with a friend last night, but the AI is awful. Both times the two of us were killing the enemies non stop but we kept losing the marines.

On our first attempt we were using ghosts circling around the main structure but we noticed the marines were following us and getting killed in the open.

So on our second attempt, we stayed inside the structure but were overwhelmed with elites and the few remaining marines were running around the top of the structure and were taken out when the phantoms showed up:(

Play on Heroic [My brother and I did it on legendary] and give the marines the power weapons [Rockets/whatever else] and then stay close to them. Do what you were doing by staying inside with one person and the other move around outside of the area you're in to protect them.

Play on Heroic [My brother and I did it on legendary] and give the marines the power weapons [Rockets/whatever else] and then stay close to them. Do what you were doing by staying inside with one person and the other move around outside of the area you're in to protect them.

Completely forgot about giving marines different weapons:p I'll give this a try, thanks.

Apologies, I completely left out the change.

Fixed it:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=2479&pictureid=14799 Game Changer 5 :gsicon:

Created and saved a Custom Game type in War Games.

Infinity related, Online not required.

Infinity :: War Games

Game Type: Capture the Flag

Map: Haven

:abut:
Game Options

:dright:
Score to Win (change 3 to 4)

:ybut:
File Options

:abut:
Save as new...

:start:
Done (2x)

Cheers for pointing this out! ;)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=2479&pictureid=14770 Midnight Launch 20 :gsicon:

Got significant air in the Warthog at midnight in mission 2.

Campaign Mission 2 'Requiem' specific. Online not required. Can be obtained on Easy+.

Use 'Mission Select' after initial Campaign playthrough if missed.

Be the driver in a Warthog and achieve significant air when your console time is at 12:00 am. Only the Driver will unlock the achievement. It's been reported that the achievement may take a couple seconds to unlock.

I did this with my brother by changing the timezones. He drove and I was the passenger, not the gunner, and when he did the jump, both of us received the achievement.

im not gonna try to get 1000G, im just going to try to have fun and beat the campaign and lpay online then hope to get at least 700G

Bro, your sig size is nearly twice too high :)

@ *Clueless* Thanks for this guide and the feminine touch, because contrary to a lot of others, this one is perfectly presented and extremely clear.

I did this with my brother by changing the timezones. He drove and I was the passenger, not the gunner, and when he did the jump, both of us received the achievement.

Were you both on the same xbox? This achievement is not unlocking for Warthog passengers playing Campaign Co-op through Xbox LIVE.

@ *Clueless* Thanks for this guide and the feminine touch, because contrary to a lot of others, this one is perfectly presented and extremely clear.

Cheers for the kind words Asturgis!

I've published quite a few guides and have learned what works/doesn't work - and came up with a unique set of fragmented info with colours and tried to keep it uniform throughout.

Campaign/Infinity, Solo/Coop, Difficulty, Online/Offline...

I don't like reading long paragraphs in guides and having to search for such info within. That's just my preference/style though.

Cheers! ;)

why is the "no easy way out" unobtainable until dec 3rd as stated in the guide??? i have access to this episode now!

EDIT - forget it,the achievement says "ch 1 Ep 5" perhaps it should read the other way round.the guide is indeed correct Ep 5 Ch 1 is indeed unavailable until dec 3rd

Edited by bwfcskillsinhd

"This is my Rifle, This is my Gun 20

Carried a UNSC weapon all the way through mission 3 on Heroic or harder."

the thing is, when you start the mission, you start off with an AR and pistol. However, after you board the pelican 1/3 in (and the parts with the Mantis), you start off with the AR and a DMR instead when you die.

I carried the pistol all the way for the first 1/3, and the DMR for the rest but it didn't pop. Has anyone done it with the AR?

*Clueless* sugar, you absolutely, ABSOLUTELY need to replace that video with another one, please, for the love of God :)

Never have I heard such terrible voiceover, it doesn't even help by telling you when they start or how to do the highjacking properly because they keep failing and everything is cut between Wraith kills, except a little bit at the end but they don't tell you how many more there are after this point and if it's enough to actually start there.

This guy (the one who is skilled) had made some really great vids in the past, but since he's backed-up by that other guy, it's just unwatchable...

"This is my Rifle, This is my Gun 20

Carried a UNSC weapon all the way through mission 3 on Heroic or harder."

the thing is, when you start the mission, you start off with an AR and pistol. However, after you board the pelican 1/3 in (and the parts with the Mantis), you start off with the AR and a DMR instead when you die.

I carried the pistol all the way for the first 1/3, and the DMR for the rest but it didn't pop. Has anyone done it with the AR?

Bro, I think you are mistaking 2 different levels. It's Mission 3, not 4 :)

Edited by Asturgis

Maybe I missed it,

When we are going for the difficultly related achievements in solo campaign, co-op campaign, and Spartan Ops. Can we just "mission select" them all, or does it have to be done in order? Hopefully at least the co-op lets you do it in any order. It seems that way with the co-op, I just want to be sure.

It might be tough for me to find someone to play the campaign all in order. I'll be lucky if I can find people on here to just do it one at a time. :p

i dont know if this achievement " Hanging on the Combat Deck"

is glitched. i know i didnt win 20 games it even shows i won 17 out of 20 and i still got the achievement. the thing that im thinking is i played 3 custom games on my own to check out and learn the map, and quit. i won cos there was no one with me and i got some xp. so basically if anyone that hasnt got this achievement could you try it out. ps i did the 3 custom maps on online mode.

Edited by hackney gee
sorry i dont know why the writing is in blue, sorry

i dont know if this achievement " Hanging on the Combat Deck"

is glitched. i know i didnt win 20 games it even shows i won 17 out of 20 and i still got the achievement. the thing that im thinking is i played 3 custom games on my own to check out and learn the map, and quit. i won cos there was no one with me and i got some xp. so basically if anyone that hasnt got this achievement could you try it out. ps i did the 3 custom maps on online mode.

I had a very similar experience. I played a few custom games when I first was messing with H4, and one of them gave me xp with a win even though I was not playing anyone. Then, I got "Hanging on the Combat Deck" at 19 / 20.

I had a very similar experience. I played a few custom games when I first was messing with H4, and one of them gave me xp with a win even though I was not playing anyone. Then, I got "Hanging on the Combat Deck" at 19 / 20.

so im not alone :) so if this actually works it could be put in the guide, will save countless loses last minute, or very bad matchmaking which you end up with very poor players :)

Updated the final achievements.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=2479&pictureid=14790 No Easy Way Out 20 :gsicon:

In Ch 1, Ep 5 of Spartan Ops survived the enemy assault during the defense on Normal or harder.

Infinity Multiplayer :: Spartan Ops related. Online Required. Must be obtained on Heroic+.

Survive the assault during Episode 5 'Memento Mori', Chapter 1 'Spartan Miller' either Solo or Cooperatively.

Can only be obtained on Heroic+ (description is wrong)

You CAN die!

You will NOT unlock the achievement if you press the button before all the enemies are cleared.

You will NOT unlock the achievement if both terminals are destroyed.

This will unlock once you survive the FULL assault and at least one of the terminals is not destroyed. It should unlock once there are no more waves of Knights, Watchers, and Crawlers. Wait for it to unlock, and then you may press the button to activate and open the portal for the final jump.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=2479&pictureid=14789 What Power Outage? 20 :gsicon:

Completed Chapter 4, Episode 5 of Spartan Ops without losing a generator on Heroic or harder.

Infinity Multiplayer :: Spartan Ops related. Online Required. Must be obtained on Heroic+.

Don't lose a generator during Episode 5 'Memento Mori', Chapter 4 'The Cauldron Base' either Solo or Cooperatively.

Best to do Co-op with 4 players. There are 2 generators you must protect. A good method is to use both Warthogs that are at the start of the level. Use them to kill the enemies up until you reach the generators.

Position both Warthogs between or around each generator to protect the one that will be attacked (the side the covenant is dropped off on, that generator is usually attacked). There are also stationary turrets located above each generator if you need extra firepower.

Repeat if unsuccessful.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=2479&pictureid=14784 Dedicated to Crimson 80 :gsicon:

Completed all chapters in the first 5 episodes of Spartan Ops on any difficulty.

Infinity Multiplayer :: Spartan Ops related. Online Required. Can be obtained on Easy+.

Complete all 5 chapters within all the 5 Spartan Ops Episodes either Solo or Cooperatively for a total of 25 chapters.

Glitchy: This achievement can be glitchy and won't unlock for some.

The Fix: Replay a mission Solo (Easy is fine) and it should unlock.

Edited by * Clueless *