Don't be fooled by level of difficulty

After reading the forums it seems to me that the estimated difficulty of 2/10 and time for 1000 less than 5 hours are way off the mark. If you read the challenges topic in the forum you see comments like “took me a ton of tries”, “I thought it was going to be a breeze” and “not worth the aggravation”. I think folks are surprised at the difficulty only because from the Roadmap it sounds like it will be easy. I have often found roadmaps to be very misleading when it comes to achievement difficulty and estimated time.

So what would you rate it for difficulty and estimated time?

Some of these games are placed in X amount of hours for completion without factoring skill. However, some games don't require or technique, rather simple luck. Would you say people find this game b/c of thier skill level or its just time consuming due to tough luck?

• 3 weeks later...

OK. I have now played the game for quite some time. The game itself is remarkably simple but the challenges can be killers. If you are an average player and don't want to pull your hair out, I think that it's safe to say that you will end up with somewhere between 700 - 800 points. The last 200 points (8 achievements) will be brutal. The problem is that in challenge mode you must make it through to the end without dying and this can be very tough to do. Hope this helps if you are considering playing this game.

• 5 weeks later...

The only challenges that are even remotely difficult are the Egg Roll ones and once you have the technique for them, they are a doddle. I actually got told off for putting the difficulty at 4 originally so I changed it to a 2.

Seriously, this is NOT a difficult kids game. There's even videos on Youtube if you're totally stuck on the challenges. Saying this, someone once complained Ben 10 was not easy so what can you do :p

• 4 weeks later...

The first egg roll was the hardest for me. The other 2 were easy. I got a time of 1:39 on the 3rd one on my first full run (I did the first part like 5 times thinking I could go faster). So far, this game is pretty fun.

• 1 month later...

I just finished this game earlier Today and I'd have to say 2/10 for difficulty is quite inaccurate when you compare it with other games that are considered a 2.

I mean, even the Lego games are a 3 or 4 and will barely even test the skills of the newest gamer. My 5 year old son can finish them but he doesn't have a hope in hell with this.

i believe the first 950 points ARE a 2/10. the other 50 is a 5/10 its not hard. but having to go through a minute and 40 seconds of a challenge only to lose by a couple seconds or fall. after the 100 time it really really pisses you off and you lose a controller. the Pterodactyl Challenge really annoys me. sometimes i shoot the birds and they don't blow up!!!!!1!! wtf is that about. i actually beat the level but with only 600. every time i try to shoot "everything" i end up just dieing. i have memorized every second of these two challanges (eggroll 3/Pterodactyl) yet it impossible to predict whats going to happen. (like getting to the end and falling off)

im going to give this game a break and come back later.

I disagree i got 1000 with no time at all finishing at about 4 hours. with no major difficulties. One of the challeges. the 3 that you have to roll the eggs with sid, i had to retry each like 5 times, but they are like 1 min trial and error so no prob there. This game is like 3/10 diff but easily <5 hours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Even if you fail like 15 times in the egg roll or other challenges, it can be under a minute per try. None of the challenges should take more than 10-15 minutes and the campaign is a breeze. I beat 12 of the 19 or so levels, along with the accompanying challenges for each level (which I did right after the level itself) in under 3 hours

• 4 months later...

i know this is an old thread but i just started this today and after reading the forums on the egg rolls, i just have to say that i got all 3 done in about an hour total time.

the egg rolls are a bit tough but honestly if you have anger managment issues and get frustrated or annoyed easily...do yourself a favor and just skip this game.

i personally would set the difficulty rate to a 4/10 the 2/10 is a bit misleading but as ponypo2001 pointed out he got crap for saying it was 4/10, you can't please everyone.

Ponypo2001's guides are pretty steller in my experience. I've used his collectable guide for Leasure suit larry and had no problem (even when he mixed up his left and right ;) ) i'm following his crystal guide and things are going smoothly i should be done or close to being done by this evening.

• 1 month later...
I just 1000'd it in about 3 hours. It wasn't that bad at all, but it was incredibly boring. And those challenges were a bit tough in some spots, but an easy 1000 nonetheless :)

Bullsh*t..it takes longer than 3 hours to go through the actual story and collect all the crystals alone.

This game should really be 5-10 hour to 1000 and 4/10 difficulty for ALL 1000 achievement points.

• 7 months later...

I have seen so many road maps with inaccurate completion times that i take the longest time the road map states it will take to complete, add 5 hours and count myself lucky to complete it in that time. This game isnt that bad but i would still put it at around 6-7 hours to complete.

Edited by Chada Darkmane