Rumor: Future DLC

Jet1337

Definitely agree, either tack it onto some bigger story or make it a cheap download like 160msp. I remember they did Knights of the Nine on Oblivion for around that price.

I also stand by my first statement, they should make it so you can hold lanterns and use them as a light source :p

You should try the pc version, there are several lantern mods, lanterns you can carry, equip to belt, lit lanterns as would be in populated areas etc.

Spent several hours sifting through mods and got over 100 different ones currently running, it's like a different game almost. Textures massively improved, lighting, distances... So many more possibilities with the pc version.

Any way enough of that it would be good to see bethesda sanction some of the best mods to a patch or two for xbox! My pc char never gets anywhere as I just keep tinkering with the build and gawping in awe of graphics. Got 250 odd hours on my xbox character.

You should try the pc version, there are several lantern mods, lanterns you can carry, equip to belt, lit lanterns as would be in populated areas etc.

Spent several hours sifting through mods and got over 100 different ones currently running, it's like a different game almost. Textures massively improved, lighting, distances... So many more possibilities with the pc version.

Any way enough of that it would be good to see bethesda sanction some of the best mods to a patch or two for xbox! My pc char never gets anywhere as I just keep tinkering with the build and gawping in awe of graphics. Got 250 odd hours on my xbox character.

I love some of the graphics mods on PC, especially the ones I have seen for the water and mountain snow. Makes the flowing rivers look really well textured and the wind blowing the snow on top of mountains looks amazing.

I want somebody to design a mod where your AI followers actively learn as you progress in combat, so they stop leaping in front of my arrows and spells.

The thing is... fans created the mods, unless they are willing to sign a contract that would purposely allow bethesda to use them without any redevance, its unlikely to happen... I doubt even if its there game , that they can use the mods of the people.

I would also love to see some mini expensions for xbox, without achievements, just for fun, not too expensive, maybe 100 pts each, i would buy a lot of them, but the developers may not think its worth the trouble...

Personally im not confortable enough with computers, without a controller and such to play on PC

I wonder how many tens of thousands of ms points these are gonna cost. I can't be the only person who felt like Dragonborn was awesome but not $20 USD awesome. Im already $35 deep in DLC and for the most part it's broken, I regularly fall through houses now, Hearthfire is all sorts of broke, etc. I hope they price their DLC a little more appropriately for the next few (and put them out faster).

Well if they put them out faster, the more broken they will be. The content that the Skyrim DLC's have are above and beyond the average DLC, and in my opinion the price is fair. Sure there are a few glitches, and they probably should have more patches for them. But overall, they make everything very well, and pretty fast for what you get.

Yeah I know the deal with getting the mods on to xbox, and yeah ibe got the better graphics, water, reflections, more trees with better foliage, no lie I walked past a tree and the mushrooms and foliage etc at a quick glance looked real. I'll post a screen later if get the chance as I couldn't resist taking some pics.

Maybe they are worth the $20 but if everyone keeps paying that price, it'll be the norm for all dlc. Just a thought...

DLCs already have a variation of price... would you think it would be fair to have Dragonborn for only 800 pts? Even 1200? That DLC was worth 2000 pts easily compare to the scrap other DLC are that cost 1200...

Its worth 50 hours of gamepay so yeah i think its worth its price.

DLCs already have a variation of price... would you think it would be fair to have Dragonborn for only 800 pts? Even 1200? That DLC was worth 2000 pts easily compare to the scrap other DLC are that cost 1200...

Its worth 50 hours of gamepay so yeah i think its worth its price.

Just keep watching. Soon, 1600msp will be the norm, not the exception. Especially when next gen games will increase by $10.

Just keep watching. Soon, 1600msp will be the norm, not the exception. Especially when next gen games will increase by $10.

If you paid attention, all major expansions are priced at the 1200-1600 mark. It does suck that things go up in price, but you probably should remember Shivering Isles being pricey as well, an Expansion that is still arguably one of the best on the market still, or Lair of the Shadow Broker.

Not really, I doubt 1600 will be the norm. Maybe for expansions such as dawnguard, dragonborn, ect. regardless if we think they suck or not, they are still considered expansions. Why do you think next gen games will increase by $10? They have a good market right now with games being $60 and I don't think they'd increase that.

Not really, I doubt 1600 will be the norm. Maybe for expansions such as dawnguard, dragonborn, ect. regardless if we think they suck or not, they are still considered expansions. Why do you think next gen games will increase by $10? They have a good market right now with games being $60 and I don't think they'd increase that.

They have increased every generation claiming increased costs for production. Sega Genesis cartridges used to be $40, xbox $50, xbox360 $60. May I save this to a file and quote you in the future concerning the 1600msp? ;-)

They have increased every generation claiming increased costs for production. Sega Genesis cartridges used to be $40, xbox $50, xbox360 $60. May I save this to a file and quote you in the future concerning the 1600msp? ;-)

Take a look at these ad scans from Toys R Us from 1996. Specifically the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo page. Some of the Super Nintendo games were going for $69.99, and then come back and tell me we're overpaying for games now. So if the standard price for next-gen games ends up being $70.00, nobody should complain, inflation-wise it's overdue.

http://kotaku.com/5969266/toys-r-us-christmas-1996-catalogue-is-a-historic-wonderland/gallery/1

Damn i must be full of shit then because i had no major bug in skyrim so far... couple freezes, couple misc quest bugs, but nothing game breaking...

And Dragonborn to me is worth 2000 pts... easily. Thats is if you play it properly... because yeah if you only rush the "main quest" its very short, but exploring solstheim and doing all the other quest... lots of gaming fun time.

Im with you man, no major glitches etc... just stuck quest items in my inventory, nothing game breaking. Just recently finished with moving to another state, so tonight begins my questing yet again, bleeding into Sat, and then Sunday. This will be grand.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...