Couls use some help : Riddler Hostage major glitch

Catrulis

k so i'm in the riddler room with the sawblades that go across the floor then the upper part of the room. I was screwing around and used my zipline to go across the room. then used it again and crashed through the breakable wall (where you are supposed to take the hostage through). Now the blades dont move, the floor isnt electrified, and the hostage is still hanging there. None of the switches work and I've tried ziplining through the back end of the room to get behind the hostage to try and grab him. Nothings working. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone able to advise on what can be done? Other then deleting and restarting my game.

Yeah i tried all sorts of variations of that. The issue is, because i broke the glass before i had the hostage in my hands the game sees that as i completed the room. I can no longer zipline from the grater room to the glass with the hostage, even if i restart the puzzle by using the hack took to begin again. nothing moves and the floor isnt electrified as i mentioned. Seems like i'm pooched. If I cannot complete that one, can i still unlock the others from getting riddler secrets?

If not do the riddler trophies and such that i've gotten transfer over to the new game +? if so i'll just go through the game again after doing the rest of the side missions

Hate to say it but it does indeed look like you're screwed. Yes the collectibles you've found will transfer over to NG+ so you'll be able to get the cheevos for the riddler hostages then, however if you're going for the Perfect Knight 2 achievment you'll probably have to start a new campaign as you need 100% in all side missions in regular and NG+ :/

I've got the exact same problem, I e-mailed wbsupport about it and forgot to mention that I was playing the game on 360 so they initially responded immediately and asked what system because they had troubleshooting advice depending on if it was 360 or ps3, after telling them it was 360 I've gotten nothing.

To those who are asking the game now acts as if the entrance room behind the window doesn't have a line launcher point. The worst part is I can still break through it from the bridge earlier in the puzzle but past the hostage is a no-go. It's more like the line launcher thinks that there is still a force field across the back window even though it's gone, you can't line launch through any point of it (though batarangs and the like are still fine)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If the game thinks you have rescued the prisoner, have you tried leaving and looking for the next one?

I did it correctly and got the numbers 115, 780. Try picking up the freq on your crypto and see if it lets you continue...

When I say Correctly I mean:

Use cryptographic sequencer to turn off floor,

run to end,

use batarang to turn off further floor,

run to end, climb up and run to end of path.

use line launcher reach small area

use explosive on wall

use REC to move brick,

use remote batarang to hit button.

Double use line launcher to get prisoner and smash through glass.

Edited by SpinelesS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am also having this problem. I was trying to see if I could line launch to the hostage then out the window, obviously it didn't work because now the hostage is hanging from the ceiling still....

Entering and exiting the room doesn't do anything the game thinks the room is complete but according to my quest on the map it still is imcomplete nor did I ever speak with the hostage for the coordinates of the riddle.

I have tried entering other building's and then going back still same issue. :(

Hopefully there is some sort of workaround or the devs are working on it?