WWE '13 Cheating Online?

xCGIx PUNISHER

Does anybody know if this is pretty common? I mean I know for fact that I'm tapping the buttons plenty fast, but people are beating me even in "Fair Fight" by landing one move, locking on a submission, and insta-tapping me. Literally. It won't even stalemate for half a second even though I have no damage on me. The second the bar comes up it takes maybe 2 seconds for me to tap out.

Not to mention that when I DO win the game freezes and it says I won on my all-time record, but that I lost on my weekly record. One guy even messaged me "THANKS FOR THE WIN LOL!"

What cheating online are you aware of?

I'm not sure if it is cheating or the online is just bullshit. The same thing happens to me every single time I play. Either is freezes, every move gets reversed, or I get one move done and then the submission bar starts at the end and I tap. Either people are cheating or every single player is incredibly gifted.

I'm not sure if it is cheating or the online is just bullshit. The same thing happens to me every single time I play. Either is freezes, every move gets reversed, or I get one move done and then the submission bar starts at the end and I tap. Either people are cheating or every single player is incredibly gifted.

I was just going to post about the freezing. I should have received my very first win but the game froze after I submitted the other guy.

It has to do with the game desynching, if you notice your opponent not moving or getting very easy to do moves too, not reversing very sluggish, it's a good sign the game has desynced.

If this happens it's pretty up in the air as to whether or not you'll pick up a win, but use that time to deliver some dmg and pick up some extra points by doing your finisher and the likes. That way you make sure to get a high score, since you'll both likely pick up the loss.

The problem is I beat a guy as Ken Shamrock and the bell rang and I won the match. But the game froze for a bit before I ended up back at the screen but I still got the points for a win and it told me I won as well. But then the guy messaged me with "THANKS FOR THE WIN LOL" and I just brushed it off. Turns out the next day when I got back online it did count as a loss. So whatever the guy did, it was clearly intentional.

The problem is I beat a guy as Ken Shamrock and the bell rang and I won the match. But the game froze for a bit before I ended up back at the screen but I still got the points for a win and it told me I won as well. But then the guy messaged me with "THANKS FOR THE WIN LOL" and I just brushed it off. Turns out the next day when I got back online it did count as a loss. So whatever the guy did, it was clearly intentional.

hey...that's really crappy.

I've been looking for folks to boost online though, if you're interested in that. I don't have any interest in playing online outside of the achievements because of this particular thing. It's happened to me ever since the series was "Smackdown vs. Raw". NOt the exact glitches, but I'd use a character I built to 100 overall, and get insta-beat by someone playing like...Funaki or some other jobber. It's frustrating. oh, and my gamertag is Shin Seven X.

• 1 month later...

Let me start off by saying, this is a great game. I absolutely love it, it's very fun to play. I've been playing it since I got it. I'm not the type of person to get angry so it's very rare for this to happen.

Although the game may be great, the online playing is horrible. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not the best player on the game and I know that. I'm an intermediate player and I'm fine with that. And basically losing matches doesn't bother me because even if I lose I still get points and that helps towards WWE '13's online achievements (Which they shouldn't have those). But let me tell you.. What I just witnessed about 10 minutes ago was unbelievable. (As soon as this happened, I looked up this thread).

So I did about 5 matches I won 1 and lost 4. The first two I lost against, played fairly but these two were a different story.

- One person I fought had knocked me down then hit a submission move and I automatically tapped out.

- A match in a custom arena, the whole arena was red, he fought with me for a bit, I was at an advantage, but it was a really even and great match, I hit my finisher, he hit comeback before I could pin, then got up knocked me down and went for a pin. Everything was custom in red. I wasn't able to see the kick out meter..

I just turned my Xbox off. I had enough. I can't believe how I let it get to me, because I am nothing like that.. I guess I just hate cheaters. It's bad enough I'm not that great as it is. Haha. :p

Story of my life man, that's why now, I just play matches without user created content, makes it more fair. Although I have had a couple matches, where I would dominate that match and do like 3 finishers, when you do the limb targeting system it still showed he had no damage... I never was able to win cause I couldn't pin him or make him submit because no damage was apparently done.

I haven't been a victim of the autotap or whatever but I have faced 2 people that have modded or hacked movesets.

One of them has a moveset hacked to where as soon as the match started he hit his finisher and pinned me.

The other person has a hacked moveset where he was able to glitch my whole team out of the chamber in a elimination chamber tornado match and he also froze us before that and when we pinned his partners he glitched out of the chamber so we weren't able to win.

Had a match yesterday that a 6 man Hell in a Cell. One dude was all purple and could do a finisher that was like Undertaker's Tombstone but he spun and froze you upside down, floating away. It was funny at first, but then he started leaving people hanging, the only way you could get out was for someone to hit you but it seemed his friends were in on it.

This is something that really bugs me and it is clearly the gamers who know that if they didn't cheat they woldn't be able to win. I haven't played WWE 13 online much as I found it very difficult to win anything a few series ago. The connection would be sluggish and any attempt for me to make a reversal almost impossible.

Thank god I'm not the only one facing trouble here. In the past few nights there has been people appearing with created characters that have some sort of cheat activated to allow them to do multiple finishers,glitch across the screen and prevent people from moving. Even one move is like a tombstone but they spin? And somehow let go leaving you floating mid air? This is getting too common and rather annoying!

I strongly advise people to just not bother playing randoms. It's too risky, especially now that there's someone that said there's a hack that resets your XP.

If you really wanna play, not just boost towards the top, get a group together that's wanting to competitively play it for fun and the points. I've got a session on TA set up for tonight under those conditions. I'm not going to be rigid in that you have to have signed up at TA to join it, so if anyone wants to give it a try send me a message, we're starting at 9 PM central standard time zone.

Perhaps, in addition to that, people should gather a list on here for people that want to PLAY it to get the achievement, not just boost to get the achievement. Something where we know the good players from the cheaters, and the hackers.

I am suprised (well actually given THQ's track record for online play not really) that created content is allowed as well as stat modding on the ranked game mode.

What goes on in player matches online I don't care about, but it annoys me that 9/10 I face someone who is using a CAW with an insane moveset and always recover instantly from any move I hit on them. And on the odd occasion when I beat them I get accused of cheating!

If Ranked matches were just for in game characters then it would work a lot better, though I am sure people would still find a way to hack it.

I hope whoever has the franchise now makes serious changes to the next game or just does away with online altogether! If not then this is the last WWE game I will ever buy, and seeing as I have brought everyone since the original SD on the PSone it would be the end of an era.