Skyrim FAQ and General Information, Please check here before creating a new thread.

BluWolve

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the things that are originally in the house respawn after a while? I just got Markarth house and like it a lot. i'd like to remove everything and decprate it with my cool unique shit but it would be a pain to spend time decorating for the fruit and dishes to respawn and ruin it.

It is not supposed to respawn but for me personally the houses are glitchy, I can't use weapon racks at all and whenever I leave a house and come back in everything I placed ends up on the floor, so I don't bother.

It is not supposed to respawn but for me personally the houses are glitchy, I can't use weapon racks at all and whenever I leave a house and come back in everything I placed ends up on the floor, so I don't bother.

that's odd, I've heard about racks being glitchy but the all work for me in breezehome luckily, I haven't checked them in Markarth yet but I will.

EDIT: I found a fix for the item glitch, haven't tried it yet, but here

"The first thing you should do is drop the items from you want to place/decorate in your house. Then exit the house, and re-enter the house. Now you should be able to replace the items you just dropped, and it will be locked in place. But remember to always drop first, then exit house, then enter, then decorate."

EDIT 2: I can confirm that the above method DOES work for making placed objects stay in place. I used this for my 8 dragon claws and my Bee and Butterfly in a jar and they have stayed in place for a while now. I'm about to do it with my other 3 bugs in a jar.

I will say that for some reason my Emerald dragon Claw does fall of where it is and I think it was just the place i had it. I do suggest not kicking any items you drop, just dropping them, leaving and returning and it should work. I think I accidently kicked my emerald dragon claw and that may be why it is the only thing that has issues staying still.

Edited by dragonpwnr99

I put a custom marker down on the map (blue marker) and i can't get rid of it.

Once you place one on the map does it stay there forever or am i missing something?

P.S. Great thread!!

If you press :abut: somewhere else (an empty spot with no locations) on the map it will ask you if you want to place a new custom marker or remove your custom marker. Just make sure you don't press :abut: on a location you have been to or you will fast travel there, you have to press it on an empty spot.

If you press :abut: somewhere else (an empty spot with no locations) on the map it will ask you if you want to place a new custom marker or remove your custom marker. Just make sure you don't press :abut: on a location you have been to or you will fast travel there, you have to press it on an empty spot.

Awesome, thanks Bluwolve the custom marker was really starting to annoy me!

I'm still missing something something with Enchanting.

I have soul gems and the item I wish to enchant - but where do I get or how do i make an enchantment? =/

They in scrolls or do I buy them of a dealer? It sounds stupid but I'm being very serious!

:(

You need to "Disenchant" an item that already has an enchantment. That will let you learn the enchantment that on the item that you disenchanted, allowing you to enchant other items with it. Sorry if it sounds tricky, it is rather easy once you know what to do. Hope that explains it for you.

What time do people generally go to sleep? Or is it random? I've got vampirism and I'm trying to feed and people seem to be awake all hours of the night...

That all depends on the person to be honest. Some people go to sleep by midnight, or 3-4 am, others I have seen in the pub all night. I would suggest finding one person at the pub and following them around until they go to sleep to see when their bed time is.

A couple of questions:

Can you actually do something with the Imperial/Stormcloak Camps? I've completed the Civil War as a Stormcloak and everyone keeps telling me that if I run into an Imperial Camp, I'll know what to do. I've tried killing everyone, but there's always an invicible legate.

Are there any unenchanted Hooded Black Robes? I'm currently trying to make my character to look like a Nazgûl but with little succes on the robe part.

Does the disappearing face glitch work on anything else than Archmages Robes?

Are there any wild Werewolves?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Alpha Kebab

apologies if this has been answered, but why do my items show as value (x amount) and when i go to sell them they are worth far less, i.e. an enchanted sword worth 500 gold and sells for 56 gold or something silly, how am i supposed to make money like that??

apologies if this has been answered, but why do my items show as value (x amount) and when i go to sell them they are worth far less, i.e. an enchanted sword worth 500 gold and sells for 56 gold or something silly, how am i supposed to make money like that??

Depends on your speech. x amount is what it is worth when you're level 100. It gradually goes up. You just have to keep selling everything you can get your hands on.

I think it can also depend on the shop, I find some offer a little more than others.

Are there any wild Werewolves?

No. They're only in the questline that includes them, and there's another rogue werewolf in another quest.

Edited by amywelshcastle

I've heard that certain enchantments on armor can only go to 100 before you start going negative with the effect. Is there a guide that covers this? Is it the percentage values or the increase number values that can cause this? For example, if I wear a helm, ring and necklace that increases archery, each being at 47%, can I wear all of them or just two before going over 100? I'm not looking to do God Armor and any links to this info would be helpful.

Just thought I would post here as opposed to creating a new thread, on the subject of stat modifiers,

I have the Master Destruction Robes giving 150% Magika regeneration, but I also have a ring giving an extra 20% and a helmet giving 80%, both to the regen stat.

My question is, do all of these stack together? Or are you limited to a cap or amount you can have on?

Thanks.

As far as I know the only caps that exist are for fire/frost/shock resistance and also for magic resistance. I think it's 85% or something like that. And the armor cap which is between 565 and 700 depending on who you ask. Just try it out by only equipping the robe to start with and see how many seconds it takes to replenish. Then equip your other stuff also and see how many seconds.

• 3 weeks later...

I had heard cities eventually recover after completing Civil War quests. There are two houses in Whiterun that are boarded up/staked off. I believe one of my radiant targets used to live in one of those houses, and they no longer seem to be in game. Some other targets have died due to conflict or dragon attacks, but this struck me differently, as it seems to be house related. Will they ever fix these houses and the NPC's return?

Really dumb question but I've literally searched the entire web and found no answer.

Is it okay to pick up the Annals of the Dragonguard book during the quest Alduin's Wall? It's marked as a quest item and I like to collect books, I just don't want it stuck in my inventory.

I've already been fucked over by the Amulet of Talos from Ruggvir or whatever in Solitude and I don't need any more stuck items. No thanks to Bethesda...

Edited by Nevander

Really dumb question but I've literally searched the entire web and found no answer.

Is it okay to pick up the Annals of the Dragonguard book during the quest Alduin's Wall? It's marked as a quest item and I like to collect books, I just don't want it stuck in my inventory.

I've already been fucked over by the Amulet of Talos from Ruggvir or whatever in Solitude and I don't need any more stuck items. No thanks to Bethesda...

From my experience that book is droppable after the quest. I don't recall ever having it stuck, but there are many other things that did:(

This is a very dumb question, but how do you level up or improve your spells? Like in other words the Flames spell is marked as Novice, is there such thing as a Master level Flames spell? Or is that spell always a Novice spell and the amount of damage done and Magicka usage dependent on the character and perks chosen?

I have a few new questions that I would LOVE to have answered because this will determine which house I remain at.

1. Does using the "get homes for free" method mess anything up?
  2. Do storage containers inside homes have limits to them?
  3. Can items disappear from containers?
  4. Can too many items be stored in containers causing #3?

I want to store many items in one chest but I'm afraid that my things will vanish because of how many things I have. :(