The Piggy-Back Leveling Method

Phantom-Phive

I see alot of ppl dreading the task of getting everyone to lvl 50, well there's an easy way to cut your time down considerably,

First u wanna choose Battle Of Hei Fe Castle, Wei Side, Master Difficulty

Basically u get a person who's leveled up considerably, lvl 40 and up

Then use the 2nd controller and select the character u need to get lvl up pretty quickly

Equip both with good fast horses. (also find saddle if u wanna try to kill 2 birds with 1 stone) Make sure that the 1st player's horse has Musou Spirit

Now the next part will require u to get pretty handy with directing 2 joysticks to certain locations, its really not that hard...

Guide the 1st player straight to Sun Quan which is located in the south of the map on a boat with several of his sub-generals, while at the same time guide the 2nd player to the pool under the central moving ground trap. The 2nd character always starts about 3 turns away from the pool (unless you choose a character that's already used on Wei's side by Default like Xu Zhu, Zhang Liao or Cao Cao), so its not hard to guide both of them to thier required points, and u should get the 2nd player to the pool waaaay B4 the 1st player arrives anywhere near Sun Quan.

The reason u wanna take the 2nd player to the pool and leave them there, cause no matter what they cant be attacked or hurt while in that pool area, so now u can concentrate on getting the first character to Sun Quan and taking him out as fast as possible, and if u used a horse with Musou Spirit like I suggested then as soon as u arrive at Sun Quan u should be able to unleash a Musou on him asap, also use a special if the character u used has a Special Start.

Well if u succeed, then should get all 3 targets and a pretty nice time bonus. Once u get in the routine of doing this it get fairly easy and if u Take a lvl 1 character and piggy back them 4 times on this lvl you'll already have them at lvl 20 in less than 10 mins. Very very convenient.

The reason I say do Master over Chaos is because u get the same XP for both, only Master lets u save one time in game, just in case things get out of control while fighting Sun Quan.

well I hope this helps.. peace..

Edit: also props to the gamers @ GameFAQS for helping me figure this out and the original idea to do this..

• 1 month later...

I think master is the difficulty level just under Chaos? as Phantom said , you still get the same amount of points as you do on Chaos but it's a bit easier i think.

*EDIT* : Nice job on the techinque Phantom , i knew of the basic Piggyback concept but not actually what level to do it on or difficulty and such :)

I think master is the difficulty level just under Chaos? as Phantom said , you still get the same amount of points as you do on Chaos but it's a bit easier i think.

*EDIT* : Nice job on the techinque Phantom , i knew of the basic Piggyback concept but not actually what level to do it on or difficulty and such :)

Yeah, my mistake >_<

Its Chaos I haven't got yet :p

Wow, even with this method it is taking FOREVER!!

I have 14 characters left, 3 or 4 from each family. Some characters are really bad so I have to drop it down to hard or even normal when my levels are really low. Luckily some characeters suprised me like Ling Tong who I didn't think was going to be able to handle those 12 officers at once on Master difficulty. lol Huang Gai was utter garbage and I had to do him on Hard mode. Xu Chu was better than I thought he'd be. I guess my Red Hare horse helps out a bit too. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A method I use for my low level characters (not many remaining) is to grind the level 'Conquest of Wu'. Its relatively short, very easy and can get you around 6.5k+ exp each run.

After I've levelled them to say 22, I start on battle of He Fei Castle.