Destructoid.com Says "Worst FPS of This Generation"

DivinityCycle

• 1 month later...

Come on people. Stop and think. This game was developed by a really low budget company that only has experience from one other project (which was on the i-phone). Plus, they developed a brand new engine just for this game (which is probably where all the money went). You have to hand it them. For being a new, unknown company that created their own engine for their very own game on their first effort for consoles is pretty remarkable. Regardless of the game's problems, they still made quite an effort and produced something at least playable.

Edited by isw42
Spelling

• 2 months later...

It is a pretty terrible game, but im going to give it the benefit of the doubt......You have to at least respect the makers and development team for trying.....And if you think about the true intent of the story the game could have been wayyy better......although I think its all worth it when they hand you an assault rifle to just straight up plow through multiple lines of confederate soldiers in the civil war.....hahaha:uzi:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be honest, I don't listen to music when I play a game I never played before. I do this so I can listen to the story and other dialogue. When I played this game, I LITERALLY almost fell asleep at certain sections of the game.

I was dozing off and I had to put some music on or I would've fallen asleep. I can't think of any other game I ever played that almost put me to sleep.

• 3 weeks later...
Come on people. Stop and think. This game was developed by a really low budget company that only has experience from one other project (which was on the i-phone). Plus, they developed a brand new engine just for this game (which is probably where all the money went). You have to hand it them. For being a new, unknown company that created their own engine for their very own game on their first effort for consoles is pretty remarkable. Regardless of the game's problems, they still made quite an effort and produced something at least playable.

WOW, you sound like you do PR for them.

The game is fucking garbage. Period. New company or not, brand new development teams don't push out garbage like this.

and for the people saying Destructoid is harsh, well, which FPS this generation was WORSE than this? hm?

This would be the worst game for the 360 ever created if it was not for Hour of Victory. That game literally almost made me give up achievements and video games all together. At least DoD does not have 50 'chevios attached to a crappy game and DoD does not have multi-player achievements attached to a game where NO ONE plays online and the online servers would never support a match. If you want an experience that will make you want to drill your eyes out, play Hour of Victory. THE WORST GAME EVER CREATED.

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of an older topic but I just received this game from GF. I am about 4 levels in and I must say that review is pretty accurate imo. This is probably one the worst 360 games I've ever played. It is right up there with Leisure Suit Larry, Bomberman and Jumper. The graphics and gameplay are just absolute shit! It is so damn glitchy and the flawed checkpoint system is absolutely ridiculous. I don't even know if I want to finish this piece of shit game.

Also, I laughed my ass off at one of those comments posted after that review.

There were a few people saying that at PAX they were promoting the shit out of this turd of a game (wearing old military uniforms and a cannon at their booth) and one guy said this:

"Saw this at Pax. It was funny because there was only one person at their booth playing it and that person was saying it was shit while he was playing it in front of one of the people who worked on it. I kind of felt sorry for the guy because he looked really depressed, like that was happening to him all day."

That is just embarrassing...

and for the people saying Destructoid is harsh, well, which FPS this generation was WORSE than this? hm?

Worst fps of this generation has to be Shellshocked Blood Trails. That game is horrible.

There's your answer. At least the bad guys in this game acted like they wanted to kill me, not to mention that this game has a plot.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The review is pretty adequate. This game is worse than Shellshock 2 and Civil War Secret Missions. Here's my additions to their complaints:

-Every level is a wide open area, with each goal being "run across the map to this spot". Of course, on the way there, you'll encounter enemies that you can just run past. The problem is, you cant usually run to the goal in a straight line, since there will be hills, rocks, water, and invisible barriers blocking your path. Sometimes, I had 2 goals on the map, but only 1 of them was the correct 1 (after several attempts at not reaching the correct 1). There were several instances where I couldn't figure out how to reach the goal spots, like the 3rd generator in the arena on the last level. Too many invisible barriers.

-Framerate is shit. And since your just running through, avoiding enemies, sometimes when you reach your destination, you then have to kill all enemies. With shitloads of enemies on screen at once, the framerate will drop to about 3 frames/second. You wont be able to shoot straight. Also, if you get FPS motion sickness, avoid this game at all costs. My b/f was puking his guts out after 5 mins, but he can play CoD, Halo, BC, L4D, and Metroid Prime just fine.

-Shooting is crap. You can shoot someone, and it often wont register. You can unload a shotgun on a person point-blank, and it will do nothing sometimes. This is worse when the framerate is worse. Sometimes, I'd pull the trigger and the guns wouldn't even fire.

-Chasers don't always work. Several times on every level, I'd deploy those chaser thingys. After the blue target dudes were distracted by it, I'd push LT and nothing would happen.

-Controls are shit. It feels like your always on ice. It takes about 2 seconds just to make a 180 degree turn.

-Uneven deaths. Sometimes I'd take 30 bullets to die. Other times I'd have full health, no red on screen, and drop dead in 1 shot from a regular enemy.

-Invisible enemies. Sometimes I'd die from enemies not within my line of sight. I have no idea how they were killing me. They'd be completely obstructed from my view, and still kill me.

-Voice acting. Not only does it suck, but the volume leveling is awful. I could hear the main dude clearly, but pretty much anyone else was too quiet. Its a good thing I didn't give a shit what they were saying anyway.

Now, the good things:

+The last few levels are descent. The sniper level was pretty cool. The last level would have been good, but it just went on way too long.

+Easy achievements. Let's face it, its the only reason we're playing this horrible excuse for a game.

+The secret mission at the end of the game has you protecting the game developers. Its ironic, because after playing through this game, you'll want to kill the game developers. Hopefully, during 1 of the waves, some will be killed by the enemies. Sometimes its the little things that can make a game better.

Also, I'd change the difficulty here to 3/10. It'd be 2/10 if this game actually worked. 1/10 is pushing it. That's for games like Avatar, Cloudy w/ Meatballs, Up, etc. You'll actually die in this game quite a bit, and get lost a lot too.

I'm probably forgetting some negative aspects, but if I've already forgotten it, then great. The less I remember about this game, the better.

Edited by Ellie10

• 3 weeks later...
Bit of an older topic but I just received this game from GF. I am about 4 levels in and I must say that review is pretty accurate imo. This is probably one the worst 360 games I've ever played. It is right up there with Leisure Suit Larry, Bomberman and Jumper. The graphics and gameplay are just absolute shit! It is so damn glitchy and the flawed checkpoint system is absolutely ridiculous. I don't even know if I want to finish this piece of shit game.

Also, I laughed my ass off at one of those comments posted after that review.

There were a few people saying that at PAX they were promoting the shit out of this turd of a game (wearing old military uniforms and a cannon at their booth) and one guy said this:

"Saw this at Pax. It was funny because there was only one person at their booth playing it and that person was saying it was shit while he was playing it in front of one of the people who worked on it. I kind of felt sorry for the guy because he looked really depressed, like that was happening to him all day."

That is just embarrassing...

Thank you very fkn much for making me spit out my frosted flakes while reading this comment. Holy shit, i literally can not stop laughing at this. Developers wearing military uniforms and a cannon?! WTF? ROTFLMMFAO HAHAHAHA