I give up

i cant dodge for sh**

the game says to press dodge to get up real quick right after/during falling? well so for im 0/20000 on that

im fighting that Sepulcher boss and i cant time this crap for anything. i watched the youtube vids and he goes down within 2 minutes yet i have to fight him for an hour because i dodge to early or late (im on low health)

Don't even bother dodging, i went through the entire game not pushing the dodge button once. It's a waste of time, it's slow and its got some serious issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't play this game for a particularly long period of time at once. After so long of nervously trying to dodge any and everything (and often failing, until you reach some kind of mastery), I'm often too irritated to do much effective dodging. I do well for about an hour at a time, though. Maybe small doses will help?

• 1 month later...

I started the game my first playthrough on hard (don't ask why I regret it immensly....) made it to the sewers to the part where there are the three needlers and then the two bigass monsters, I gave up and hadn't touched it for 9 or 10 months til the other day i restarted on normal, i really really like the game when im not getting my ass kicked.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Most of you are better than me! I quit with 10G - Kill a Nurse! That first group of nurses pissed me off, and what is all this dodge bullshit?

However, after playing Alan Wake (which was a little more challenging than the other SH games, for me anyway), I might pick this one back up again and at least give it another try. It may have been that it was the first game I tried to play on the 360. Maybe I should have cut my teeth on something easier (Fable II was the next game I played and finished it many times, still playing it off and on.)

Edited by TakkunEG

• 2 weeks later...

Just beat the game on normal and I think I only died once in the entire game. The controls are ok, and I only had a bit of trouble with the final boss and for that I just fired all my ammo at it. Also I had been stock piling health drinks and First aid so no trouble at all.

The dodgeing also works but its all in the timing. I enjoyed this game, not sure if I can be bothered doing a hard run with the laser gun though....

• 1 month later...

This game was so easy I beat it twice in one day... (to get the rest of the ending achievements) the thing is if you use up your ammo you won't have it for when you need it, which is the smog creatures and for bosses otherwise melee weapons work just find, it's especially a bad idea too use ammo on the needlers.

Yes the dodge is broken, but it's actually broken in the players favor if you know how too use it.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I got the game yesterday (well I had it in 2009 but traded it in then cheated gamerscore so I've actually got 70G unattainable right now but it shows on my screen) and I got 490G + 70G from before. I completed the game within 18 hours lol.

I enjoyed it. Scarlet did do my head in first time round, 'cos I couldn't master dodging her ceiling attack but I figured out how. When you hear her scream, she's on the ceiling. walk forward and only press B once when it pops up. I did this second try and beat her. 'Cos on my first try I just kept panicking and pressed B like a madman.

It's not a frustrating game by any means, you just have to understand it. And yeah, needlers and schisms did my head in too with dodging... Smog's did my head in 'cos I barely ever had any ammo.

I like Homecoming a LOT in contrast to SH Downpour. I only played Silent Hill on the PSX and SH 2 on the PS2. I also did 1000/1000 Downpour and really didn't like it that much. The key to winning in this game is the Serums, Health Potions, and the combat roll is actually quite useful for dodging attacks.

If you are having that much trouble just use Pants' road map and get the OP UFO gun. Or you can try running from enemies but except for a few locations this game is very tolerable and easy. But then again, I am pretty good at survival horror games and have some experience speed running.

Edited by Ameno

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Might be a little too late, but to anyone having trouble, remember to run from enemies. This is a horror game, you aren't always supposed to kill everything. And make sure not to waste any health items.

Excellent advice. Also, don't start on the hardest difficulty. And there's a dodge option? I had no idea. Fantastic game though tis a shame so many people are missing out.