50 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a sequel

• Yes for a sequel
    • No for a sequel

I think they should. Here is why.

Mass Effect = Space RPG with continuing stories

Dragon Age = Medieval with continuing stories

Alpha Protocol = Modern with room to continue stories

I say bring on a 2nd, but maybe a different company. Because i don't care what critics say this game was awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I think a sequel would be nice, but they would really have to up the ante if they did. I see games like Alpha Protocol, Mirror's Edge, etc. in the following way:

Yes these games are unique. These type of games are also fun if you really get into them. I believe it is usually the concept that keeps people going throughout the game. Alpha Protocol had a great concept, but did not deliver in a lot of ways. I think for a sequel they would have to make it a more open, tighten up the controls, and make the AI a little smarter. They would really have to bring a lot more to the table to win over enough people to make it worth their while.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I voted yes, but unfortunatly they already announced there will be no sequel. From the homepage:

"SEGA has confirmed that it won't be creating a sequel to Obsidian Entertainment's espionage RPG Alpha Protocol following far lower sales than expected.

SEGA West president Mike Hayes told CVG that the game didn't shift enough copies to warrant a sequel despite the publisher being happy with the "concept" behind Obsidian's spy-hard RPG."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There should definitely be a sequel. Sure the game had its faults, but the discussion system and the effect of the choices Thornton made in this game really changed the way certain people talked to you etc. In that way it worked much better than Mass Effect series. The second part - if given enough time and money - could be a first class game.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The concept, story and the RPG elements were fantastic. The actual mechanics were bad but tbh once i got used to it, it wasn't such a massive problem. I had my fun and that's all it matters. The potential is definitely there though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...