Gamestop Listing Reveals Summer Of Arcade Release Dates & Prices

WalterWhite

From IGN:

5/22/13 Call of Juarez: Gunslinger 1200 MSP

6/05/13 State of Decay 1600 MSP

6/25/13 Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara 1200 MSP

6/25/13 TMNT: Out of the Shadows 1200 MSP

8/01/13 Ducktales 1200 MSP

Don't know how true this will be but 1600 MSP for State of Decay is kind of a surprise. Better be damn good for twenty bucks. Also strange that there's no mention of Castle Of Illusion.

Edit: On second thought this can only be part of the Summer of Arcade line up, the dates are kind of staggered all over the place. Definitely some gaps in there surrounding State of Decay that would have releases.

http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2013/05/13/img20130513172026jpg-acb9d1_610w.jpg

Edited by WalterWhite

I don't think that those are for Summer of Arcade; those are most likely just arcade games coming out soon especially since it's currently too early to start Summer of Arcade (which usually starts in July or August if I remember correctly).

I agree. Not sure they are summer of arcade. Just release dates, that could change.

With that said.

I like what I've seen from Call of Juarez. I'll be getting State of Decay and Duck Tails for sure.

I wasn't aware that the Borderlands 2 Psycho Class was an XBLA game!

But of those games, only State of Decay has my attention, given that I like zombies and I like zombie games, and (lack of multiplayer aside) it's shaping up to be an interesting game... though I'm hoping it doesn't go the way of Walking Dead: Survival Instinct...and that it's really worth $20.

Those might just placeholder dates. Ducktales is said to come out on 8/1, which would be a Thursday. I don't keep tabs on all XBLA games, but they usually come out on a Wednesday or Friday, no? Not saying that it couldn't come out on a Thursday (though I would prefer it sooner than August). Either way, I'll be picking up Ducktales, and will be looking into TMNT.

Those might just placeholder dates. Ducktales is said to come out on 8/1, which would be a Thursday. I don't keep tabs on all XBLA games, but they usually come out on a Wednesday or Friday, no? Not saying that it couldn't come out on a Thursday (though I would prefer it sooner than August). Either way, I'll be picking up Ducktales, and will be looking into TMNT.

Wed for XBLA games. Never even thought of that. Good catch.

Nice find.

I'm not really interested in any of these, so I guess my wallet is safe.

No Ducktales or Castle of Illusion? Whaaaat?

I don't think that those are for Summer of Arcade; those are most likely just arcade games coming out soon especially since it's currently too early to start Summer of Arcade (which usually starts in July or August if I remember correctly).

Agreed. But I would guess that State of Decay will probably be the highlight of the Summer of Arcade, so whatever is missing (or unannounced) will probably be released the weeks before and after that game.

I wasn't aware that the Borderlands 2 Psycho Class was an XBLA game!

Haha, whoops. Fixed!

Good catch, they don't release on Thursdays.

Edited by WalterWhite

From IGN:

5/22/13 Call of Juarez: Gunslinger 1200 MSP

6/05/13 State of Decay 1600 MSP

6/25/13 Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara 1200 MSP

6/25/13 TMNT: Out of the Shadows 1200 MSP

8/01/13 Ducktales 1200 MSP

Don't know how true this will be but 1600 MSP for State of Decay is kind of a surprise. Better be damn good for twenty bucks. Also strange that there's no mention of Castle Of Illusion.

Edit: On second thought this can only be part of the Summer of Arcade line up, the dates are kind of staggered all over the place. Definitely some gaps in there surrounding State of Decay that would have releases.

http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2013/05/13/img20130513172026jpg-acb9d1_610w.jpg

Interesting stuff...

DUCK TALES :D

I think if they want to charge 20 bucks they could give SOD a retail release. Its too much for a digital release.

Also Ducktales is really pricy considering the original had only 5 levels and could be completed in 1-2 hours. Unless they really beef it up or have it as a combo package with Ducktales 2 its too pricy.

Kinda interested in all of these games but none at the price point they're asking