Achievement Discussion

Krazie

• 6 months later...

I have all of the achievements except "Grand Master" which says "kill at least 1000 of each enemy type." I am wondering if this includes Guardians. Does anyone know for sure what types of enemies need to be killed for this achievement? Hunters, for example

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm curious how to get the hunters. I've only seen a couple and I'm not sure how or when they appear. I think you just have to hang out and wait a while without killing the harvesters, but I'm not 100% sure. Guess I'll test it.

Yeah, hang around in the level for a bit and the Hunters appear. I think the best way for the 1000 kill achievements would be to go into the Bonus mode where you're fully powered u pfrom the start and have unlimited bombs.

And yes, if you go into the Stats screen it will tell how many you have killed.

• 1 year later...

Did one of the system updates in the last couple years add a hidden 0.1x multiplier for score in this game?

I picked it up recently and no way are they "3/10" difficulty. I can't even see myself being able to get Happy Medium, and Well Hard must be harder than the Grand Pearl Poo-Bah.

I can get to 2.5-4 million on Easy and Moderate, but then there's just way too much on-screen to survive, and far too many instant kills (a Scarab volley from close range, half a second of a guardian reflecting your shots, a ton of fast-moving ramming enemies, or all of the above at once). I can't imagine how ridiculous it must be by 9 million.

Is there some kind of bizarre trick? Does playing in SD let you see more? Is there something you can to to stop there being a bajillion sources of death? Smart bombs only save you for a moment and then the next enemies are rushing in before your health starts recharging >.<

If it weren't for those hunters I would honestly spend the two days necessary to do it all in level 1.

• 3 years later...

Managed to get the 10M achievement today, after many failed attempts. Did so on Normal.

Per the previous poster, there were a few things that could kill you quick, but the key was to not panic; you regen when you don't get hit, so if you can stay in place, even if you had to use a smartbomb to clear the area, it'll protect you from getting ganged up as you move about.

Also, play with sound up. Most of the time, I died on a guardian with a reflecting shield killing me with my own bullets. It makes a distinctive sound, so drop the weapon, or actively aim away from the boss to try and kill some drones or such for more weapon energy. I repeat; get to know this sound, and if you do get damaged, consider just circling around and dodging to try and regain health if it gets too low, rather than risking a reflection death. Alternatively, if you have energy, you can use the laser at this point; it ignores shields.

I think the snake enemies tend to give more points than the other creatures, though they may take more damage. Additionally, snakes can shoot from their sides, so they are an added danger you want to take care of. However, they're worth a good amount of weapon energy as well.

I managed to keep my multiplier up for the most part; it really helps out for getting score faster, but it's better to give up a level and have to earn it again, rather than dying and having to try again.