I don't care if you cheated or not, but

I respect anybody that's gotten the Aperture Science Achievement. I started doing these trials yesterday at 5pm, probably putting a good 11 hours into them alone, and I'm still only at 13/18 Gold. The rest I could pull off Silver decently enough, but I just tried using glitches and the in-game cheats for the last five medals I still can't promote those Silvers to Gold.

Might be a different case if I could pull off a successful 1-step elevator exit/entrance like in the PC version, or hell, even the portal-bump method that I just can't seem to grasp in 16 at all, but even using glitches/cheats, the trials are beyond infuriating.

Cheers to anybody that's be able to sit down with enough patience to complete this. Afraid this is 40g I'll never pick up though.

• 2 weeks later...

It's all practice bro. I felt that way for 3 years. Until I picked it up yesterday and said, "This is happening."

I started with glitches, but as I got to 16ish, I found out I could, with some work, pull them off without the glitches. Because even though I was glitching, I was still learning techniques and tricks. Just got it about 3 hours ago.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't suppose these medals can be earned in online co-op? (If that's even available in the first Portal?) Heh. I haven't purchased The Orange Box. My boyfriend wants to but I'm leery of starting a game when I may not be able to unlock everything. Call it OCD. =X

There is no co-op. If you suck at games don't get this.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't suppose these medals can be earned in online co-op? (If that's even available in the first Portal?) Heh. I haven't purchased The Orange Box. My boyfriend wants to but I'm leery of starting a game when I may not be able to unlock everything. Call it OCD. =X

Too funny. I'm definitely that boyfriend. Lol. I slowly drop hints here and there when she is playing a game. I'm doing it for her :)

• 6 months later...

The best piece of advice that I can give anybody is to turn the sensitivity way up on their controllers, and then practice. The game was designed with the PC in mind, and any PC gamer will whine at you for eternity that the analog sticks are why console gamers will never beat PC gamers in an FPS. I got Aperture Science with my sensitivity turned to the maximum. On a side note, that's actually greatly improved my gameplay in several other games, as well.